Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

IGT: December "Accountability"

Starting to look like a team. AV is changing the culture in Philly and making the players accountable for there play. I'm sure there will be a couple of games where they will take a step backwards. But they are starting to look better, need to start games better.

currently on pace for 106 points.

if it happens, this would be the flyers' first 100 point season since we lost jagr.

Would you trade Voracek, Laughton, and a 1st for Patrick Kane? Assuming Kane waives his NMC to come here?

What would be attractive to Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Would you trade Voracek, Laughton, and a 1st for Patrick Kane? Assuming Kane waives his NMC to come here?

Honestly, that's probably not enough. You might have to do Voracek, Patrick & 1st. And I'm not sure that's worth it.

What *could* be interesting is Puljujarvi from EDM. He's a Voracek clone that has flat-out refused to play in EDM again. A 2nd probably gets it done -- maybe Vorobyev and a 3rd or 4th.

i come at that one from both directions. i don't think kane is the right move for this team, but he would be such a huge upgrade that i think we'd have to try to make it work (a la LAK getting carter and gaborik)

i'd rather have toews, though.
    ghost and farabee.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i come at that one from both directions. i don't think kane is the right move for this team, but he would be such a huge upgrade that i think we'd have to try to make it work (a la LAK getting carter and gaborik)

ghost and farabee.
    For the first time in a long time, Iím comfortable down the middle for the next 2-3 years.

ghost and farabee.
    I agree with this completely. I think we could do Jake and Ghost with a 2nd/3rd for Kane and that would be a fair trade. I also would prefer Captain Serious. If I'm not mistaken, weren't he and G on a line together for Canada?

so lets say we are in this position come the trade deadline...what moves do you think will be made, if any?

it doesn't look like we are weak at any position but we could use an upgrade.

ghost and farabee.
    I'm not entirely sure either would be worth the price to acquire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Honestly, that's probably not enough. You might have to do Voracek, Patrick & 1st. And I'm not sure that's worth it.

What *could* be interesting is Puljujarvi from EDM. He's a Voracek clone that has flat-out refused to play in EDM again. A 2nd probably gets it done -- maybe Vorobyev and a 3rd or 4th.
    I'm pretty sure Edmonton is unwisely still holding out for a 1st. That said, I don't think I'd trade a 2nd for him anyway. Vorobyev+4th I'd do, but I seriously doubt Edmonton considers that.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Edmonton is unwisely still holding out for a 1st. That said, I don't think I'd trade a 2nd for him anyway. Vorobyev+4th I'd do, but I seriously doubt Edmonton considers that.
    Probably are, but he's going to go for less. I'd be all over that if the price is Vorobyev & a 3rd. Huge upside, limited downside.

i think we're in a good position to take a flier on puljujarvi, so i'd go a bit further than that.

the last time he played in europe, he put up 28 points in 50 games; this time around, he's at 24 points in 25 games. granted, he was only 17 back then, but the fact that he's outperforming what he did before is evidence that his talent hasn't disappeared.
    I'm not entirely sure either would be worth the price to acquire them.
    i think that's reasonable.
    For the first time in a long time, Iím comfortable down the middle for the next 2-3 years.
    we're more solid than we have been; i completely agree with you there. however, i don't trust patrick or vorobyev, and i think giroux and frost are better suited for the wing, and so i'm a lot less comfortable than you.

i see 2C/3C as our biggest potential area for improvement. there's room for marginal upgrades; someone like jeff carter or mikko koivu or jg pageau would significantly reinforce our middle-/bottom-6 at relatively little cost.

an older stopgap also has some appeal; erik staal or ryan getzlaf could put us near/over the top if things go right.

i've generally opposed targeting anze kopitar because of his age/contract (5 years; 10MM cap hit; ages 32-36), but if we continue to improve over the next 6-8 weeks, i think we'd have to look a lot harder at it. that is the kind of move that puts everything else in place:

-- couturier/kopitar/hayes down the middle
    -- giroux, konecny, lindblom, frost, farabee, patrick, JVR/voracek on the wing
    -- provorov/niskanen #1D/#2D
    -- sanheim/myers #3D/#4D
    -- hart in net.

i see 2C/3C as our biggest potential area for improvement. there's room for marginal upgrades; someone like jeff carter or mikko koivu or jg pageau would significantly reinforce our middle-/bottom-6 at relatively little cost.
    also, since i've brought up pageau as a trade target for the last few years, fun fact:

pageau this year:

27 GP
    14 goals
    20 points
    +18 (noone else on OTT is above +5)

50% CF%
    +2.7 CF-rel

18:06 TOI/g
    63% DZ-start%
    53% FO%
    2:42 PK TOI/g

from february 2018:

acquiring pageau won't cost any high end assets and his best hockey is still ahead of him. even if our prospects develop into better players than him, we should be able to trade pageau away in a year or two for about the same package we give up to get him.
    it's good to have a surplus of guys like that. speed, versatility and defensive competence are great qualities to have in abundance in the middle 6.

even if i'm wrong about pageau's offensive upside, his floor is a better version of what scott laughton currently is.
    why pay for that when we have laughton, vecchione, nak, vorobyev, rubstov.......
    vorobyev has 15 points for the phantoms. how in the hell are you projecting him as a 3rd liner? ffs, vecchione is only 4 months younger than pageau.
    You're right that JGP ain't going to cost an arm and a leg, but why pay anything to see if he has this other level of offense you think he might have, when we can just see if what we already have, which profiles amazingly similar, might just have the very same level? Why waste any asset on what we already have?
    pageau isn't more of what we already have. what we already have is filppula, weise, weal, leier and lehtera.
    except unlike Pageau that steagles wants to trade for, Soshnikov actually has upside and just a generally good player

Who is Soshnikov?
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Who is Soshnikov?
    Nikita Soshnikov

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast