Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i couldnt watch because of work... can someone tell me the positives and negatives?
    Arizona lulls you to sleep. Flyers should have won, played way better. Their goalie stole one. PP needed to be better.

idk i think giroux took two stupid penalties early. One that resulted in the goal. Ari plays well with the lead in their boring system. Can't make those mistakes and give up the goal early to let them sit back and ride their hot goalies

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i think he would fit with hayes better than jvr.
    I dunno about all that.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I dunno about all that.
    i wouold much rather have kane and tuch than jvr right now. 1. kane is just better at almost everything not naming tips 2. tuch is cheaper for the 3rd line

braun was awful

game like this is where a tuch or kane would come in handy. Sucks to have a 7 million $ winger on the 4th line. I don't know why they won't switch laughton and jvr.

would have go with this bottom 6:

jvr-hayes-farabee
    nak/winger-laughton-pitlick

game like this is where a tuch or kane would come in handy. Sucks to have a 7 million $ winger on the 4th line. I don't know why they won't switch laughton and jvr.

jvr-hayes-farabee
    Yeah...but JVR has been dreadful. Like really, really bad.

Castan you starting to come around on Laughton at all, lol?

jvr-hayes-farabee
    I think that Laughton showed today why he belongs on the third line. Hayes' scoring drought ending seems to have coincided with Laughton's return. The Flyers will have some tough decisions this offseason with who to protect from the expansion draft. Laughton is one of the guys they need to protect.
    Last edited by jc27; Yesterday at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    I think that Laughton showed today why he belongs on the third line. Hayes' scoring drought ending seems to have coincided with Laughton's return. The Flyers will have some tough decisions this offseason with who to protect from the expansion draft. Laughton is one of the guys they need to protect.
    Well, it really depends on a lot of other factors. If they don't move a defenseman, then I think the Flyers can more or less just sit tight and protect:

Giroux (NMC)
    Hayes (NMC)
    Couturier
    Konecny
    Lindblom
    Patrick (maybe)
    Voracek (maybe)

Provorov
    Sanheim
    Myers

Hart

Not Elibible To Be Taken:
    Frost
    Farabee
    York
    Ratcliffe
    Brink
    Sandstrom

Leaving the following exposed
    JVR
    Pitlick (if resigned)
    Laughton (maybe)
    Ghost
    Elliott (if resigned)
    Niskanen (if resigned)
    Rubtsov
    Raffl (if resigned)
    Vorobyev

In an ideal world, we'd trade Ghost for a stud winger, replace him with York, then we could easily just let whatever happens, happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Castan you starting to come around on Laughton at all, lol?
    Meh ... 3rd goal ... hes a 4th center and Im still very ok with replacing him.

i'm pretty sure the expansion draft isn't happening until june 2021, so tough decisions won't be forced for another 18 months.

also, i'd guess that voracek and ghost will be gone well before they'd need to be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i'm pretty sure the expansion draft isn't happening until june 2021, so tough decisions won't be forced for another 18 months.

also, i'd guess that voracek and ghost will be gone well before they'd need to be protected.
    Yup. I'm not sure if they'll move Voracek, to be honest. I do think if Jake has a 70-80 point season this year, it makes all the sense in the world to move him. He'll be 30 on a 4-year, $8M deal (which is better than most FAs want).

Ghost I could see being moved in summer 2020, depending on his performance this season.

jvr-hayes-farabee
    Well, Laugton has 6 pts in 8 since returning with all 6 of those in the last 6 games. No reason to mess with that line right now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345