Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Didn't see the game, why do Laughton only have 8 shifts?
    He is mediocre

Just read Laughton & Pitlick injured too.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Didn't see the game, why do Laughton only have 8 shifts?
    laughton and pitlick were injured from the start of the 2nd period. Once they went down it was full scramble mode and lines were all messed up. That just seemed to take the wind out of the flyers after all the oskar news. Really, the wild should've murdered us with all that was going on and having 3 ahl players play regular minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    He is mediocre
    all 4th line players are. youre acting like guys like laughton are the reason we are mediocre. Its the big boys.

it been the biggest probelm so far probably. Without the lindblom-couts-tk line, we would've been in trouble offensively. It was the only reason the pp was even scoring. The numbers of the pp looked decent only because of the 2nd pp and they thought it wasn't necessary to have giroux and voracek swtich, even though they haven't done a thing on it. provorov, niskanen, and ghost have 21 stp. Giroux, voracek, jvr have only 17.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    all 4th line players are. youre acting like guys like laughton are the reason we are mediocre. Its the big boys.

it been the biggest probelm so far probably. Without the lindblom-couts-tk line, we would've been in trouble offensively. It was the only reason the pp was even scoring. The numbers of the pp looked decent only because of the 2nd pp and they thought it wasn't necessary to have giroux and voracek swtich, even though they haven't done a thing on it. provorov, niskanen, and ghost have 21 stp. Giroux, voracek, jvr have only 17.
    Laughton is fine -- he's a good bottom 6 player. That's it & that's fine.

JVR, Jake, Hayes, etc. all need to be better.

can you imagine if we got someone else besides patrick? This absolutely sucks man. Obviously pettersson would've been ideal but even if we got makar or heiskanen it would've been 100X better. hell, necas and suzuki are playing great right now and can possibly leap frog patrick in points soon.

Just imagine this defense

provorov-heiskanen
    sanheim-niskanen
    ghost-myers

provorov-makar
    sanheim-niskanen
    ghost-myers

We easily would've traded ghost for top 6 help and been more than fine.

g-couts-tk
    lindblom-petterson-voracek

YIKES

we went from these lines:

g-frost-tk
    lindblom-couts-voracek
    laughton-hayes-farabee
    jvr-raffl-pitlick

to

g-couts-voracek
    twarynski-hayes-farabee
    jvr-frost-nak
    kase-voro-stewart

We need to make a big move, Lindblom might not come back next year either. Top 6 wing required. We should part with multiple 1st round picks. We need a top flight LW, preferably with speed.

Accountability is a great name for this thread. Our veterans suck, not really but you get it. With our injuries, G, JVR, Jake, and Hayes need to step up and they continue to disappear. I'm not panicking but without Lindblom, Konecny, and Patrick they are probably gonna have to start thinking about trades cause we are going to start to slip in the standings in a hurry.

We need to make a big move, Lindblom might not come back next year either. Top 6 wing required. We should part with multiple 1st round picks. We need a top flight LW, preferably with speed.
    ehlers

this is gonna be an ugly stretch down as many bodies as we are

i would trade everyone on the team not named hart, provorov, giroux, hart, couts for connor. Yes, I would trade tk for connor

i would trade everyone on the team not named hart, provorov, giroux, hart, couts for connor. Yes, I would trade tk for connor
    I think Laine could be had from Peg ... down year, wants 11m+ cap hit.

Patrick (Brandon product would sell in his “home”), Sanheim, and Frost + 2 1sts ... id probably do that.

They would probably have to take Voracek for the money to work.
    Last edited by castan_b; 12-16-2019 at 09:31 AM.

I think Laine could be had from Peg ... down year, wants 11m+ cap hit.

Patrick (Brandon product would sell in his “home”), Sanheim, and Frost + 2 1sts ... id probably do that.

They would probably have to take Voracek for the money to work.
    the only issue i have with trading a defender is that hagg would then be a full time nhler

the only issue i have with trading a defender is that hagg would then be a full time nhler
    Sacrifices need to be made, also, we are losing one of the young guns or ghost at expansion anyway

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast