Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 205
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,387
    "this is where i get concerned if I am the flyers. How does this team get better? Before one could hang their hat on Frost and Farabee being called up. But they are up. There is no one to call up. This roster is not good enough and all those years of having the best prospects well they are all up now and we still aren't good enough. The only hope this team has is if Nolan Patrick comes back and becomes our number 1 center."

    "I dont disagree in principle, but there are still so many variables.
    -Defense is still real young. The rebuild/retool took forever but people forget that
    Provorov is looking like a star at 21. Sanheim I had hoped would have flashed more but im still high on him.
    Their potential hasnt even been scratched.
    -Hart looks legit so we're straight there.
    -Forwards are the real issue. Couturier is just entering his prime so the 1C spot is pretty much locked down.
    All the vets besides Giroux are underwhelming. JvR isnt a pigeon anymore, he's too fat. He's become an albatross.
    Voracek is still solid but not elite. Hayes is overpaid depth basically.
    -Konecny is the only one of the young forwards that really excites me.
    Even if Patrick was healthy i dont think he's a star.
    All the others seem more towards "good" than "great" on the spectrum but hockey development can be random.
    -Trades will occur. Some guys will breeze past projections, some will fall short."

    lot of these points are very valid. The young pieces we have always talked about are up. Not really much else we can call up to make us better right now. Pieces are still missing in this lineup. idk what they can do. hopefully fletcher can dangle jvr for something

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,042
    lot of these points are very valid. The young pieces we have always talked about are up. Not really much else we can call up to make us better right now. Pieces are still missing in this lineup. idk what they can do. hopefully fletcher can dangle jvr for something
    a few things:

    -- even with last night's loss, the flyers are on pace for 103 points.

    -- the PK is in the top 5 (up from 26th last year).

    -- the team is only allowing 2.7 goals against per game (down from 3.5 GA per game last year).

    -- the two leading goal scorers are 22 and 23 years old, and both have taken huge steps forward this year.

    -- the 23 year old #1D is playing like a legit #1D.

    -- the 21 year old future superstar goalie hasn't been completely ruined (yet) ... unlike every other future superstar goalie we've had for the last 40 years.



    that being said, there are 5 questions that will determine the outlook for this team over the next 18 months:

    1: jvr ?
    2: voracek ?
    3: ghost ?
    4: patrick ?
    5: farabee, frost, brink, ratcliffe, rubtsov, obrien ... ?


    i assume that some of the answers will come in the form of trades, but right now, i think there's more cause for optimism than pessimism ... even though i tend to lean more towards the pessimistic end, personally.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,387
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    a few things:

    -- even with last night's loss, the flyers are on pace for 103 points.

    -- the PK is in the top 5 (up from 26th last year).

    -- the team is only allowing 2.7 goals against per game (down from 3.5 GA per game last year).

    -- the two leading goal scorers are 22 and 23 years old, and both have taken huge steps forward this year.

    -- the 23 year old #1D is playing like a legit #1D.

    -- the 21 year old future superstar goalie hasn't been completely ruined (yet) ... unlike every other future superstar goalie we've had for the last 40 years.



    that being said, there are 5 questions that will determine the outlook for this team over the next 18 months:

    1: jvr ?
    2: voracek ?
    3: ghost ?
    4: patrick ?
    5: farabee, frost, brink, ratcliffe, rubtsov, obrien ... ?


    i assume that some of the answers will come in the form of trades, but right now, i think there's more cause for optimism than pessimism ... even though i tend to lean more towards the pessimistic end, personally.
    i am in between the optomism and pessimism. At one end, I think we have enough to make some noise but not enough to take on boston, washington, avs, tampa, blues in 7 games. We need something. JVR has been so useless and even if he picks it up i still really hate the signing.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,118
    Unfortunately Lindblom is done for the year and maybe his career. Hopefully he beats this.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,387
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Unfortunately Lindblom is done for the year and maybe his career. Hopefully he beats this.
    terrible news for him. Hopefully he can kick it in the ***. Just awful news for him. so young, was having a great start, becoming an rfa. F cancer

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,848
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    terrible news for him. Hopefully he can kick it in the ***. Just awful news for him. so young, was having a great start, becoming an rfa. F cancer
    That's unbelievably sad news -- talk about **** luck. T&P for Oskar.

    That also leaves a....Giroux-sized hole on Couturier's wing?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,147
    Extremely sad. Lindblom was always my horse ... hope they caught it early enough. Thank god we have UPenn. One of the best hospitals in the world.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,561
    At this point who do we trade for? We are running out of options in the minors. What do we have to offer to get a winger? What is the update on Nolan, now would be a good time for him to come back. Really really miss Raffl now. I'd guess Laughton moves up or someone gets called up.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,339
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Extremely sad. Lindblom was always my horse ... hope they caught it early enough. Thank god we have UPenn. One of the best hospitals in the world.
    Ewings is one of the scarier cancers too, super rare in adults. Really praying they caught it early enough with all the testing they do with these guys. Really praying it hasn't metastasized. Just crazy...

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,387
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    At this point who do we trade for? We are running out of options in the minors. What do we have to offer to get a winger? What is the update on Nolan, now would be a good time for him to come back. Really really miss Raffl now. I'd guess Laughton moves up or someone gets called up.
    you absolutely have to split up the g-couts-voracek line now. Our depth is the reason we have done so well so far. Really need patrick, raffl, and tk back asap now or things will get ugly.

    I would go:

    g-couts-twarynski
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    laughton-frost-voracek
    kase-voro-pitlick

    honeslty i have no idea.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,636
    Ghost and braun have been pretty awful tonight... the only time we look good is when couts/prov are playing... couts is hitting everyone lol

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,636
    prov with the speed and sick move... wow

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,387
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Ghost and braun have been pretty awful tonight... the only time we look good is when couts/prov are playing... couts is hitting everyone lol
    ghost has been one of the best flyers the past few games dude. Provorov and myers with stupid stupid turnovers. With all that, minny still couldn't pound us when we were playing awful hockey. If we had a healthy team, we easily would've won. Minnesota was not great tonight at all with all the terrible lines/hockey we played.

    Back to being mediocre unless pitlick, tk, laughton, patrick come back soon. We are going to lose tomorrow and will have to play 3 ahl players and one player who doesn't even belong in north america (stewart). Awful time to have 6 nhl regulars out on a tough road trip. Metro keeps winning and we will fall like crazy if guys don't come back soon.

    Also the powerplay is absolutely garbage.

    Alexander Appleyard
    @avappleyard

    @NHLFlyers
    Couturier, Voracek and van Riemsdyk are all actually scoring at the same/higher rate as they were last season at 5v5... (all 1st line level so far 5v5)

    yet all heading for lower point totals JUST because of the #Flyers PP, which has simply been awful. #Flyers



    After tonights game the
    @NHLFlyers
    PP is at:

    5.09 ExGF/60.

    That is 31/31 in the
    @NHL
    this season.

    They have NEVER been outside the top 10 in this stat since it began being recorded in 2006-07.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,636
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ghost has been one of the best flyers the past few games dude. Provorov and myers with stupid stupid turnovers. With all that, minny still couldn't pound us when we were playing awful hockey. If we had a healthy team, we easily would've won. Minnesota was not great tonight at all with all the terrible lines/hockey we played.

    Back to being mediocre unless pitlick, tk, laughton, patrick come back soon. We are going to lose tomorrow and will have to play 3 ahl players and one player who doesn't even belong in north america (stewart). Awful time to have 6 nhl regulars out on a tough road trip. Metro keeps winning and we will fall like crazy if guys don't come back soon.

    Also the powerplay is absolutely garbage.

    Alexander Appleyard
    @avappleyard

    @NHLFlyers
    Couturier, Voracek and van Riemsdyk are all actually scoring at the same/higher rate as they were last season at 5v5... (all 1st line level so far 5v5)

    yet all heading for lower point totals JUST because of the #Flyers PP, which has simply been awful. #Flyers



    After tonights game the
    @NHLFlyers
    PP is at:

    5.09 ExGF/60.

    That is 31/31 in the
    @NHL
    this season.

    They have NEVER been outside the top 10 in this stat since it began being recorded in 2006-07.
    did you misread my post? when did i say ghost was bad the last few games? tonight he def wasnt.


    as for the rest... couts is a flat out god... i wish the rest of us played with the mentality he has. You are correct that minn was even that great tonight... our defense blew on the first 2 goals and our offense missed open nets like 9 times

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,561
    Didn't see the game, why do Laughton only have 8 shifts?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •