Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Reddit/post game crew and on down the list is destroying ghost but somehow someway he is still good right? how many times can we legit watch him be trash and excuse it because of coaching/system etc? HE ISNT GOOD holy crap

Prov has literally taken over as our go to PP guy and he was forced to the right wall by ghost who then loses possession PER USUAL... the dude is legit trash holy ****. Get him off this team now before his stock is so low we get nothing
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-03-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Reddit/post game crew and on down the list is destroying ghost but somehow someway he is still good right? how many times can we legit watch him be trash and excuse it because of coaching/system etc? HE ISNT GOOD holy crap

Prov has literally taken over as our go to PP guy and he was forced to the right wall by ghost who then loses possession PER USUAL... the dude is legit trash holy ****. Get him off this team now before his stock is so low we get nothing
    There are bigger problems on this team than the 5D who scores 40-50 points.

You can't blame this ******** on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post

You can't blame this ******** on him.
    Yah, just ignore it at this point. I donít know what he wants from ghost ... sure, he is having a down year; but is one of 3 Flyers defensemen to be voted in the top 20 for the Norris trophy twice (or more) since 1998 ... the other two are guys we all may have heard of ... Chris Pronger and Eric Desjardins ... Kimo didnít even finish with two top 20 Norris vote seasons while he was here in his amazing career. FFS - appreciate ghost people.

Oh we're still doing this with Ghost? Sure trade him for a 7th round pick while we're at it. Absolutely ridiculous that we even have to defend Ghost when there are as many things going wrong we there are. This team is so damn frustrating bc when they're good they look like they can beat anyone in the league. When they're bad, they don't evenook like they belong in the NHL. I just don't even know what to say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Oh we're still doing this with Ghost? Sure trade him for a 7th round pick while we're at it. Absolutely ridiculous that we even have to defend Ghost when there are as many things going wrong we there are. This team is so damn frustrating bc when they're good they look like they can beat anyone in the league. When they're bad, they don't evenook like they belong in the NHL. I just don't even know what to say anymore.
    Lindblom getting cancer is probably tougher than we understand, honestly. 23 years old, was 1st or 2nd in goals at the time on the team, PP2 and top 6 wing ... itís a huge loss ... and he might not ever come back, hell, fighting for his life is #1 priority ... poor kid. Still canít imagine what he is going through.

Chuck is at a huge juncture but he can for sure wait until expansion, which means another season of this bologna ... however, as I said in a response post to one of Steagles anti-Voracek posts ... it is time, Iíve seen enough, I know this older core (including G if someone pays a premium) all needs to go and they donít have a real cup run in them, we canít beat Washington or Tampa in a 7 game series or a bunch of western conference teams. G can stay as the elder statesmen if one of those 3 stays ... but this is Couturierís team now and we need to rebuild fully around him.

We need to move JVR and Voracek, minimally, by the time expansion comes around to pay Sanheim, Patty (if he isnít traded), and get a big time, young, goal scoring, speed machine.

If Iím Chuck, I do everything in my power to get Laine from Winnipeg then pay him 11m/year.

2 1sts, JVR, and Frost or Farabee for Laine ... just get it done

Trade Voracek to Colorado for a 1st back and PEB ... Colorado has like 15m in available cap space, Iím sure we can figure something out there ...

We need to hit on a stud center or wing in the draft sooner than later because Frost and Farabee are nice middle 6 pieces ... but something has to give.

However, for the love of god, the defense is finally near perfect ... they are young, good combo of vets + have another 2 potential studs in the pipeline in Zamula and York ...

This lack luster offense and itís ďleadersĒ who show up every other game needs to change.

I'm not sure I would be so quick to tap out on Frost and Farabee as far as their upside goes. Also, I know that I am in the minority, but I still don't want to pay up for Laine. If we had close to the caliber of Couturier...maybe. Laine is good for one thing and one thing only, but you need to pair him with someone as great at Couturier to get the best out of him. You can't have Laine and Konecny on the same line, so they would need to find a better 2nd line center than Hayes or if Patrick ever comes around...

keep relying on that 1 season and ignore the majority of his career where ghost has been a huge issue for us.... totally legit... every other place on the planet on social media is destroying him except the same few here lol... yup... post game crew last night was sick of his lackluster performance and standing around... on here he is doing his job lol

lets look at fantasy hockey today

Shayne Gostisbehere is Projected to Be the #66 Defenseman the Rest of the Season...Behind Alex Goligoski and Ahead of Miro Heiskanen

they are basically calling him overrated.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...ling-to-score/

system/coaching/league/trump amirite?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-04-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    keep relying on that 1 season and ignore the majority of his career where ghost has been a huge issue for us.... totally legit... every other place on the planet on social media is destroying him except the same few here lol... yup... post game crew last night was sick of his lackluster performance and standing around... on here he is doing his job lol

lets look at fantasy hockey today

Shayne Gostisbehere is Projected to Be the #66 Defenseman the Rest of the Season...Behind Alex Goligoski and Ahead of Miro Heiskanen

they are basically calling him overrated.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...ling-to-score/

system/coaching/league/trump amirite?
    His rookie year (2015), 2016, and 2018 he was a stud. That is 3. My god. Just stop

In other news. Zamula is a stud. Iíve watched every Russia world jr. game and it is shocking he wasnít drafted. Another Hexy gem like Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    His rookie year (2015), 2016, and 2018 he was a stud. That is 3. My god. Just stop

In other news. Zamula is a stud. Iíve watched every Russia world jr. game and it is shocking he wasnít drafted. Another Hexy gem like Myers.
    It really is a shame that we couldn't keep Hextall around to draft....I honestly think he's a perfect Director of Scouting (or who cares). When you have a guy who can consistently find potential top-6 F/top-4 D talent in the 5th/6th/7th/UD space, that's a HUGE value add in any league, especially a capped league with a long RFA period.

Lindblom
    Myers
    Zamula

In 5 years. That's damn good.

It really is a shame that we couldn't keep Hextall around to draft....I honestly think he's a perfect Director of Scouting (or who cares). When you have a guy who can consistently find potential top-6 F/top-4 D talent in the 5th/6th/7th/UD space, that's a HUGE value add in any league, especially a capped league with a long RFA period.

Lindblom
    Myers
    Zamula

In 5 years. That's damn good.
    if myers and zamula come close to hitting their upside, that's truly outstanding work by hextall.

it's a shame he didn't have so sharp an eye for any of his other responsibilities.
    ghost is on pace for 24 points this year. sure, we may have bigger problems than him, but if he returns to form, that solves a few of those bigger problems.
    i don't think you can dismiss the concerns about ghost for now. he doesn't look like the old ghost; he doesn't have the explosive quickness that let him do what he did in 16/18.

without his explosiveness, what does he contribute that's of positive value?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314