Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Zamula looks to be the real deal, and way closer to NHL ready than York ... that York pick doesnít look great right now

Caufield, Krebs, Poulin, Foote, Kaliyev, and Hoglander all seem to have been a better choice (including the 2nd round pick staying or changing from Brink) with a talent like Zamula waiting in the wings ... pretty frustrating that we could have taken Caufield and Hoglander instead of York and Brink ... or Kaliyev and Hoglander

Kaliyev has been one of the USAís best players this tournament, York is barely getting ice time.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Zamula looks to be the real deal, and way closer to NHL ready than York ... that York pick doesnít look great right now

Caufield, Krebs, Poulin, Foote, Kaliyev, and Hoglander all seem to have been a better choice (including the 2nd round pick staying or changing from Brink) with a talent like Zamula waiting in the wings ... pretty frustrating that we could have taken Caufield and Hoglander instead of York and Brink ... or Kaliyev and Hoglander

Kaliyev has been one of the USAís best players this tournament, York is barely getting ice time.
    I agree that caufeild was the pick, but Calm down. York is the only 18 year old on the blueline. These international teams have way too many politics involved. He was never expected to contribute this season, however he's expected to be their leader on the back-end a year from now.

eh, it's fine.

drafting york was always a long-term play, and his development so far seems like it's on curve.
    We canít do this via FA ... Iím tired of making the bottom of the lineup better ... we need an elite talent on this team to make the flyers more than a ď4th teamĒ draw ... the Phillies, Eagles, and Sixers are all way more popular than the flyers and that is because of the lack of elite athlete on the team ... there just isnít that much to talk about right now.
    i'm just happy the bottom of our lineup doesn't have 3 of the worst players in the league anymore.
    Iím generally pleased with this team, but I am in favor of a big splash trade for a big name ... Laine, Connor, Ehlers all come to mind because we have defense and Peg needs that ... we need and elite scorer with speed ...
    jg pageau is fast, and he (somehow) has 18 goals this year.
    pk subban is probably available.

but personally, i'd lean towards selling at the trade deadline, rather than buying. if we can move JVR and voracek, that clears 15MM in cap space going forward and it'd make our forward corps younger and faster. plus, it'd create a lineup spot we could use on someone like galchenyuk this summer, you know, for ***** and giggles.

also, if SJS is going into the tank, evander kane would tick a lot of boxes for us. he's a pure sniper who'd give us a boost in speed and physicality, and he should have plenty of life left in his legs since he's only 28. plus his contract is almost decent.

So why do we hang Hart out to dry every road game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    i would have started elliot tonight tbh... hart is still young and this wasnt on him but 6 days off i felt like it was gonna go down hill.

We still arenít more than a 1st or 2nd round exit playoff team ... this is what they do. But at least we are a playoff team again? I just hope this doesnít become our identity, ďgood enough and hope we get incrementally better via FAĒ

Lack of high end talent on display again.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    also, if SJS is going into the tank, evander kane would tick a lot of boxes for us. he's a pure sniper who'd give us a boost in speed and physicality, and he should have plenty of life left in his legs since he's only 28. plus his contract is almost decent.
    E. Kane isnít high end talent enough.

Lack of high end talent on display again.
    I don't think that's correct -- Giroux was flying around and single- handedly created 5-6 HDSCs in the first two periods, but no one finished them.

We need a damn goal scorer.

E. Kane isnít high end talent enough.
    If there was ever a time to take a shot, I'd still look at Puljujarvi from EDM. Could probably be had for a third & bottom-6 NHLer (NAK, Voro, Andreoff).

Also: why in the world did we pass of Caufield? Dear lord Fletcher.

Brink looks good. Caufield looks brilliant.

I don't think that's correct -- Giroux was flying around and single- handedly created 5-6 HDSCs in the first two periods, but no one finished them.

We need a damn goal scorer.
    Yes. That is what I meant by lack of high end talent. I meant elite goal scoring talent. We have lots of guys who can generate 60 assists. Only have couturier and TK who can score 30 (TK I think can, but hasnít yet ... same for Lindblom but he might never be back) ... maybe Hayes can but that isnít his hallmark game. I want a 45+ scorer who can put up 90 points, year in and year out.
    Last edited by castan_b; 12-29-2019 at 01:14 PM.

If there was ever a time to take a shot, I'd still look at Puljujarvi from EDM. Could probably be had for a third & bottom-6 NHLer (NAK, Voro, Andreoff).

Also: why in the world did we pass of Caufield? Dear lord Fletcher.

Brink looks good. Caufield looks brilliant.
    Huge mistake of not taking Caufield. Means they didnít know what they had in Zamula ... Zamula likely makes the flyers next year ... York spends the year in college again, then another year in the AHL ...

Classic case of think ď2 is better than 1Ē ... itís like when the eagles traded down and grabbed another pick that is Sydney Jones ... hate that strategy. Love trading back up, hate trading down and nabbing two picks for the price of your higher one. Itís watering down the talent.

Brink seems OK ... hope he isnít another NAK, which he very well could be. Not picking Caufield is stupid.

I was ďhotĒ on Hoglander too. We need someone with flash, speed, moves to put the defense always on their heels and thinking about different things. Iím a bit underwhelmed at Frostís lack of flash. Itís like we are taking all the creativity out of players through our coaching and development system. We need to stop doing that. We need to build around the creativity, like Baltimore did with Lamar Jackson.
    Last edited by castan_b; 12-29-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Zamula is so good. Anyone watching USA vs Russia?

Kaliyev opens the scoring.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast