View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England

0 0%
  • Houston

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

SNF Week 13: New England Patriots (11-1) @ Houston Texans (7-4)

Week 12

vs

Date: Sunday, November 1st, 8:20 PM EST
    TV: NBC

(2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Texans by 10.

If this team flu thing is really serious this game will be close, probably leaning Texans. If a bunch of Patriots are out there with 50% effort due to the flu theyíll play slow.

Assuming that isnít the case, Patriots by 10. Maybe more. Isaiah Wynn was a ridiculous upgrade over Newhouse last week, the weather just made it difficult to do much. So many drops from the WRís. Brady is still slinging as strong as ever, and with good weather + Wynn, I think the offense should finally do something.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    If this team flu thing is really serious this game will be close, probably leaning Texans. If a bunch of Patriots are out there with 50% effort due to the flu theyíll play slow.

Assuming that isnít the case, Patriots by 10. Maybe more. Isaiah Wynn was a ridiculous upgrade over Newhouse last week, the weather just made it difficult to do much. So many drops from the WRís. Brady is still slinging as strong as ever, and with good weather + Wynn, I think the offense should finally do something.
    Brady looks awful lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Brady looks awful lol.
    Uhh, what? Physically he looks as good as he ever has. The arm is still there. The revolving door of WRís, bad o-line, and non-existent running game (until last week!) are all reasons for the stats being down. His WRís canít get any separation. Edelman has been playing injured for weeks. Theyíre absolutely grinding through games. Watch the games lol.

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1...256398848?s=21

Brady looks awful lol.
    This. The reason they're 10-1 is their defense, not Tom.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 11-30-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Uhh, what? Physically he looks as good as he ever has. The arm is still there. The revolving door of WRís, bad o-line, and non-existent running game (until last week!) are all reasons for the stats being down. His WRís canít get any separation. Edelman has been playing injured for weeks. Theyíre absolutely grinding through games. Watch the games lol.

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1...256398848?s=21
    I do.

Edelman has been their best QB.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This. The reason they're 10-1 is their defense, not Tom.
    This, and schedule.

I havenít seen any noticeable deterioration of skills in Brady really. Heís still able to maneuver within the pocket like he always has. I donít see him unable to throw to certain parts of the field. Iím sure his straight line speed is down and I bet the velocity on his throws probably is too - just common sense with his age. But itís nothing that I see manifesting itself in any huge way on the field. Each game I see him make impressive moves within the pocket. Each game I see him make impressive throws into tight windows. Thereís no physical trait that I can pinpoint that he looks different from last year or the year before to me.

Thatís not to say heís playing well. Playing well is more than physical traits. I think heís playing poorly but because of bad rhythm and timing. Right now he looks to me like a QB thatís struggling to understand defensive concepts and struggling to understand what routes his receivers are running. He looks confused on the field and dejected after the games. Itís like heís mentally fried. If heís declined from recent years itís probably mental burnout more than physical. Thatís why I buy into the talk that he wants to leave. You have BB who is a demanding coach. Rather than catering to him the way other teams do top QBs they constantly turn the roster over on him, both in the offseason and even during the season. I think heís just mentally shot and needs a fresh start to be excited about.

On the right side, there is roster reinforcement coming. Itís probably the first time since 2006 he has a ďbadĒ group of receiving threats and that year he at least had a good OL and quality backs. The backs are still good IMO but thatís moot with no blocking. This has been a bad offense once you take out the QB spot.

The worst player has been LT Marshall Newhouse. And the second worst has arguable been RT Marcus Cannon tbh. Newhouse was a street FA replacing Isaiah Wynn. Wynn has only played 2.5 games as a 1st rounder but heís looking good. When heís in there that allows them to help Cannon on the other side, who seems to be declining as he gets older. It makes a big difference to turn your weak link on the OL to someone who, to this point in his career, is someone thatís actually an asset and affords you the opportunity to help others. I thought there was big improvement in the OL play last week with him back.

You also look at receiver. Sanu hasnít played a lot but you saw big impact on the BAL game when he did. Obviously NE got blown out but letís not forget that in the second half they were marching down the field for a second half go ahead score until BAL got a fumble for 6 from the red zone. And that was mostly on the back of Sanu. Heís a great fit. I think heís just a ďmehĒ player and NE way overpaid but improvement is relative. Heís much better than what they have had and Brady seems to like him more.

They also got 1st rounder Harry back at WR. He had his first TD on a back shoulder throw last week. Not expecting him to be a major weapon but he does add a red zone skill threat they donít have. I can see hike helping turn a field goal or two down the stretch into a TD and maybe thatís the difference in a game.

You also look at the TE spot. Ben Watson is easily their best option. But they cut him after his 4 game suspension then brought him back. It takes some time to get into game shape and he seems there. Still a bad unit but their TE play is at least the best itís been all season now IMO.

Itís not that any of those individually are season changing but itís marginal improvement across the whole roster. I donít belive NE can beat Baltimore because the defense wonít be able to match up well enough it the running game. I see the game going more like the way last game went after the initial 14 point blitz where NE got smashed, but even the rest of the game it wasnít good enough. Our offense wonít be able to keep up. But against any other team Iím confident NEís defense will hold them down and the offense can do enough to win.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I do.

Edelman has been their best QB.
    You clearly donít haha. Physically heís the same QB, any difference you see is circumstantial.

You clearly donít haha. Physically heís the same QB, any difference you see is circumstantial.
    He looked like crap against the vaunted eagles D. Looked worse against Dallas. Heís benefiting from a great D and a JV schedule.

This, and schedule.
    Yup

He looked like crap against the vaunted eagles D. Looked worse against Dallas. Heís benefiting from a great D and a JV schedule.
    Marshall Newhouse was arguably the worst starting LT in the league during his time here. Thuney to his right and Brady getting the ball out quick were the only things saving him from historically bad statistics.

There was no less than 6 drops from the WRís where it hit them directly in the hands during the Dallas game. No pocket QB was going to be able to move the ball effectively in that. Look at Dak too.

If you canít watch the games and see that Brady is still the same physically as last year, Iím not really sure why youíre posting on a football forum.

If you canít watch the games and see that Brady is still the same physically as last year, Iím not really sure why youíre posting on a football forum.
    Itís weird, only pats fans think Brady is playing well. Weird.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast