Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Mavs @ Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Are you gonna attack yourself if the lakers win on Christmas Day
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    adapt? he was never a starter. His head is getting to big thinking hes a starter and star third option. Taking about AD Lebron has been helping him deal with it.
    He started around 40 games or so last year. Soooo.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    he's the kind of player who comes out gunnin' quick. If he makes his first couple of shots, he's gonna have a big night. This'll take pressure off of LBJ and AD, which gives them more energy to concentrate on other aspects of the game.

Also, if he gets warmed up properly, he'll be more likely to serve in the clutch.

It's funny but most people are okay with him being in at the end of games. Are they implying that defense is not important at that juncture? Laughable
    Sooo what position do you want him to guard out there in the starting lineup? If AD plays the 5 then he can be the 4, which is what has happened to close out games sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    That was the plan when the season started. Kuz is like Odom and Ginobili players who don't start games, but finishes them like 6th men do.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    I swear if we lose Christmas Day Iím gonna create a shitstorm and attack each and everyone one of you not named GrratnessOne. Because right now he the only exempt one.

You other posters ... man, you ainít what I once knew you guys to be. You guys have gone damn soft after 6 years of losing !!!

Grow some balls! Know that we always look at our competition and call out our own Lakers when **** was real! Get back to your TS roots dammit all of you!!!!
    This isolationism will get you banned. And stop talking about being tough. No idea what that really means. Have a drink and cool off bro.

A day later and I'm not seeing any explanation - or even a plausible excuse - for yesterday's collapse at the start of the 3rd quarter.

That may be good news, because it may mean the Lakers just came out soft and got rolled, which will happen against even a bad team in the NBA. So the loss would be a wake-up call, and hopefully we'll see a response tomorrow and the next night.

The concern is that the Mavs found something that worked on defense, and other teams will start replicating that model.

In any case, we need to control pace, and that starts with LeBron. He can't bully his way to wins against the best teams any more. Is he as smart as I believe he is, and can he up his strategic and tactical game, or is he just going to keep leaning on physical skills that are already in decline?

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    A day later and I'm not seeing any explanation - or even a plausible excuse - for yesterday's collapse at the start of the 3rd quarter.

That may be good news, because it may mean the Lakers just came out soft and got rolled, which will happen against even a bad team in the NBA. So the loss would be a wake-up call, and hopefully we'll see a response tomorrow and the next night.

The concern is that the Mavs found something that worked on defense, and other teams will start replicating that model.

In any case, we need to control pace, and that starts with LeBron. He can't bully his way to wins against the best teams any more. Is he as smart as I believe he is, and can he up his strategic and tactical game, or is he just going to keep leaning on physical skills that are already in decline?
    Lakers were down to a number of teams but fought back. Dallas were able to weather it this time they have the #1 offense.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    He started around 40 games or so last year. Soooo.
    dang he started 68 games.

Sure would be great *cough* if there was a *cough* game thread *cough* for tomorrow's game.

Was t the start of the 4th... because we made a 10-0 run to cut it to 67-70.... thatís when the collapse happened about the 7m mark in the 3rd qtr..

I saw too many guys just jogging, trotting up and down the court with no hustle, energy and drive..

Sure would be great *cough* if there was a *cough* game thread *cough* for tomorrow's game.

Lmfao everyone is scuuuuurrreedd... idgaf, Iíll do it when. I get home

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Was t the start of the 4th... because we made a 10-0 run to cut it to 67-70.... thatís when the collapse happened about the 7m mark in the 3rd qtr..
    I see what you're saying, but it was 59-62 Lakers at the beginning of the 3rd.

At the 5:38 mark in the 3rd (your 7-minute mark) it was 77-67 Mavs -- an 18 to 5 run, for a 13-point swing.

The Lakers don't score again until the 3:26 mark in the third (the first of two Caruso bombs), at which point it's 87-70 Mavs for a 17-point lead and a 20-point swing.

And I still can't explain why the offense completely fell off a cliff, but it did.

The Lakers 'only' gave up 35 in that quarter, after giving up 34 in the 2nd, but the offense just died. So was that something the Mavs did, or did we just go cold at a bad time?

We did fight back for a moment to get it to ten, but then zap! Right back to a 20-point beatdown....

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast