Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Bray Wyatt

Bray Wyatt

bray wyatt is the best on the mic and now has the GOAT persona ever... with taker and kane and even black and white sting we got the power/dominance/mystery etc like the fiend has but all of those characters never had the level that the bray wyatt fun house non fiend has... we get the undertaker and prime kane when he was bashing guys in the head with a wrench but we also get the fun house bray wyatt and the puppets and its glorious... we could be looking at the goat gimmick of all time.

i cant remember someone with a gimmick like this being this good in the ring and that insane on the mic and have levels that have not even been touched yet in the fun house... i really pray wwe doesnt screw this up because it gets better every week... bray wyatt on the mic and his reactions and his aura as the fiend is nuts. I really want them to do like a goldberg type win streak for the fiend and let him just dominate for a year plus and only lose maybe as fun house wyatt himself... let the fiend be insane and you can push him to the moon but more importantly you can bring another anti fiend type persona and maybe push that or push a guys career with finally ending the fiends streak etc.

Sounds like you bought one of those $6500 belts.

But seriously, he’s one of my favorites. I just wish they booked him like a big deal.

Meh. I'm not buying what the WWE and Bray Wyatt fans are selling. He's alright. He's just another stooge with a different look. But it's not Bray's fault that WWE is boring as hades.
    Screw sabermetics.

Admittedly, I haven't watched WWE programming in years, other than tuning in from time to time for big events like Wrestlemania. From what I have seen, the Fiend character seems really... lame. I actually thought "leather apron" Bray Wyatt was his best and WWE royally botched what should have been an awesome run in 2014. Wyatt should have scored the upset win over Cena at WM30. That would have done so much for his character at a time when Cena was nearing a point where he was going to be an infrequent participant moving forward.

My buddy and I have also talked at length about his championship run and both agreed that after winning it Wyatt should have shown up on Raw the very next night and burned or destroyed the belt, stating that he cared nothing about it, only wanted to hurt people, etc. WWE creative is so predictable these days and the talent is so water thin that the shows are just unwatchable. They've left countless dollars on the table because they just didn't have the ability to put a compelling show on.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 12-01-2019 at 01:52 AM.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Admittedly, I haven't watched WWE programming in years, other than tuning in from time to time for big events like Wrestlemania. From what I have seen, the Fiend character seems really... lame. I actually thought "leather apron" Bray Wyatt was his best and WWE royally botched what should have been an awesome run in 2014. Wyatt should have scored the upset win over Cena at WM30. That would have done so much for his character at a time when Cena was nearing a point where he was going to be an infrequent participant moving forward.

My buddy and I have also talked at length about his championship run and both agreed that after winning it Wyatt should have shown up on Raw the very next night and burned or destroyed the belt, stating that he cared nothing about it, only wanted to hurt people, etc. WWE creative is so predictable these days and the talent is so water thin that the shows are just unwatchable. They've left countless dollars on the table because they just didn't have the ability to put a compelling show on.
    and if he was just the fiend that would have been a good idea but the fun house guy is what makes his character amazing and why he shouldnt have done that and why he can stay champion for a long time. The fun house wyatt is the mvp of all of this and what makes him so much more special then the undertaker/sting/kane gimmicks. Those gimmicks all had 1 weakness and that was they were mostly always serious etc... undertaker had to evolve into the american badass just to keep the built because old school undertaker couldnt hold the belt and keep people interested over a lengthy time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    the talent is so water thin
    WWE's talent pool is the deepest they ever had. Bad shows are 100% caused by bad writing and Vince, not by a lack of talent.

Btw Imo he shouldn't have the title though. His gimmick doesn't need it and they should put other guys over feuding for the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Meh. I'm not buying what the WWE and Bray Wyatt fans are selling. He's alright. He's just another stooge with a different look. But it's not Bray's fault that WWE is boring as hades.
    I have to agree I love the character but seems like the WWE will squeeze as much out of him has they can and sooner or later the fans will get tired of him.

I have to give it up to Bray Wyatt and whoever else is working with him in development. No matter what he does, his character works. It's always unique, he always has something interesting to say, and he plays the part perfectly. Bray is one of the purest examples of talent shining through bad creative work.

However, the part that worries me about this gimmick is that The Fiend will get stale eventually. In 2019/2020, it'll probably happen sooner than later. Bray's in-ring work has improved, but he still isn't anything more than average as a worker. So that means he has to make up for it with his character. What worries me about The Fiend is that it's becoming the same schtick every week, and we're getting over-saturated with his alter ego. I don't even think The Fiend should be Bray's exclusive wrestling persona. Let the Firely Funhouse Bray get in the ring and let him take the lumps. The Fiend should be like Finn Balor's demon character - unstoppable because it's so rare and impossible to overcome when he appears. And he should have an entirely different move set. If WWE continues down this path of Firefly Funhouse Bray doing the promo work and The Fiend appearing almost every week, the character won't make it to SummerSlam. There's just not enough there to make this a multi-year thing.

I trust Bray to make whatever character he plays work to the fullest extent. I do not trust WWE to keep it fresh enough to matter in the long run.