Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    And we need a top 5 defense... Only way to beat Mahommes... Or we will be the Jets, Dolphins and Bills, Just looking up at the GOAT for the next 10 years... We need to do what those teams never did or we will become them..

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    it was 2 years ago lol. And that is why we brought in what you called 2nd hand DBs... The 2nd hand DBs are better then what we had.

We can't bring in 10 top starters from one draft and FA.. Not sure what your expecting. Might be a lil unrealistic.
    For the record, Hayden left 3 years ago. BTW....I'm not expecting too much when I say top half D. If you're waiting for top 5. you might need another 5 years. Who's being unrealistic? Right now we're not even top 20.

Lmao.... Someone put on twitter, Pro Athletes should be allowed to go to your job and Boo....You know you forgot to put the fries in the bag!! lol
    That guy putting fries in a bag and that doctor doing brain surgery are not in the entertainment industry like Pro-Athletes, they are in the service industry, they (pro athletes) are being paid to perform, when they do not, they get booed.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Lmao.... Someone put on twitter, Pro Athletes should be allowed to go to your job and Boo....You know you forgot to put the fries in the bag!! lol
    I donít have problem with that idea as long as check out workers get to have a free agency frenzy once a year where average unemployed checkout workers get to sign multi million dollar contracts somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    I donít have problem with that idea as long as check out workers get to have a free agency frenzy once a year where average unemployed checkout workers get to sign multi million dollar contracts somewhere.
    Sweet idea.

"...prone to stoogery.".

well, that is easy.... Instead of being a check out boy, be a doctor or lawyer... Start a business... Where you are wrong is, They are not entertainers, They are all business men, Football is their business... They are selling their bodies. It doesn't always go right, Im not against booing, Just some people are a bit unrealistic on what to expect from players.

I hate to say it, but thatís the problem with the sport, too much about entertainment as opposed to the game. Thatís why you see all these questionable and ****** *** calls being made on a weekly basis with no repercussions. The league no longer takes the sport seriously as long as the $$ keeps rolling in. Makes it more and more difficult for me to take it but so seriously and to be but so upset when players donít play well.

You know the old saying, ďYou could call a penalty on every play, if you wanted.Ē Yet some how a team can go an entire game without being penalized? Thatís clearly something thatís in the plans and the same could be said for NEís AFC championship victory over the Jags a few years back. That was some of the worse case of swallowing the whistle Iíve ever seen in my life. We all know thatís saying something considering Iím a Raiders fan and havenít missed a single game in over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    For the record, Hayden left 3 years ago. BTW....I'm not expecting too much when I say top half D. If you're waiting for top 5. you might need another 5 years. Who's being unrealistic? Right now we're not even top 20.
    My bad, But I never said it would happen in year 2, under this regime. Which I really say it's only been one year under Gruden. He did not have his guys, Or had the full preparation of scouting players with the first draft. You are the one that was complaining why they didn't draft the first 10 first rounders, And signed a bunch of 2nd hand players... I realize it takes time.. 5 years is a very good possibility and much more realistic. Thanks for supporting my point.

well, that is easy.... Instead of being a check out boy, be a doctor or lawyer... Start a business... Where you are wrong is, They are not entertainers, They are all business men, Football is their business... They are selling their bodies. It doesn't always go right, Im not against booing, Just some people are a bit unrealistic on what to expect from players.
    The business of entertainment, you both are on it to an extent.

Entertainment is not like groceries, healthcare or putting a roof over oneís head, itís not a necessity. Thereís a lot of competition for the dollars that we spend on entertainment, itís why pro sports struggles a bit in a large market like Socal, there are tons of options.

Boo the guy that gets my order wrong in the drive thru? Naw, I figure heís already miserable enough with his career choice...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Welp.... I think we can beat the Titans but unsure the morale of the team atm... if we lose, you can bet all hell will break loose.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Welp.... I think we can beat the Titans but unsure the morale of the team atm... if we lose, you can bet all hell will break loose.
    The way the Titans have been playing (and the way we've been playing), I'm afraid we're gonna get spanked again. Their D is jacked lately.

In fact, the way we've been playing, I think it will be a tall order to beat anyone left on the schedule, including Denver, who seem to have found their QB and whose D has come to life. (And it's gonna be cold in Denver, so forget about any offense). The Bolts in LA perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    All I want for Christmas is to finish above .500. We have to win the Titans game. The Raiders basically play 3 home games, if you count the Chargers game in LA, so "home cooking" shouldn't be a problem. They need to get it done.

Nope, i am not wrong, they ARE entertainers, pure and simple, there is so much money involved they have forgotten that. People pay to see them perform, to entertain them. Semantics, man that is the toy you are playing with brother. Think, was anyone happy during the strike season (Marcus Allen's rookie year) with the performance of those scrubs. No, not really. It was not entertaining. Mostly sucked with some massively inferior performances.

Let's say there is this stage actor on broadway, we will call him Jim, he is a bad actor, not emotive or convincing, doesn't project. He gets cast in the lead role of your favorite play. He is so bad he gets booed off the stage. Being a lover of that play, you go again, because you hope it will be better the second time. Nope. BOOOOO! You try a third time, suddenly this actor finds some Mojo or maybe they brought in a replacement and WOW what a performance, one to tell ol' Billy Shakespeare about. BRAVO! BRAVISIMO! You cheer! It's relatively the same thing. Sure the guy made some money, but it's entertainment and entertainers get paid in this day and age.

"...prone to stoogery.".

I usually buy 3 tickets around 300.00 each to take my two sons to a game. Pay around 50.00 for parking. Have 4 beers between us at about 20.00. Hot dogs and munchies another 60.00. So let's round up to 1100.00. So if there are any professional athletes out there who would like to give me 1100.00 to come boo me at work for a couple hours. I am so down with that!! Especially if they want to come in large groups . The more the merrier 1100.00 for every three athletes.

We better not **** the bed against the Titans. My coworker is from Tennessee and heís been talking ish all week.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast