Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Saw a lot of things in the kid that gives me hope. Outside of that 1st qtr there wasn't anything beyond meh, but it was refreshing to see what he did parallel with aggressive play calling. Looking forward to finishing the season out watching him play and hopefully progress.

What has frustrated me all year is Scangs though. The play calling in the 1st qtr was outstanding, then he just went into a shell for the rest of the game. We were successfully throwing mid to deep routes then everything went short to intermediate. He's a rookie also, so hoping he gets better. But this year's offensive play calling has been as mediocre as the the last couple years. It's frustrating.

Proud of that D. The secondary looked average at best but we were extremely short handed all night.
    Yeah and that's why I don't think we were able to see much from Lock after the first quarter...Scangs gets so conservative that it makes me want to pull my hair out. He needs a philosophical change and that's what scares me... That's a big change needed lol

Hey fellas!

Good stuff from Lock! Scangs need to let it rip with this kid! Im hoping we keep seeing improvement every week in Lock and play call!

Been gone for ahwile! I got a new phone and completely forgot about PSD. Sorry Bronco bros!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Best arm talent since Cutler. Boy, those were some easy lasers he was throwing out there. Now, if his head is on straight (unlike Cutler) and continues to give a damn (already better than Cutler)....we may just have something here.

He's a roller coaster alright...get used to that for a little bit. But, you know what? Roller coasters are meant to be fun. These next 4 games are all about his ability to adapt, learning, play-making.....and just plain fun.

His charisma is franchise type stuff and it doesn't look like he's the type to lose confidence easily. An offensive unit is completely different when you have a QB that, not only has talent, but has that confidence/leadership/swag...whatever you want to call "it" to boot. Other guys just naturally step up their game. That's the power of that.

Scangs is going to grow with Lock. This is the guy he was meant to coach... his system is going to run through this QB...it was meant to be that way. Mind you folks...Scangs is a FIRST year OC and he's already had to implement 3 QB's this season.

Maybe I'm wacko...but how are you going to chirp at a rookie OC for not "adapting his system to his players" when this is: 1) His first go round at doing this thing at an NFL level and 2) he is doing it for 3 QB's (a washed up vet, a journeyman backup QB, and now the prized rook).

This doesn't mean that Scangs goes without fault. He (and Fangio) are still showing they have a lot of room to grow....but this is going to take multiple seasons guys. Year 3 is probably where we'll see a complete unit out there..

A few notes....now that we have actual talent at the QB position (remains to be seen if it's QBOTF stuff)...you really do see just how much we're devoid of talent on offense. Just everything. OL/WR's/TE's...even a receiving RB.

We should really have Juwuann Winfree get some run for the rest of these games...just to see if we get a flux of possible talent. Sutton is clearly WR #1...but everyone else....need work.

Fant could use a running mate at TE. Huerman shows flashes...you just can't ever trust him. Austin Fort is a name to remember for next year...but I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another TE. I like Beck as the other blocking option..that's a nice niche for him.

Speaking of Fant, if this dude really wants to take it next level...the guy has GOT to significantly improve with contested catches and just generally tracking the ball in the air. Certainly no bust or anything...I'm fine with his progress but that's just a major red flag that keeps popping up. If we want him to be that next "Gronk" like clutch...he needs to make those catches cause he has all the ability to get/be open for those.

I'm always hopeful for Deshaun Hamilton...he does all the dirty work that doesn't show up in the box score....but if the kid can't make these gimme catches...he will be destined to be forgotten in the passing game. It's a cruel fate because there are respectable instances where he's wide open just that the QB never looks for him.....but you just can't drop gimme catches in those type of situations...especially when you barely get any targets.

We are really functioning with a shell of a defense...once the news hit that Von wasn't playing...I'd figured we give up at least 30. It's amazing how Vic has been able to get production from this group when it's this decimated......we're bound to get destroyed by the next two offenses though but if Vic keeps this unit competitive again...you can't help but be excited when we have a full off-season of just injecting talent in that unit....but they do need a shot in the arm on defense. DL/CB/LB. Get some blue chips in there.

Just when I was getting ready to entertain the idea of cutting McManus....the guy goes out and is clutch.

Fun first game. Lets see how they respond to the big boys next.

Get well, Wolfe. You have been nothing short of a true soldier out there...another injury...but had a great year.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    I really liked what i seen from Lock given the situation he was put it with only a couple weeks practice since the preseason. Hopefully he can continue to build off of this game for the rest of the season and scratch QB off the needs column come draft time. He doesnt need to win 3 of the last 4 or anything like that, just needs to show that he can keep the team in games, avoid the big mistakes, and make some plays on 3rd down when called upon.

As for our OC. He's got the most to prove in the offseason in my opinion. Our running scheme is terrible, I dunno what we're trying to do with our O-line in the run game but its not working, at all. His play calling is predictable. I was batting somewhere around .750 when calling guessing plays in front of my wife yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Best arm talent since Cutler. Boy, those were some easy lasers he was throwing out there. Now, if his head is on straight (unlike Cutler) and continues to give a damn (already better than Cutler)....we may just have something here.

He's a roller coaster alright...get used to that for a little bit. But, you know what? Roller coasters are meant to be fun. These next 4 games are all about his ability to adapt, learning, play-making.....and just plain fun.

His charisma is franchise type stuff and it doesn't look like he's the type to lose confidence easily. An offensive unit is completely different when you have a QB that, not only has talent, but has that confidence/leadership/swag...whatever you want to call "it" to boot. Other guys just naturally step up their game. That's the power of that.

Scangs is going to grow with Lock. This is the guy he was meant to coach... his system is going to run through this QB...it was meant to be that way. Mind you folks...Scangs is a FIRST year OC and he's already had to implement 3 QB's this season.

Maybe I'm wacko...but how are you going to chirp at a rookie OC for not "adapting his system to his players" when this is: 1) His first go round at doing this thing at an NFL level and 2) he is doing it for 3 QB's (a washed up vet, a journeyman backup QB, and now the prized rook).

This doesn't mean that Scangs goes without fault. He (and Fangio) are still showing they have a lot of room to grow....but this is going to take multiple seasons guys. Year 3 is probably where we'll see a complete unit out there..

A few notes....now that we have actual talent at the QB position (remains to be seen if it's QBOTF stuff)...you really do see just how much we're devoid of talent on offense. Just everything. OL/WR's/TE's...even a receiving RB.

We should really have Juwuann Winfree get some run for the rest of these games...just to see if we get a flux of possible talent. Sutton is clearly WR #1...but everyone else....need work.

Fant could use a running mate at TE. Huerman shows flashes...you just can't ever trust him. Austin Fort is a name to remember for next year...but I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another TE. I like Beck as the other blocking option..that's a nice niche for him.

Speaking of Fant, if this dude really wants to take it next level...the guy has GOT to significantly improve with contested catches and just generally tracking the ball in the air. Certainly no bust or anything...I'm fine with his progress but that's just a major red flag that keeps popping up. If we want him to be that next "Gronk" like clutch...he needs to make those catches cause he has all the ability to get/be open for those.

I'm always hopeful for Deshaun Hamilton...he does all the dirty work that doesn't show up in the box score....but if the kid can't make these gimme catches...he will be destined to be forgotten in the passing game. It's a cruel fate because there are respectable instances where he's wide open just that the QB never looks for him.....but you just can't drop gimme catches in those type of situations...especially when you barely get any targets.

We are really functioning with a shell of a defense...once the news hit that Von wasn't playing...I'd figured we give up at least 30. It's amazing how Vic has been able to get production from this group when it's this decimated......we're bound to get destroyed by the next two offenses though but if Vic keeps this unit competitive again...you can't help but be excited when we have a full off-season of just injecting talent in that unit....but they do need a shot in the arm on defense. DL/CB/LB. Get some blue chips in there.

Just when I was getting ready to entertain the idea of cutting McManus....the guy goes out and is clutch.

Fun first game. Lets see how they respond to the big boys next.

Get well, Wolfe. You have been nothing short of a true soldier out there...another injury...but had a great year.
    https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statu...914051585?s=19

This story from Risner makes me believe that Lock has his head on straight

It's all about how you translate it on the field. He's doing everything you want a franchise QB to be doing but you will always, ultimately, be judged on what you do on the field.

The Texans will bring the heat and put him in uncomfortable positions....plus he'll be the road. So many things to look at these next two weeks with Lock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12