Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Advanced stats and normalized stats are noisy with limited sample sizes. Unless you're willing to die on the hill that the relationship is linear which it obviously won't be, there's no point to even bring it up. The differences in TS% are also quite minimal considering TS% is an estimate and the differences are within error bounds. Not defending Herro but that's not a great use of advanced stats.
    Not comparing their projections with the advanced stats, but what they have put forward thus far. There's also nothing to suggest that Herro goes back to/improves upon his rookie season stats. Can he? Possibly? Will he? I don't know.

Herro reminds me of Kuzma, big start in his rookie season, sophomore slump, waited to break it and now accept what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Not comparing their projections with the advanced stats, but what they have put forward thus far. There's also nothing to suggest that Herro goes back to/improves upon his rookie season stats. Can he? Possibly? Will he? I don't know.

Herro reminds me of Kuzma, big start in his rookie season, sophomore slump, waited to break it and now accept what he is.
    I think it is difficult to use advanced stats to compare their production when their statistical contexts are much different, especially when the data for one player is so limited and contrived.

Kuzma came into the league as a college senior though. Age entering the league is a good at predicting how extensive your development is going to be. That's why there is a premium on young developing talent.

Personally, Herro doesn't excite me. I think his value comes from the rookie scale and his production exceeding his draft ranking/expectations in the previous year. I think he's one of those players you're ambivalent about once they're on their second contract and the value proposition fades. After all, Siakam was Masai's crowning jewel until he got maxed.

Aaron Gordon is kinda interesting as a buy low candidate. His contract was front-loaded so his current salary hit isn't that bad (18 and 16 respectively). He's a tremendous defender and a great fit in our scheme. I think he was just a poor fit on a badly managed team (we dodged a bullet with Jeff Weltman, dudes trash).

Aaron Gordon is kinda interesting as a buy low candidate. His contract was front-loaded so his current salary hit isn't that bad (18 and 16 respectively). He's a tremendous defender and a great fit in our scheme. I think he was just a poor fit on a badly managed team (we dodged a bullet with Jeff Weltman, dudes trash).
    Wonder what it would take to get Gordon and Vucevuc or Gordon and Bamba. I'd be willing to offer Siakam and OG to get the first one done.

Wonder what it would take to get Gordon and Vucevuc or Gordon and Bamba. I'd be willing to offer Siakam and OG to get the first one done.
    Damn really you would do Siakam and OG for Gordon and Vuc. idk about that lol.

That's an emphatic no for me. Aaron Gordon and Vucevic have been together for 6 years. They've had talent around them like Isaac. Tell me about all the years they were better than an easy first round exit. They're not good in my opinion.

Brian Windhorst is reporting that the Raptors are essentially negotiating a new contract with Kyle and if they can come to agreement, then he stays but if they cannot, then he'll get traded. Exactly what they should do. No rolling the dice in free agency.

I don't think Lowry would even entertain that unless the Raptors overpay.

Damn really you would do Siakam and OG for Gordon and Vuc. idk about that lol.
    They also haven't been properly coached or have ever had a top PG creating/setting up the offense.

Siakam is over paid and I don't think he reaches the levels he was at years ago. At his best, he's getting in the paint, getting open in fast breaks, and locked in on d, at his worst he's chucking 10+ 3ps per game. I've seen more of the latter since just before bubble play. He's gotten lazy and lost his attack mode in most games that made him so effective. When a player loses their passion and drive, it's hard to get it back.

Siakam could easily be a 20PPG and 10RB per game player on 50% shooting with a few assists and 1-2 blocks with his height and skill set. I'm worried that he's picked up some bad habits and tuned out NN earlier in the year that is detrimental to him and the team especially post Lowry.

They also haven't been properly coached or have ever had a top PG creating/setting up the offense.

Siakam is over paid and I don't think he reaches the levels he was at years ago. At his best, he's getting in the paint, getting open in fast breaks, and locked in on d, at his worst he's chucking 10+ 3ps per game. I've seen more of the latter since just before bubble play. He's gotten lazy and lost his attack mode in most games that made him so effective. When a player loses their passion and drive, it's hard to get it back.

Siakam could easily be a 20PPG and 10RB per game player on 50% shooting with a few assists and 1-2 blocks with his height and skill set. I'm worried that he's picked up some bad habits and tuned out NN earlier in the year that is detrimental to him and the team especially post Lowry.
    I prefer OG and Pascal to Vuc and Gordon. OG is probably the most attractive asset of the 4 to me, given his age and continued development.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I prefer OG and Pascal to Vuc and Gordon. OG is probably the most attractive asset of the 4 to me, given his age and continued development.
    100% agree on OG probably being our most appealing asset. My issue around him is he's just always too damn injured or inconsistent for my liking.

Tf?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Tf?
    Not fond of Siakam's recent play or contract and would rather Vucevic is what it boils down to. I'd do the same core offer of Siakam and OG for KAT but I doubt that moves the needle much.

Not fond of Siakam's recent play or contract and would rather Vucevic is what it boils down to. I'd do the same core offer of Siakam and OG for KAT but I doubt that moves the needle much.
    Vic+Gordon are not on Katís level though. Personally I would have to think about adding either C because itís just hard to win with a #1 option big. Like last playoffs it was Murray who was able to carry Denver, not jokic.

Id say we are definitely worse off with Gordon and Vuc vs siakam and OG though.

lol what. every team was doubling jokic and gambling on his teammates. the **** u want jokic to do shoot fadeaway 3s with 3 ppl on him like kobe.

Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast