Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It's not just because he's not a modern big. He's just poop period.

Drummond's contract is pretty fat so that's not exactly true either.
    I think maybe you misunderstood. I said he wonít sniff another contract like the one he is on. Reason being is because the league has changed since he got that contract. The premium for traditional bigs is not that high.

I donít think he is poop. I think he is decent, but also much better than anything we have in place at his position. Leading rebounder in the league is not poop. Baynes is poop lol Drummond is not great but he would certainly be an upgrade where we need it most.

Matching salaries is a problem other wise I think we would have done a deal by now. It might prove to be to big of a problem because 28 million is a lot to match. If weíre trading guys like Baynes, MCCaw, Johnson, I wouldnít blink. The only piece Iíd have a hard time saying bye to is Powell and thatís because weve seen the kid develop in to a pretty good player. But heís also expiring so itís not like that would be a deal breaker.

NOTE: I don't think the players want Drummond on this team......Pascal retweeted a post that basically said you aren't giving up any of your top 7 guys for Drummond, so good luck making that deal....lol

I wonder if we could convince ATL to trade us John Collins ? That is the premium target that is somewhat available right now...and if all they want is picks, I think they should make that happen. He is an RFA with Bird Rights, so they could match any offer and go over the cap to retain him. Unlike Drummond, if they wanted him, he couldn't walk away. Also unlike Drummond, he is a modern day "big" who can shoot over 40% from deep! On top of that, he only makes a few million so the salary is WAAAAY easier to match if the value in the return is the picks. The worst that could happen is they have to pay him more than they would like in order to do so, but they would be able to keep him.

I would like to see if the Raptors can get 5 athletic guys between 6'7 and 6'9 to play in their 5 man unit defense. Maybe not a starting 5 (since we don't have Ben Simmons) , but at some point in the game I would like them to be able to go with something like:

PG- Siakam (6'9)......30.0 3pt%
    SG- OG (6'7)............43.3 3pt%
    SF- Watanabe (6'9)...42.9 3pt%
    PF- Boucher (6'9) ....43.2 3pt%
    C- Collins (6'9)..........41.1 3pt%

So with Siakam being the creator, he wouldn't have to shoot a bunch of 3's, and he would be surrounded by shooters who can switch 1 thru 5 on defense and totally effin smother people!

They could start small each half with :

FVV
    Lowry
    Powell
    Siakam
    Collins

and then part way thru the first and 3rd quarters sit Siakam and Collins for a few minutes and go with :

FVV
    Lowry
    Powell
    OG
    Boucher

then a few minutes into the 2nd/4th quarters go to

Siakam
    OG
    Watanabe
    Boucher
    Collins

Then back to the starting lineup (or the most successful that day) to finish the last few minutes.

It would mean squeezing out Bembry, Davis, Johnson and Baynes (if they aren't part of the salary going back for Collins) and shortening the rotation down to 8 a lot of the time, but it would allow them to play all 7 of their top guys major minutes....and they all deserve them.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think maybe you misunderstood. I said he wonít sniff another contract like the one he is on. Reason being is because the league has changed since he got that contract. The premium for traditional bigs is not that high.

I donít think he is poop. I think he is decent, but also much better than anything we have in place at his position. Leading rebounder in the league is not poop. Baynes is poop lol Drummond is not great but he would certainly be an upgrade where we need it most.

Matching salaries is a problem other wise I think we would have done a deal by now. It might prove to be to big of a problem because 28 million is a lot to match. If weíre trading guys like Baynes, MCCaw, Johnson, I wouldnít blink. The only piece Iíd have a hard time saying bye to is Powell and thatís because weve seen the kid develop in to a pretty good player. But heís also expiring so itís not like that would be a deal breaker.
    He's poop because he has a massive ego and can't stay in his own lane. He said he used to elbow his own teammates on purpose if they took his rebounds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

He's not going to come in and be a Biyombo for us. Dude thinks he's Hakeem Olajuwon.
    https://streamable.com/gaj2eb

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    NOTE: I don't think the players want Drummond on this team......Pascal retweeted a post that basically said you aren't giving up any of your top 7 guys for Drummond, so good luck making that deal....lol

I wonder if we could convince ATL to trade us John Collins ? That is the premium target that is somewhat available right now...and if all they want is picks, I think they should make that happen. He is an RFA with Bird Rights, so they could match any offer and go over the cap to retain him. Unlike Drummond, if they wanted him, he couldn't walk away. Also unlike Drummond, he is a modern day "big" who can shoot over 40% from deep! On top of that, he only makes a few million so the salary is WAAAAY easier to match if the value in the return is the picks. The worst that could happen is they have to pay him more than they would like in order to do so, but they would be able to keep him.

I would like to see if the Raptors can get 5 athletic guys between 6'7 and 6'9 to play in their 5 man unit defense. Maybe not a starting 5 (since we don't have Ben Simmons) , but at some point in the game I would like them to be able to go with something like:

PG- Siakam (6'9)......30.0 3pt%
    SG- OG (6'7)............43.3 3pt%
    SF- Watanabe (6'9)...42.9 3pt%
    PF- Boucher (6'9) ....43.2 3pt%
    C- Collins (6'9)..........41.1 3pt%

So with Siakam being the creator, he wouldn't have to shoot a bunch of 3's, and he would be surrounded by shooters who can switch 1 thru 5 on defense and totally effin smother people!

They could start small each half with :

FVV
    Lowry
    Powell
    Siakam
    Collins

and then part way thru the first and 3rd quarters sit Siakam and Collins for a few minutes and go with :

FVV
    Lowry
    Powell
    OG
    Boucher

then a few minutes into the 2nd/4th quarters go to

Siakam
    OG
    Watanabe
    Boucher
    Collins

Then back to the starting lineup (or the most successful that day) to finish the last few minutes.

It would mean squeezing out Bembry, Davis, Johnson and Baynes (if they aren't part of the salary going back for Collins) and shortening the rotation down to 8 a lot of the time, but it would allow them to play all 7 of their top guys major minutes....and they all deserve them.
    I do think Collins fits our team, and the timeline of Siakam/OG/Fred. With Drummond I worry about him operating in Siakam's territory, whereas with Collins he can legitimately pull defenders away from the middle. We're seeing defenders lag off of Baynes now that they recognize that they're better off letting him shoot the corner three and manning under the rim. With Collins, they wouldn't have that option. Also, if we re-sign Collins then we're still focused on down the road success. I don't know that I advocate going after Collins, but I would be much more up for it than going after Drummond... Of course all of this is dependent on the cost in assets/players expected.

If the Hawks want a first rounder, and Collins only makes 4 mill, would you guys offer McCaws expiring $4 mill contract along with our pick this year?

I think would be a better target than Drummond. Or do we want to keep our pick?

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    He's poop because he has a massive ego and can't stay in his own lane. He said he used to elbow his own teammates on purpose if they took his rebounds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

He's not going to come in and be a Biyombo for us. Dude thinks he's Hakeem Olajuwon.
    https://streamable.com/gaj2eb
    I admit I donít know much about Drummond. Didnít know he had those attitude issues. Yikes

If the Hawks want a first rounder, and Collins only makes 4 mill, would you guys offer McCaws expiring $4 mill contract along with our pick this year?

I think would be a better target than Drummond. Or do we want to keep our pick?
    That's close. I mean, I would much rather give them next year's 1st considering our current record and potential for a lottery pick, but I think I'd ultimately do that.

100% you trade a pick and McCaw for John Collins. The raptors arent missing the playoffs this year (unless they unload Lowry and Powell for garbage contracts and draft picks) so it isn't going to be a top 10 pick or anything like that. Collins is ready now to contribute at an all-star level, gives them another guy who can score from the paint, outside the arc and at the line.

He will likely cost a fortune to resign, but the kid is a beast and he's only 23! (....the same age as OG.)

They would have another potential star they can keep for more than one year for the low price of 1 first round pick.

If all they want is McCaw I would give them this year and our pick in 2023 for JC. Then I would lock him (and Powell) up for 4-5 years.....and Lowry for as long as he wants to play to lock down this entire core.

If we got Collins, we probably wouldnt have a high pick for them though.

They will probably ask for a protected 1st and TD and would rather take SJ than Mccaw given hes expiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    If we got Collins, we probably wouldnt have a high pick for them though.

They will probably ask for a protected 1st and TD and would rather take SJ than Mccaw given hes expiring.
    Stan is also expiring. But yeah youíre right. The pick probably lands 15-25 range but Iíd give them Davis too if it means keeping our top 7-8 guys

Lowry/Flynn
    FVV/Powell
    OG/ Bembry
    Siakam/Boucher
    Collins/Baynes

Stan is also expiring. But yeah youíre right. The pick probably lands 15-25 range but Iíd give them Davis too if it means keeping our top 7-8 guys

Lowry/Flynn
    FVV/Powell
    OG/ Bembry
    Siakam/Boucher
    Collins/Baynes
    I don't like Davis all that much. Defensively he makes my head hurt with his constant fouling. Offensively he's the very definition of streaky, and off the court he's a complete and total headache if not simply someone who shouldn't be representing this team. If any team is willing to give value for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I don't like Davis all that much. Defensively he makes my head hurt with his constant fouling. Offensively he's the very definition of streaky, and off the court he's a complete and total headache if not simply someone who shouldn't be representing this team. If any team is willing to give value for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    He did something stupid in the off-season. No defending that. But I like his game. He gives us an added punch off the bench and heís a young player who was one of the best rookies last year. He has value for sure, but his off-season antic certainly didnít help his value. However, for a young team I think he brings something to the table especially in an expanded role.

He did something stupid in the off-season. No defending that. But I like his game. He gives us an added punch off the bench and heís a young player who was one of the best rookies last year. He has value for sure, but his off-season antic certainly didnít help his value. However, for a young team I think he brings something to the table especially in an expanded role.
    TD is a talented athlete who can look really good at times. Yet, more times than not I see him messing up. Trying to pass the ball through traffic, out of control while driving the net, unaware of the situation around him and pretty lousy in his own end. The question is, does he have the head to put it together or is he just another talented athlete that won't figure out the NBA (there have been a ton of those)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Not a fan of trading for Drummond. I think they could find a better option in free agency or a small trade. Vonleh or maybe Bamba. There are plenty of centres who just havenít really had the opportunity that is consider a better option than Drummond.
    Bamba would fit like a glove.

Bamba/Bol Bol have been my go-to buy low/long term Cís in 2k for a few years now.

idk why they didn't take bigger risks this off-season. Baynes and Len was pretty uninspired. Apart from Boucher and Siakam, scouts havent found a single big they liked in the last couple of years...really?

Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast