Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Damn.

I still think we are legit contenders right now, just the under the radar type, similar to how we were last season.
    Fitting game against Miami...I strongly suggest you watch the game from tip before you take out your pom poms, lol.

Then Imagine winning 4 games of 7 games each round. After that ask yourself, can this team be considered a title contender?

Get back to me when you have the answer.
    Giannis and Oladipo 2021 Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Fitting game against Miami...I strongly suggest you watch the game from tip before you take out your pom poms, lol.

Then Imagine winning 4 games of 7 games each round. After that ask yourself, can this team be considered a title contender?

Against Miami? Absolutely. 100% without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post

Probably not title contenders but I do think we have a good shot at getting back to the ECFs

Won’t FVV be RFA?

The fact that Freddie is about to get paid brogdan money and take us out of the Giannis sweepstakes is why I want to capitalize on his boom in value right now.

I think, though I may be wrong, that we can fit Beal/Giannis/Siakam on max deals In 2021 as long as we avoid any other long term commitments.
    TD/?
    Beal/OG
    Giannis/OG
    Siakam/OG
    Boucher/?

The alternative is to build with what we have (which isn’t the worst idea). You sign Freddie to that McContract and roll with TD and Freddie at PG after next year, hope we can draft and develop a long SG. Ibaka would need to be retained because we won’t start Boucher at C unless our forwards are both serious rebounders+shot blockers.

We would be hoping to win another championship with the following come 2021:
    FVV/TD
    Powell/?
    OG/?
    Siakam/Boucher
    Ibaka/?

I mean it’s not impossible....
    But you are over valuing FVV on an expiring deal. Why would Washington do it? Let's set aside the fact that Beal can't be traded this year. If he could, why would they trade him for The package you're suggesting.

Toronto fans always seem to over value their own assets I'm just trying to make you come to that realization on your own.

Also if we retain FVV there's other ways of shedding salary. Gasols 25 mill comes off the books after this season. Ibaka will expire by the time Giannis is a free agent. Why not keep FVV?

Won’t FVV be RFA?
    Nope. He is a UFA this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Probably not title contenders but I do think we have a good shot at getting back to the ECFs
    Pascal's growth will dictate that. He is still a year away from really being that true lead guy imo. I think we will have to endure some growing pains as he learns how to score against teams that are scheming for him every game.

ECF will depend on the matchup. I like the Bucks better than everyone right now. The Celtics and Sixers haven't convinced me yet. I think we match up well with the Heat. It was interesting to see Spo go away from Robinson and Herro in the final stretch. The Raptors were targeting both defensively and he took them off.

I think Nurse will have to switch more against the Heat though. They had no problem with the traps and hedges. Bam is good at passing it out to shooters as well. I'm looking forward to the next matchup. It's too bad we only see them three times and only once here but i don''t think the Raptors are complaining lol.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Should we create another thread on Fred? I think it is an interesting conversation. I don't see him getting any more than 80 million.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    But you are over valuing FVV on an expiring deal. Why would Washington do it? Let's set aside the fact that Beal can't be traded this year. If he could, why would they trade him for The package you're suggesting.

Toronto fans always seem to over value their own assets I'm just trying to make you come to that realization on your own.

Also if we retain FVV there's other ways of shedding salary. Gasols 25 mill comes off the books after this season. Ibaka will expire by the time Giannis is a free agent. Why not keep FVV?
    Possibly, but I tried to leave the value up for interpretation by adding a “+” to the equation. I was thinking 2 unprotected 1sts, but if you think it would take more then do the math yourself.

If Beal wants out, then I don’t think anyone would offer a better futures (and now) package than Powell + FVV + 2 1sts. Especially with how Powell has stepped up lately.

FVV being unrestricted definitely changes things drastically. Basically nullifies his value to a rebuilding club. If he had RFA status then I think he would be a really good trade piece.

Shedding ibaka and Gasol still leaves us over the cap. Shedding Lowry brings us below the cap, but signing FVV to a 25m/per contract puts us right back above the cap. Don’t forget Siakam is already maxed out.

I’m trying to make room to sign a max guy in my theory, not just trying to get below the tax threshold.

If we wanted to have 3 max guys then you basically have to have no salary on the books outside of those 3 guys. Tbh I’m not even sure if we could afford Giannis if we ONLY had Beal and Siakam on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Nope. He is a UFA this summer.
    This obviously changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Should we create another thread on Fred? I think it is an interesting conversation. I don't see him getting any more than 80 million.
    So tough. I think he’s worth that money, but is he worth being out of the Giannis sweepstakes?
    He contributes about the same amount (obviously in a very different way) as ibaka so I think that figure is spot on.

Pascal's growth will dictate that. He is still a year away from really being that true lead guy imo. I think we will have to endure some growing pains as he learns how to score against teams that are scheming for him every game.

ECF will depend on the matchup. I like the Bucks better than everyone right now. The Celtics and Sixers haven't convinced me yet. I think we match up well with the Heat. It was interesting to see Spo go away from Robinson and Herro in the final stretch. The Raptors were targeting both defensively and he took them off.

I think Nurse will have to switch more against the Heat though. They had no problem with the traps and hedges. Bam is good at passing it out to shooters as well. I'm looking forward to the next matchup. It's too bad we only see them three times and only once here but i don''t think the Raptors are complaining lol.
    I definitely can see a path to the ECF. Getting a top seed is more important than every so we can save the bucks for the ECF. They’re the only team that scares me right now.

I definitely can see a path to the ECF. Getting a top seed is more important than every so we can save the bucks for the ECF. They’re the only team that scares me right now.
    I really believe this is their year. Giannis looks unstoppable!

This obviously changes everything.
    Bingo

I really believe this is their year. Giannis looks unstoppable!
    There isn't much standing in his way in the east, I actually think the raptors will be his biggest obstacle and the only team that can stop the bucks. I still view them as favorites but the last team they want to run in to is the Raps. We just seem to have their number in the post season. Even when we had Demar

I actually think you nailed it. That's exactly the contract I think he will get. All depends on a team like the Knicks and their willingness to max him out.

Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast