Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    If we want Oladipo, we should focus on ensuring as much cap space as possible for the off-season. Dealing Powell would be important here. God forbid he actually picks up that 10mil option. I used to think that would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Dipo is a pure SG. You don’t want him matched up with forwards. If Powell+ goes out then he would fit nicely.
    referring to cabolco

Wish we can get Drummond. Dont think he'll cost a 1st given the asking price last year.

Maybe Baynes and Powell for him? Basically all 3 expire but Cavs could probably get rid of some bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Is Oladipo even better than Terrence Davis? Sure he's is averaging 20 ppg, but he's shooting just 42% from the field, 70% from the FT line and 36% from deep. While Davis is yet to earn big time minutes with all of the guards on this team, he is now shooting 46% from the field, 41% from deep and 100% from the FT line. After shooting 45% from the field, 39% from deep and 86% from the line as a rookie. He needs to get out of the doghouse so he can start getting some consistent PT again. He should be playing at least 20 mpg imo.

I can't see trading players and picks to Houston for Oladipo. I'd literally rather just start Davis so they can develop him and bring Fred off the bench for 35 minutes.
    Come on dude. Not only is Dipo better offensively but he’s 10x the defender TD2 is. Big difference between putting up numbers and putting up numbers in garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Wish we can get Drummond. Dont think he'll cost a 1st given the asking price last year.

Maybe Baynes and Powell for him? Basically all 3 expire but Cavs could probably get rid of some bigs.
    If we’re going for Drummond then I’d send TD before I send Norm. Not a fan of all the lapses Drummond has on D but we desperately need some rebounding.

I’m still shocked the Cavs got Allen and Prince for Milwaukee’s 2022 1st, a 2nd rd pick and Dante Exum. I feel like Masai could’ve put something together for those 2. That would’ve rounded out the rotation very well.

Allen/Boucher
    Siakam/Watanabe
    OG/Prince
    FVV/Norm
    Lowry/Flynn

I dont think salary works unless its Norm and Baynes (and I think even then we may have to add 1 more person like Johnson or Mccaw).

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If we’re going for Drummond then I’d send TD before I send Norm. Not a fan of all the lapses Drummond has on D but we desperately need some rebounding.

I’m still shocked the Cavs got Allen and Prince for Milwaukee’s 2022 1st, a 2nd rd pick and Dante Exum. I feel like Masai could’ve put something together for those 2. That would’ve rounded out the rotation very well.

Allen/Boucher
    Siakam/Watanabe
    OG/Prince
    FVV/Norm
    Lowry/Flynn
    Masai is sleeping fam. He’s been sleeping since the off-season. I can speculate further but I don’t wanna beat a dead horse. I don’t think we make any moves until he signs that extension. If & when.

Tucker is available and would come cheap. He’d bring toughness, rebounding, defence, and the the ability to hit the corner 3. Stan Johnson and McCaws expiring contracts probably gets it done. But again, our FO is sleeping. I don’t expect anything to happen. But there are def some players available that can help. If we want the help. Who knows maybe we’re tanking. What to think anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Masai is sleeping fam. He’s been sleeping since the off-season. I can speculate further but I don’t wanna beat a dead horse. I don’t think we make any moves until he signs that extension. If & when.
    Masai doesn't sleep. He waits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Kyle Lowry trades that make sense

Trade #1- Knicks receive: Lowry
    Raptors receive: Randle, Knox and Ntilikina plus Clippers draft pick 2021

Toronto new starting 5 easily would be:

PG- VanVleet
    SG- Powell
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Randle

Boucher comes off your bench as a 6th Man along with Knox and Ntilikina to make up your 2nd unit

Trade #2- Orlando Magic receive: Kyle Lowry and Terrence Davis

Toronto Raptors receive: Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier and 1st round draft pick from Orlando

Toronto new starting 5

PG- VanVleet
    SG- Fournier
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Gordon
    C- Siakam

Trade #3- Chicago Bulls receive: Kyle Lowry and Terrence Davis

Toronto Raptors receive: Lauri Markkanen, Otto Porter Jr, Chicago 2021 1st round pick and Chicago 2024 1st round pick lottery protected

Toronto with their new 5 you would have:

PG- VanVleet
    SG- Powell
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Markkanen
    C- Siakam

Porter comes in with the 2nd unit off the bench

Plus if Chicago ends up as a losing team this year...a high end lottery team with a high draft pick, the Raptors would own that pick via trade plus their own pick...it would make sense

Come on dude. Not only is Dipo better offensively but he’s 10x the defender TD2 is. Big difference between putting up numbers and putting up numbers in garbage time.
    Davis played a lot more than garbage time last year. He averaged like 17 mpg. He just only got to take 6 shots in those 17 mpg. In the few games we got to see him as the starting SG, he was great. I know TD is in the doghouse right now, but last year he actually had a solid defensive rating at SG too.

Dipo was very good before he wrecked his knee, but major knee injuries are pretty hard to overcome fully for basketball players. Especially ones that rely on elite quickness and agility. I'm not sold he's still the same player he was pre-injury. I truly think Davis has the tools to be a very good SG. He just needs to play. Put Davis in the starting 5 instead of Fred and let him take like 17 FGA's per game and he would put up some serious numbers too. For 1.5M instead of 20M. He's still learning the NBA game, but he looks like he fits right in imo.

If they lose Lowry and Powell in FA, look out for a break out season from Davis next year.

Masai doesn't sleep. He waits.
    Yeah he waited to long and ended up with Baynes lol ... Sleepin

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Davis played a lot more than garbage time last year. He averaged like 17 mpg. He just only got to take 6 shots in those 17 mpg. In the few games we got to see him as the starting SG, he was great. I know TD is in the doghouse right now, but last year he actually had a solid defensive rating at SG too.

Dipo was very good before he wrecked his knee, but major knee injuries are pretty hard to overcome fully for basketball players. Especially ones that rely on elite quickness and agility. I'm not sold he's still the same player he was pre-injury. I truly think Davis has the tools to be a very good SG. He just needs to play. Put Davis in the starting 5 instead of Fred and let him take like 17 FGA's per game and he would put up some serious numbers too. For 1.5M instead of 20M. He's still learning the NBA game, but he looks like he fits right in imo.

If they lose Lowry and Powell in FA, look out for a break out season from Davis next year.
    Davis hasn’t looked the same. I dunno if it’s the short leash, the inconsistent playing time or what, but I would have thought he has all the opportunity in the world to break out but Nurse doesn’t seem to want to give him a steady role this year. Which is frustrating, he’s one of our top prospects.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-16-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Davis isn't actually a good defender. Matt and Davis are in Nurse's doghouse because of their **** defense. That's why Stanley Johnson jumped ahead of them on the depth chart.

Norm, Baynes, Stan J, McCaw, and a first round pick for Buddy Hield and Holms

Hield has a front loaded contract that decreases every season. He’s a really good shooter and can start for us at the two. Holms slides in perfectly at the 5.

Lowry/Flynn
    Hield/FVV6th/Thomas
    OG/Bembry/Davis
    Siakam/Boucher (7th)
    Holms/Len

FVV & Boucher would essentially get starter mins as our 6/7th man in the rotation. Flynn would get some burn. And we can use Davis/Thomas/Bembry/Len sparingly based on match ups.

Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast