Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    My money is on Charles Bassey for the Raps draft pick this year.
    Late lottery projection. Another success story from Nigeria? I could see it happening. Interesting prospect overall. Lots of potential.

Saw him as more of a mid-late first rounder a while back, he has been rising on draft boards. Raptors do like more mature players...

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Porter Jr is being shopped, I would imagine he and McGee could be had for relatively cheap. Could be a low risk high reward move for us.
    I would worry about Porter Jrís character fit in our organization. No question he has talent.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 01-19-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Late lottery projection. Another success story from Nigeria? I could see it happening. Interesting prospect overall. Lots of potential.

Saw him as more of a mid-late first rounder a while back, he has been rising on draft boards. Raptors do like more mature players...

I would worry about Porter Jrís character fit in our organization. No question he has talent.
    I can actually understand his frustration. They have kept him from playing this year, when he did return his locker was given a way to a player they just traded for. He kinda spazzed out over it but I can understand a kids frustration with an organization like that. I think under the right leadership and on a franchise like the Raptors he would blossom. Kid can turn out to be a nice piece. Like I said low risk high reward, if he doesnít buy in and becomes disruptive we just cut him. But this is also a way to get a decent centre with out giving up any significant assets. McGee and Porter Jr make a combined 6 mill. Cleveland has too many Cs and are desperate to move Porter I think Thomas and McCaw gets it done ✅

I can actually understand his frustration. They have kept him from playing this year, when he did return his locker was given a way to a player they just traded for. He kinda spazzed out over it but I can understand a kids frustration with an organization like that. I think under the right leadership and on a franchise like the Raptors he would blossom. Kid can turn out to be a nice piece. Like I said low risk high reward, if he doesnít buy in and becomes disruptive we just cut him. But this is also a way to get a decent centre with out giving up any significant assets. McGee and Porter Jr make a combined 6 mill. Cleveland has too many Cs and are desperate to move Porter I think Thomas and McCaw gets it done ✅
    If we are going for porterjr then I want to get Bol Bol in the deal too. Would have to give up something decent, donít want to give up boucher. Denver in win now mode, but who would they want? Low salaries, and they want immediate contributors.

The Raptors have waived Alex Len.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

He must have broke protocol to be the only guy in contact tracing protocol snd then get released....Its just a guess, but its not like they free up any real space to make a move by waiving him.

He seemed eager to come and learn to get better...Def didnt see this coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He must have broke protocol to be the only guy in contact tracing protocol snd then get released....Its just a guess, but its not like they free up any real space to make a move by waiving him.

He seemed eager to come and learn to get better...Def didnt see this coming.
    Yeah, this is very surprising. I am sure we will learn more soon. Len filled a need so it will be interesting to see what the Raptors do next.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The Raptors have waived Alex Len.
    Wow. Ummm...

So boucher starts and we bring in baynes if we need to matchup with a big?

This is super strange.

I thought Len was outplaying Baynes this season so far. Not that the 5-spot has been good at all, but still.

He had discipline issues pre-draft which was why he slipped so far. He then got charged this off-season with a few minor offences. Judge dismissed them. Then an outburst at the team. We arenít talking about an isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If we are going for porterjr then I want to get Bol Bol in the deal too. Would have to give up something decent, donít want to give up boucher. Denver in win now mode, but who would they want? Low salaries, and they want immediate contributors.
    Bol Bol is on a different team. Not sure about the correlation.

I just realized the confusion maybe the Porter Jr. We are discussing Kevin Porter Jr of the Cavs, not Michael.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 01-19-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He had discipline issues pre-draft which was why he slipped so far. He then got charged this off-season with a few minor offences. Judge dismissed them. Then an outburst at the team. We arenít talking about an isolated incident.

Bol Bol is on a different team. Not sure about the correlation.

I just realized the confusion maybe the Porter Jr. We are discussing Kevin Porter Jr of the Cavs, not Michael.
    Oops. Yes I was mixing up the porters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    I thought Len was outplaying Baynes this season so far. Not that the 5-spot has been good at all, but still.
    Last I saw him was his start against Sacramento. He was awful. Guards were scoring around him with ease and his hands looked as advertised... really bad. He had one nice game, but hard to see him having any impact this year. Baynes hasn't been good either, but in certain matchups, he can be serviceable IMO.

Hearing Stanley Johnson's past few press conferences, I'm impressed by his insight and maturity. For a kid drafted with such lofty expectations, his work ethic and humility are notable. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself resigned after this year. He really fits the culture of this team well. The investment was negligible last year. It appears to be yielding dividends.

If this new found 3pt shot is for real your darn right he will get brought back. The dude is shooting 44% . He reminds me a lot of PJ Tucker now. He's a 6'6" three and D player who isn't going to get pushed around by anyone.

It took Tucker a few years in Europe to mature into a solid NBA three and D player, and it looks like it may have taken Johnson just one year with the Raptors and their development team.

If this new found 3pt shot is for real your darn right he will get brought back. The dude is shooting 44% . He reminds me a lot of PJ Tucker now. He's a 6'6" three and D player who isn't going to get pushed around by anyone.

It took Tucker a few years in Europe to mature into a solid NBA three and D player, and it looks like it may have taken Johnson just one year with the Raptors and their development team.
    Interesting comparison. Very different draft night evaluations, but Tucker started as a defense first SF that took years to find it offensively. They both switch frequently and took years to develop. For a guy that was hoping for his contract ending, I see some under noted value. If betting on this year, I wouldn't figure Boucher or Johnson would be notable stories. It's early still. But the fact that internal stories (Boucher/Johnson) are emerging, it continues to bring me confidence in the teams development staff.

If Stan keeps it up itís another win for our developmental culture. Heís looking great so far. Who would have thought. Itís almost like having two OGs out there lol

Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast