Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1392
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,984
    no shot Lowry stays.

    who cares who the leader is going to be, see who steps up without having Lowry as a safety net. But Fred can fill that role if need be. Lowry has basically been slowly handing him the keys anyway.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,121
    Lowry is playing some of the best basketball of his life this year. No keys are being handed over.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,984
    What does that have to do with leadership? Playing good basketball and slowly abdicating/delegating leadership tasks are not mutually exclusive concepts. Dude could be dropping 100 points a game and still allow guys to be more vocal and find their footing as leaders, like FVV has done. It is blatantly obvious that Fred has been groomed over the last couple of years to take over the leadership role when Lowry leaves or calls it quits.
    Last edited by ecart; 02-25-2021 at 11:28 PM.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,016
    This is a good article on the Lowry rumours.

    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbss...er-report/amp/

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,016
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    no shot Lowry stays.

    who cares who the leader is going to be, see who steps up without having Lowry as a safety net. But Fred can fill that role if need be. Lowry has basically been slowly handing him the keys anyway.
    Yup. And I think itís worked out great with Freddy.

    And I agree I donít think Lowry stays so Iím tryna get something for him even if we donít have leverage. We can at least leverage the Heat/Clippers interest, against Philly. But yeah if the writing is in the wall then Iíd like for Masai to get whatever he can.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,984
    Clippers have literally nothing to offer. Zach Lowe put it perfectly when he said that Presti is basically a part owner of the Clippers. Heat gets a bit interesting. Any future firsts will be better than the Sixers but idk none of their young players are all that exciting. They'll probably swap Dragic for salaries but who to sweeten the pot? Hard to imagine that they'll want to move on from Robinson or Herro. Maybe Precious and a first idk.

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,779
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I just think Lowry can bring a lot more to the table over the next 2 seasons than a young prospect would. I'm not denying that Masai is great at drafting in the 20's. He has the track record. I just don't think trading the heart and soul of a team is a good idea unless it's being blown up. This team is clearly not being blown up.

    Who's the leader if Lowry leaves?
    If lowry is planning on staying with the raptors for next few years, that's a different story. But all signs so far points to him looking for another opportunity at a title and I don't think raptors are anywhere close to it. Given his current value, I am hoping raptors capitalize on it. Let's see what MU can do at the TDL.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,779
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Clippers have literally nothing to offer. Zach Lowe put it perfectly when he said that Presti is basically a part owner of the Clippers. Heat gets a bit interesting. Any future firsts will be better than the Sixers but idk none of their young players are all that exciting. They'll probably swap Dragic for salaries but who to sweeten the pot? Hard to imagine that they'll want to move on from Robinson or Herro. Maybe Precious and a first idk.
    I have no idea how clippers are in the mix. None of the players they offer won't fit with the raptors. Heat have some interesting assets and so does Sixers. A third team would be the best way to go. If a team like Pelicans are involved, it may be better for us.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,121
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    What does that have to do with leadership? Playing good basketball and slowly abdicating/delegating leadership tasks are not mutually exclusive concepts. Dude could be dropping 100 points a game and still allow guys to be more vocal and find their footing as leaders, like FVV has done. It is blatantly obvious that Fred has been groomed over the last couple of years to take over the leadership role when Lowry leaves or calls it quits.
    Nothing. I was just pointing out how our amazing leader is still playing amazing basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,004
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We traded JV, Delon and CJ for Gasol. Lowry is better but I'd be expecting something more like that return. A 1st and a promising young prospect would be hard to fathom. I'm not interested in Thybulle like others are.

    My guess is he re-signs at a discount. This is his team. You see the way he interacts with everyone out there. He's not ready to leave especially knowing there's a young core in place. If Lowry signs at a discount and Masai maxes John Collins then we're a contender to come out of the East.
    Lowry has consistently told his teammates to "take the money" and do what is best for themselves. Lowry is reportedly looking for a 2 year, 60 million dollar deal this off-season. I don't think him taking a discount is consistent with his words or his actions. If he makes 30 million again, we have Siakam, Anunoby, FVV and Lowry making 105 million combined. That doesn't include the 15-20 million Powell will get in free agency. It isn't meant to be a disrespect to Lowry, it is simply recognizing the math.

    With no high draft picks and no emerging young talent, and a salary picture that is pushing the luxury tax, there are limited avenues to improve this team.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,004
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We traded JV, Delon and CJ for Gasol. Lowry is better but I'd be expecting something more like that return. A 1st and a promising young prospect would be hard to fathom. I'm not interested in Thybulle like others are.

    My guess is he re-signs at a discount. This is his team. You see the way he interacts with everyone out there. He's not ready to leave especially knowing there's a young core in place. If Lowry signs at a discount and Masai maxes John Collins then we're a contender to come out of the East.
    Your math doesn't really work. Without signing Powell or Lowry, we have about 28 million in cap space (that also would mean we would be declining Boucher's option). Where are you getting the money to max Collins exactly?

    Wright and CJ weren't exactly assets for the Grizzlies. JV was the asset they were able to keep. Is an average C better than a young prospect and a 1st round pick? Maybe?

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,555
    Apparently Lowry has told the Raptors he never said he would like to play for the Sixers and that the article didn't come from them.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Lowry has consistently told his teammates to "take the money" and do what is best for themselves. Lowry is reportedly looking for a 2 year, 60 million dollar deal this off-season. I don't think him taking a discount is consistent with his words or his actions. If he makes 30 million again, we have Siakam, Anunoby, FVV and Lowry making 105 million combined. That doesn't include the 15-20 million Powell will get in free agency. It isn't meant to be a disrespect to Lowry, it is simply recognizing the math.

    With no high draft picks and no emerging young talent, and a salary picture that is pushing the luxury tax, there are limited avenues to improve this team.
    You beat me to it. There seems to be an unequal amount of sentimentality between fans and players, and for obvious reasons. We have 0 dollars invested, and they're weighing tens of millions of dollars. Nothing in Lowry's past has indicated that he's willing to take a pay cut. In fact, over his past two contracts, we paid over market value to keep him. He's never implied that its important for him to finish his career in Toronto, or even hinted at some loyalty that we all seem to assume exists. Lowry was ready to head out after 2019, but we won a championship and again, paid him over market value for two years. Now, each overpay worked out, but if we tried to lowball him in either case, I strongly believe he would have been out the door. So, to summarize, if your belief in how we should handle Lowry's free agency hinges on the hope that he'll take a discount, then get that out of your head and assume he'll expect another 2 years 30 mil per.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,016
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I have no idea how clippers are in the mix. None of the players they offer won't fit with the raptors. Heat have some interesting assets and so does Sixers. A third team would be the best way to go. If a team like Pelicans are involved, it may be better for us.
    They arenít. First off I donít think we would deal with them after Lawrence Frank stalked Kawhi for a year, then Kawhi recruits Ibaka. Secondly no one wants the pieces they would offer which is likely Beverly and or Lue Williams or Morris Sr. Hard pass.

    I think we simply use them as some sort of leverage.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,016
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Clippers have literally nothing to offer. Zach Lowe put it perfectly when he said that Presti is basically a part owner of the Clippers. Heat gets a bit interesting. Any future firsts will be better than the Sixers but idk none of their young players are all that exciting. They'll probably swap Dragic for salaries but who to sweeten the pot? Hard to imagine that they'll want to move on from Robinson or Herro. Maybe Precious and a first idk.
    Youíre right they donít, but Masai smoke screen it and try to get some sort of leverage.

    Miami would make the best trade partner as they have some good young prospects. Just depends what we can get from them.

Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •