Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1417
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Crazy suggestion. Because I am bored...

Raptors pick up options on Baynes, Boucher, Hood and trade them for Horford and a 2021 2nd rounder. Big contract but better than IFA Centers available. Veteran leader to hold down C position for two years. We retain bird rights on Lowry and Trent and still have MLE to spend in FA. Operate as an above cap team.

Vanvleet/Flynn
    Trent Jr/Lowry/Harris
    Anunoby/Bembry
    Siakam/Watanabe
    Horford/Birch

4 picks from this year
    MLE acquisition
    The creative aspect of it I can dig, because maybe Horford grows tired of being there demands out and the only way to unload him is with a first rounder attached.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The creative aspect of it I can dig, because maybe Horford grows tired of being there demands out and the only way to unload him is with a first rounder attached.
    I like this trade, and OKC's glut of firsts means we could hopefully coax a late first from them while satisfying a position of need temporarily. I never thought I'd like a trade that brings us Horford, but I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I like this trade, and OKC's glut of firsts means we could hopefully coax a late first from them while satisfying a position of need temporarily. I never thought I'd like a trade that brings us Horford, but I'm down.
    Once we see what some players get in FA this summer, his contract might not look so bad. Supply and demand is going to make for a lucrative market for FAís.

I expected to get blasted for this idea.

Once we see what some players get in FA this summer, his contract might not look so bad. Supply and demand is going to make for a lucrative market for FAís.

Honestly, I like this comment board because most people here are pretty level-head and basketball savvy. Try posting that trade on the Raptors' Facebook groups. The jackals will immediately attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Honestly, I like this comment board because most people here are pretty level-head and basketball savvy. Try posting that trade on the Raptors' Facebook groups. The jackals will immediately attack.
    Lol yeah FB is a joke for basketball discussion. Every time I try, I end up feeling like banging my head against the wall.

I like open minded creative thinking. Itís not like youíre suggesting signing Horford to that ridiculous contract, the 76ers did that all on their own. Your idea is to get a stop gap vet for the 5 while getting another first rounder attached. Thatís not a bad idea. If we use one of our picks on a big, Horford can be the stop gap for 2 seasons while that big develops.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I like open minded creative thinking. Itís not like youíre suggesting signing Horford to that ridiculous contract, the 76ers did that all on their own. Your idea is to get a stop gap vet for the 5 while getting another first rounder attached. Thatís not a bad idea. If we use one of our picks on a big, Horford can be the stop gap for 2 seasons while that big develops.
    Boucher is the obvious loss, but his contract would be needed for matching and getting a pick back hopefully offsets that loss. Short term, Horford fits a positional need better. I prefer Boucher at the 4 but with Siakam here, he needs to play out of position a lot.

Boucher is the obvious loss, but his contract would be needed for matching and getting a pick back hopefully offsets that loss. Short term, Horford fits a positional need better. I prefer Boucher at the 4 but with Siakam here, he needs to play out of position a lot.
    If we are including boucher then I want more. We get the 1st for taking back horford. If they want an asset like boucher then it would take multiple 1sts, or 1 really good first. Like really good.

Yuta signs standard NBA contract with Raptors (no more 2 way). I wonder if that also frees a 2-way contract slot for Gillespe after he finishes his 2nd 10 day deal.

I would rather have Boucher than Horford. It isn't a bad idea, but we already have a first rounder and 2 seconds this year (that they may be able to package together to move up for another player they like.)

Just look at the numbers Boucher has put up this year when he has gotten starters' (27+) minutes:

24 and 5 against the Pelicans
    23 and 10 against the Kings
    20 and 8 against the Blazers
    25 and 10 against the Hornets
    20 and 9 against the Hornets
    21 and 10 against the Mavs
    9 and 9 against the Pacers
    29 and 10 against the Hawks
    12 and 10 against the Grizzlies
    14 and 6 against the Bucks
    30 and 5 against the Celtics
    29 and 9 against the Hawks
    16 and 6 against the Hornets
    21 and 5 (with 4 blocks) against the Pistons
    19 and 8 against the Lakers
    38 and 19 against the Bulls
    17 and 14 (with 4 blocks) against the Knicks
    12 and 12 against the Spurs
    11 and 7 against the Magic
    31 and 12 against the Thunder

If I didn't know better I would think I was looking at an all-star C/PF's game logs. I want to lock him up and let him continue to thrive, not trade him for a first round pick. I like the creativity, but not the deal.

Baynes can't be traded anymore, as his deal kicks in 2 days before the moratorium. Well I guess you could try, but I can't see a scenario where he isn't sent packing before that contract kicks in. No one is going to pay him over 7M this off season the way he played this year.

In regards to the other guys though:

Bembry's deal is guaranteed 4 days after the moratorium
    Boucher's deal is guaranteed 3 days after the moratorium
    Watson's deal is guaranteed 3 days after the moratorium

I can't find dates on Hood or Watanabe, but I imagine they are at least 2 days after the moratorium. If they move quick though, they could potentially trade 3 or 4 of those guys to a team looking for nothing but a way to create cap space if they can find the right return.

NOTE: Also, nice to see Yuta get some love from the Raps. Kid plays his tail off and has the ability to guard pretty much every position on the floor the way the game is played today. Over the last 10 games he is shooting 11 for 24 from deep. Hard to shoot well when you are barely playing and taking 1 attempt per game when you do. When he shoots it with confidence, he shoots it well. The only other month he took over 6 attempts (total) he went 12 for 24, and he is now shooting over 40% on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I would rather have Boucher than Horford. It isn't a bad idea, but we already have a first rounder and 2 seconds this year (that they may be able to package together to move up for another player they like.)

Just look at the numbers Boucher has put up this year when he has gotten starters' (27+) minutes:

If I didn't know better I would think I was looking at an all-star C/PF's game logs. I want to lock him up and let him continue to thrive, not trade him for a first round pick. I like the creativity, but not the deal.

Baynes can't be traded anymore, as his deal kicks in 2 days before the moratorium. Well I guess you could try, but I can't see a scenario where he isn't sent packing before that contract kicks in. No one is going to pay him over 7M this off season the way he played this year.

I can't find dates on Hood or Watanabe, but I imagine they are at least 2 days after the moratorium. If they move quick though, they could potentially trade 3 or 4 of those guys to a team looking for nothing but a way to create cap space if they can find the right return.

NOTE: Also, nice to see Yuta get some love from the Raps. Kid plays his tail off and has the ability to guard pretty much every position on the floor the way the game is played today. Over the last 10 games he is shooting 11 for 24 from deep. Hard to shoot well when you are barely playing and taking 1 attempt per game when you do. When he shoots it with confidence, he shoots it well. The only other month he took over 6 attempts (total) he went 12 for 24, and he is now shooting over 40% on the season.
    I agree Boucher is proving to be an important part of the rotation. I think he has value and is on a good contract.
    Plus we already have our own draft pick in the first round and a couple 2nd rounders. We wonít have any shortage of draft picks and ability to add youth. I think adding those prospects along with keeping guys like Birch, Gillespie, Yuta will give us plenty to work with in the off-season. The biggest domino will be what we do with Lowry IMO.

Boucher was put in as necessity for salary matching purposes. Horford's got a big ticket.

No complaints about his progress this year. He has been excellent. I just don't like him having to play C too much. I think he thrives best alongside a big man that can work in the paint. It has been nice to watch Birch and Gillespee playing a more traditional role. We'll see how well they hold up as the competition starts to ramp up this week.

Boucher was put in as necessity for salary matching purposes. Horford's got a big ticket.

No complaints about his progress this year. He has been excellent. I just don't like him having to play C too much. I think he thrives best alongside a big man that can work in the paint. It has been nice to watch Birch and Gillespee playing a more traditional role. We'll see how well they hold up as the competition starts to ramp up this week.
    Yeah and he works best with a playmaker that can find him in his spots. Donít want him creating. Heís a finisher though.

The thing is, I can't see a world where Baynes' option for next year is picked up. Putting him in any deal just makes the return you get back even worse. Horford is past his prime, and not someone they should be spending money on in order to get a draft pick. I'll give you an A for your creativity, but an F for the result. I didn't even notice you had Lowry comin back and coming off the bench behind GTJ....lmao In what world do you think Lowry is coming back here as a back up? The dude is still looking to get PAID...with a capital P, A, I and D. Does that sound like someone who feels they are a bench player?

I think the plan now is to simply keep Lowry, GTJ and Birch (...and Gillespie on a two way deal) and then add 2 or 3 more players in the draft.

The thing is, I can't see a world where Baynes' option for next year is picked up. Putting him in any deal just makes the return you get back even worse. Horford is past his prime, and not someone they should be spending money on in order to get a draft pick. I'll give you an A for your creativity, but an F for the result. I didn't even notice you had Lowry comin back and coming off the bench behind GTJ....lmao In what world do you think Lowry is coming back here as a back up? The dude is still looking to get PAID...with a capital P, A, I and D. Does that sound like someone who feels they are a bench player?

I think the plan now is to simply keep Lowry, GTJ and Birch (...and Gillespie on a two way deal) and then add 2 or 3 more players in the draft.
    I have a tough time imagining they wonít do at least something in FA.

Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast