Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Players I'd like to have under contract after tomorrow:

Kyle Lowry
    Norman Powell

I don't care if they stink it up the rest of the year. That just means they will have a pretty darn good player to add to this core for next season when they come back to Toronto.

Powell is better SG than any of Herro, Maxey or Thybulle.

Lowry is the heart of this team/franchise. If he is willing to sign a 2 year 50 million dollar extension with the Raptors, then that is what I would do. Then I would lock Powell up too. We have wing defenders locked up to big deals in OG and Siakam. We have a PG locked up in FVV. If it doesn't work next year then you make some trades for different stars.

I'm not willing to blow up this core because of anything that happens during a season where they play 100% of their games on the road, and deal with this virus. We already know that when they are right, they can play with anyone. ...and every single one of them has lots of basketball left. I say you pay Lowry and Powell what they deserve, then you draft a piece this year that can actually help them.
    Rock and a hard place for me. If you run it back again next year, do you really expect much different results? This team still has glaring needs. We'll be completely capped out. And Lowry will be another year older. If you're going to trade Lowry and Powell, are FVV, Siakam and OG really talented enough to build a contender around? They're top end role players, but not superstar in that group. I feel like in basketball we gravitate too much towards loving the player and what they are capable of, instead of realizing their shortcomings and moving on to make the team better. The best part about this problem, is that I fully trust Bobby and Masai to run through each and every possible scenario and find the best path forward for this team no matter which direction it ultimately is. Either way, keep em or trade em, tomorrow will be a big day for us Raptors fans.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    So I was looking into the extension stuff under the rules and apparently Lowry can't actually extend (according to Blake Murphy from The Athletic) as his contract is only a 1 year deal. I'm not certain of the language in the rules themselves, but Murphy is usually bang on with this sort of thing.

Powell can be extended, but the value can only be like 120% of his current salary. Considering he'll probably get closer to 200% of his current salary as a UFA this summer, there is no chance he extends.
    But the window for Powell's extension is closed is it not? It used to be end of October, but that may have changed.

[Haynes] The Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue Cavaliers Center Jarrett Allen in free agency

cringe. should have gotten in the trade instead of doing nothing all season if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    [Haynes] The Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue Cavaliers Center Jarrett Allen in free agency

cringe. should have gotten in the trade instead of doing nothing all season if this is the case.
    Us and like 8 other teams. I mean, he would be a great fit, in my opinion. Its just not going to be too easy to get him to Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Us and like 8 other teams. I mean, he would be a great fit, in my opinion. Its just not going to be too easy to get him to Toronto.
    Thats why they should have gotten in on the Harden trade if they wanted him. Cavs gave up nothing for him and he's a RFA. They'll match any contact. If any of this is true, not a good look for our FO.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    But the window for Powell's extension is closed is it not? It used to be end of October, but that may have changed.
    No, that deadline is for players coming into the last year of their rookie contract (ie. Anunoby).

General Rules ó

Contracts covering 1 or 2 seasons (including any option year) cannot be extended.

Contracts covering 3 or 4 seasons (including any option year) may be extended on the second anniversary of being signed.

Contracts covering 5 or 6 seasons (including any option year) may be extended on the third anniversary of being signed.

Extensions of Rookie Scale Contracts ó Any Rookie Scale Contract can be extended during the off-season before the rookieís fourth year in the league (i.e., July 1 to the day before the regular season).
    There is a full breakdown here: https://cbabreakdown.com/contract-types

It doesn't really matter in Powell's case, because the limit they could increase is salary in an extension is to like 12-13 million annually and there is no chance he'd accept that when he can make way more as a UFA.

Might be more to the story...

Siakam wasnít happy and ó according to multiple sources ó let Nurse know about it, loudly and aggressively with words beyond standard cursing. It got personal, lines were crossed and teammates had to intervene, according to multiple sources.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...tensions-high/

I'm not liking this side Siakam. At this point I would deal him and hope for something like To GSW: Siakam, Powell, Baynes for Tor: Wiggins, Wisemen, Paschall and Min's 1st and GSW 1st.
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 03-24-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Might be more to the story...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...tensions-high/

I'm not liking this side Siakam. At this point I would deal him and hop for something like To GSW: Siakam, Powell, Baynes for Tor: Wiggins, Wisemen, Paschall and Min's 1st and GSW 1st.
    GS hangs up the phone. There is no chance they would give close to that IMO.

If you could somehow make the contracts work, I'll give them Lowry too just for Min 1st and Wiseman.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    GS hangs up the phone. There is no chance they would give close to that IMO.
    Fine they get to keep their 1st for a second or Throw in TD. However that lineup sets them up well to compete this year and next when Klay is back (minus one of Powell or Oubre or both).

Siakam/Looney/Baynes
    Draymond/Chriss/Anderson
    Oubre/Bazemore
    Powell/Lee/Poole
    Curry/Wanamaker
    Last edited by Chaotic98; 03-24-2021 at 03:55 PM.

If you could somehow make the contracts work, I'll give them Lowry too just for Min 1st and Wiseman.
    Would have to take Wiggins or Oubre + Wiseman + Chriss

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Would have to take Wiggins or Oubre + Wiseman + Chriss
    I meant I'll give them Siakam, Lowry and Powell for a package with the Minny 1st and Wiseman if you could find a way to get the contracts to work.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Rock and a hard place for me. If you run it back again next year, do you really expect much different results? This team still has glaring needs. We'll be completely capped out. And Lowry will be another year older. If you're going to trade Lowry and Powell, are FVV, Siakam and OG really talented enough to build a contender around? They're top end role players, but not superstar in that group. I feel like in basketball we gravitate too much towards loving the player and what they are capable of, instead of realizing their shortcomings and moving on to make the team better. The best part about this problem, is that I fully trust Bobby and Masai to run through each and every possible scenario and find the best path forward for this team no matter which direction it ultimately is. Either way, keep em or trade em, tomorrow will be a big day for us Raptors fans.
    This team is pretty bad. All these discussions remind me of the Barg days. DW all we need is X player and we'll be good!

How was he the closer lol? Jokic gave him the ball because he was hot but everything ran through Jokic. And lets not act like Jokic didn't hit game winners and daggers too.
    Never acted like jokic didnít hit big shots. Also didnít say anything about jokic being underutilized. They would try the fast break, then toss it down to jokic, then try to get an open shot with ball movement. Then with about 5 seconds on the clock clear it out for Murray.

Itís like your trying to convince me that jokic is good. I already said heís a generational talent. But when Denver needed a basket and they didnít have time to run a play to create one, Murray was the outlet.
    Like what are you even arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Players I'd like to have under contract after tomorrow:

Kyle Lowry
    Norman Powell

I don't care if they stink it up the rest of the year. That just means they will have a pretty darn good player to add to this core for next season when they come back to Toronto.

Powell is better SG than any of Herro, Maxey or Thybulle.

Lowry is the heart of this team/franchise. If he is willing to sign a 2 year 50 million dollar extension with the Raptors, then that is what I would do. Then I would lock Powell up too. We have wing defenders locked up to big deals in OG and Siakam. We have a PG locked up in FVV. If it doesn't work next year then you make some trades for different stars.

I'm not willing to blow up this core because of anything that happens during a season where they play 100% of their games on the road, and deal with this virus. We already know that when they are right, they can play with anyone. ...and every single one of them has lots of basketball left. I say you pay Lowry and Powell what they deserve, then you draft a piece this year that can actually help them.
    Gimme Lowry for Herro, Powell for Bol Bol.

FVV/Herro/OG/Siakam/Bol.
    + our 1st.

Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast