Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    Agreed. Id try and flip Green somewhere for either someone that doesnt expire we could use, or draft capital. Cap space is useless to us, I dont get why people still talk like we can sign anyone significant without losing Powell and Boucher. Id try and use Green and picks to get Lonzo to he back up and occasionally next to FVV. Id trade our 22 pick if theyd take it. Id like to protect picks in this draft if possible.

But anyways point is. Thybulle and two picks is not ridiculous for Lowry. Jrue got three first and swaps.
    Yeah we could then flip him too or use him as a back up to OG if we cant get good enough assets for him.

Personally Im not a big Lonzo fan, I think Flynn will get his chance to be groomed in to that back up role. The other Ball kid is pretty badass though.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think you are vastly overstating the value of Green. And seriously understating the impact of Lowry.. I think Lowry fits what they need as a leader and 2nd primary ball handler and facilitator. Agree to disagree my man.
    It has nothing to do with their value! It was about whether or not Morey is willing to gamble on them figuring things out and developing chemistry two months before playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It has nothing to do with their value! It was about whether or not Morey is willing to gamble on them figuring things out and developing chemistry two months before playoffs.
    Its Daryl Morey. Hed make a trade between playoff rounds if theyd let him.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It has everything to do with impact.

Im not gonna pretend that I know what any GM does. But as I mentioned before Im a rockets fan Ive witnessed Morey make more moves than any other GM or POB during his tenure. He has literally done it all. So timing is not going to stop him from making moves if he sees it as an improvement.

I understand that you think its not a good deal for them and although I dont agree I cant see your side to it. Were just discussing trade ideas. If your adamant that Morey simply wont do the trade for timing purposes then theres really nothing left to discuss. Especially since were on two complete different ends of the spectrum. I talk to the guys in the Philly forum and they seem to think Lowry would be exactly the type of player they need.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    Its Daryl Morey. Hed make a trade between playoff rounds if theyd let him.
    Exactly lol

Quick question. Are there still people saying we should trade Lowry at the TDL or have those people finally woken up to reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Quick question. Are there still people saying we should trade Lowry at the TDL or have those people finally woken up to reality?
    I hope raptors trade him at the TDL. Can't afford to lose him in the free agency for nothing. Raptors aren't going deep in the playoffs unless they make significant moves to improve the team. Then again I am not sure how much interest is there for him. Obviously we wouldn't just give him away. But if there is a first rounder and a player with an upside available, raptors should trade him for sure.

I'm still on the trade Lowry team... not as a reflection of my opinion of his game and impact on our roster, but because I firmly believe he intends to sign with either the Sixers or Clippers this offseason, and I don't want to lose potential assets. We've seen what Ujiri and Bobby can do with assets, so why handcuff them unnecessarily?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I'm still on the trade Lowry team... not as a reflection of my opinion of his game and impact on our roster, but because I firmly believe he intends to sign with either the Sixers or Clippers this offseason, and I don't want to lose potential assets. We've seen what Ujiri and Bobby can do with assets, so why handcuff them unnecessarily?
    +1

looks like Kyle Lowry is one of the people that needs to wake up to reality then lol 😆

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...rs-677926.html

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I hope raptors trade him at the TDL. Can't afford to lose him in the free agency for nothing. Raptors aren't going deep in the playoffs unless they make significant moves to improve the team. Then again I am not sure how much interest is there for him. Obviously we wouldn't just give him away. But if there is a first rounder and a player with an upside available, raptors should trade him for sure.
    +2

To all of those who are still on the trade Lowry bandwagon. Can I get an idea of what you expect in return?

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Can I get a rough idea of the type of pick and type of player you'd expect? I just want to know what you're afraid to miss out on.

Can I get a rough idea of the type of pick and type of player you'd expect? I just want to know what you're afraid to miss out on.
    Read the thread. The last 2 pages have all been about your question.

To all of those who are still on the trade Lowry bandwagon. Can I get an idea of what you expect in return?
    Mid to late 1st rounder in a very exciting draft. Expiring contracts. Recently drafted prospect that still has some ceiling.

Resigning may be an option, but 30 million in cap space could be spent on younger options.

If he wants to stay for the Raptors legacy, then that is fine, but this core got expensive quick and we have traded a lot of young talent and picks the past few years. Time to bring some youth into this culture and cultivate it.

I dont love the idea of 100 million annually on a Lowry/Powell/FVV/Siakam/Anunoby core.

Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast