Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    The charges are dropped but he probably still did it.
    At least he might have trade value now. Think Pistons would take Davis and Baynes for Wright?

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    At least he might have trade value now. Think Pistons would take Davis and Baynes for Wright?
    I think Davis will be in the doghouse with Casey. We still need Baynes anyway. You should ttade Baynes and Davis for a C.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/...-kyle-lowry/2/

At least this proposal has 2 1sts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I saw that one. Probably the best one Iíve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I just donít get Curry being included. Green, Thybulle, Bradley, Ferguson and 2 firsts.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, NBA Analysis trades are usually pretty awful, but that one piqued my interest. Now, I think trading Lowry to the Sixers likely punts on our chance to win the conference this year, if he stays healthy. I think we have a puncher's chance. But it sets us up nicely for the future. I like Curry and Danny Green and Mike Scott offer over $20 million in salary relief this offseason for Powell, or a center, etc. Add the two first rounders, and I genuinely think its the best trade idea for the Raptors I've seen floating out there.

If Porzingis is "quietly being shopped"......what about a 3 way deal :

To Tor:
    Porzingis, Philly 2021/23 1st round pick

To Dallas:
    Seth Curry, Danny Green, Mike Scott, Philly 2021/23 1st round pick

To Philly:
    Lowry, Raptors 2023 and 2025 2nd round picks

Let Dallas take the role players and get a locked up Porzingis along with a 1st round pick. Dallas can take first pick of the 21 and 23 first rounders from Philly, and we will get the other one.

I can't imagine a better fit for this team than a 25 year old 7'3 Porzingis. Lowry doesn't have to retire a Raptor to have his number retired and raised above the court for as long as the Raptors exist. Heck, if he wants to he could take an exception type deal to come back and try to win some more titles here

I know Philly would have a foolish defensive starting 5 too with Lowry, Thybule/Milton/Ferguson, Harris, Simmons and Embiid, and I know it would also be incredibly weird if they faced Lowry in the playoffs this year. However, just think how good this team could be (on both sides of the ball) for the next several years:

FVV/Bembry
    Powell/Davis
    OG/Johnson
    Siakam/Boucher
    Porzingis/Baynes

A starting 5 where any one of them can drop 30 on you, everyone other than Powell is locked up long term, and no starter is currently older than 27!

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

To Tor:

To Dallas:

To Philly:

Let Dallas take the role players and get a locked up Porzingis along with a 1st round pick. Dallas can take first pick of the 21 and 23 first rounders from Philly, and we will get the other one.

I can't imagine a better fit for this team than a 25 year old 7'3 Porzingis. Lowry doesn't have to retire a Raptor to have his number retired and raised above the court for as long as the Raptors exist. Heck, if he wants to he could take an exception type deal to come back and try to win some more titles here

I know Philly would have a foolish defensive starting 5 too with Lowry, Thybule/Milton/Ferguson, Harris, Simmons and Embiid, and I know it would also be incredibly weird if they faced Lowry in the playoffs this year. However, just think how good this team could be (on both sides of the ball) for the next several years:

FVV/Bembry
    Powell/Davis
    OG/Johnson
    Siakam/Boucher
    Porzingis/Baynes

A starting 5 where any one of them can drop 30 on you, everyone other than Powell is locked up long term, and no starter is currently older than 27!
    Youíre dreaming. I donít think Lowry gets the porgz by himself, never mind with 1sts.

They're not going to give up their top 2 3pt threats for Lowry.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-23-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    I just donít get Curry being included. Green, Thybulle, Bradley, Ferguson and 2 firsts.

Green and Currys salaries would have to be included to make salaries closer to matching. Or you can swap out Curry for Scott (will be their preference.

Green, Curry, Bradley, Thybulle = 29.3 mill

Lowry = 30 mill

I would do that trade with a pick because all 4 players can be in the rotation. I donít think Morey would give up two first rounders for an expiring Lowry either. But I think one pick with that combination of players could suffice.

- Curry and Green will be depth pieces and you can never have enough shooting. Plus we kinda have to take them to make the deal work. Green is an expiring contract anyways and Curry is good value at 7 mill a year.

- Thybulle is under a very good, and team friendly contract for another 2 years after this one. And is a good young prospect that can def contribute right away.

- Bradley is the piece that we can use most at the 5. He is young and can be groomed in our system and I think could become a very serviceable C which we could use right away. He would alleviate Baynes from playing so many mins and hopefully that takes some pressure off of Baynes which could result to better production in a lessor role.

And then we get another pick in this draft which is suppose to be a deep one and we could possibly package it with our own pick to move up in the draft.

I actually think this deal would help us this season and in the off season.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-23-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

To Tor:

To Dallas:

To Philly:

FVV/Bembry
    Powell/Davis
    OG/Johnson
    Siakam/Boucher
    Porzingis/Baynes

KP can not stay healthy. Look how many games heís played in each season heís been in the league

His defence has been really bad this year

Heís very close to becoming Bargnani 2.0

There is only one effective 7 foot shooting guard and that is Kevin Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Then we swap out Curry for Scott and they absorb an additional 3 mill.

If they want to make a deal with out including Simmons/Embiid/Harris then theyíll understand theyíll need to send out some salary to take back $30 mill.

Thybulle, Bradley, Green, & Scott + a first round pick = $26.5 mill (Scott & Green are expiring)

for Lowry = $30 mill

That might work?

I think Bradley and Thybulle are two young prospects that can thrive in our system, and Green gives us another 3&D guy on the perimeter. Scott is just a depth piece. But the pick can help us move up in the draft and that intrigues me.

I figure weíve won 16 games with out Lowry and we really need depth at the C position. This isnít the sexiest deal, but it could be good value for an expiring contract player who may just leave in 6 months. As much as I love Lowry, if his tenure here is ending anyways I think we should get ourselves some assets if we can.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Maybe include Thomas going back?

If Porzi is available, I would try to find a deal.

Maybe easier in the offseason.

Morey isn't going to do that deal. He's not going to take out two important rotation guys and **** up their chemistry and identity, just to add Lowry, especially in a shortened season. It undermines the whole purpose of the trade to begin with, which is to make a championship push. The Sixers are clicking and are on a roll. If they were struggling, then it would be more likely for them to blow it up and do something drastic.

If he does a deal, it would be more likely for him to find a third team to help match salaries and send out a bunch of young talent like Maxey, Thybulle etc.
    Last edited by ecart; 02-23-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast