Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Not sure your idea fits in the "remotely possible" definition.
    Me neither..but I did say it was a crazy idea. No way Philly is trading Simmons for a rental when they are #1 in the East and still getting better. They thought about sending him and picks for Harden, so maybe they would trade for another all star PG to go with Embiid this year and some 1st round picks?

I know they wouldn't, but we arent trading Kyle for seth curry and the 28th overall pick either.

I still hope he and Masai are brought back , but you cant lose him for nothing and let him walk away like Serge and Gasol. If all they can get is Seth Curry and a pick than than is better than nothing. I just think two defensive minded shooters like Morris and Beverly would fit our system and style perfectly as role players around FVV and Siakam more than the offensive minded Curry..and we would also upgrade at the 5. It wouldn't be a win this season trade, but they would be instantly better overall and built to improve even more internally the next couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Because he won't be the leader of whatever team he goes to. That's why he won't be leaving.
    Sure he would, he would be one of the veteran leaders with championship pedigree. That would be the case on any team heís on. There could be several leaders on one team.

Flynn is headed to the Bubble (..along with Harris).

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Flynn is headed to the Bubble (..along with Harris).
    Probably a wise idea. He needs playing time. He appears to timid out there in his brief stints.

4 Team. Looks lopsided for the Raptors but Iím having a hard time thinking why others say no.

TO Ball, Drummond, Thybulle, Bradley, Phi 1st 2023
    PHI Lowry
    NO Green, Ferguson, Phi 1st 2021, NYK 2nd 2021
    CLE Reddick, Baynes, Davis

Lowry for Green, Thybulle, Bradley, Ferguson Phi 1st 21,23 NYK 2nd 2021
    Much better return for Drummond than they gave up. Gives Allen playing time.
    Pelicans need a wing and picks
    Raptors can try and resign Ball and Drummond but at least get Thybulle and Pick worst case.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    4 Team. Looks lopsided for the Raptors but Iím having a hard time thinking why others say no.

TO Ball, Drummond, Thybulle, Bradley, Phi 1st 2023
    PHI Lowry
    NO Green, Ferguson, Phi 1st 2021, NYK 2nd 2021
    CLE Reddick, Baynes, Davis

Lowry for Green, Thybulle, Bradley, Ferguson Phi 1st 21,23 NYK 2nd 2021
    Much better return for Drummond than they gave up. Gives Allen playing time.
    Pelicans need a wing and picks
    Raptors can try and resign Ball and Drummond but at least get Thybulle and Pick worst case.
    Lonzo sucks, also FVV is our pg for the future and Flynn will be groomed as his back up. I think weíre set for the position.

Drummond would be a nice fit but he costs way to much and is a rental. Iíd stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lonzo sucks, also FVV is our pg for the future and Flynn will be groomed as his back up. I think weíre set for the position.

Drummond would be a nice fit but he costs way to much and is a rental. Iíd stay away.
    Ball would be a backup but could also come in and play next to Fred. It would be nice to have a taller playmaker to be on the court with FVV.

Trading for Drummond gives you a chance to workout a reasonable extension. Iím not even a big fan but I think on a reasonable contract heís a good combo with Boucher. Gives us someone against big bodies.

Really itís about Thybulle and the pick though. And adding a couple assets we could potentially resign.

What if itís simply

TO - Lowry
    PHI - Green, Thybulle, Bradley, Ferguson, Phi 1st 21,23

Then
    TO - Davis, Baynes
    ORL - Bamba, Carter-Williams

Hoping their need for a guard might be able to to entice them to give up Bamba. He either figures it out here, or we tank a bit in a good draft year. We need a larger ballhandler in Carter-Williams and get rid of Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 Level View Post
    What if itís simply

TO - Lowry
    PHI - Green, Thybulle, Bradley, Ferguson, Phi 1st 21,23

Then
    TO - Davis, Baynes
    ORL - Bamba, Carter-Williams

Hoping their need for a guard might be able to to entice them to give up Bamba. He either figures it out here, or we tank a bit in a good draft year. We need a larger ballhandler in Carter-Williams and get rid of Davis.
    It's not a sexy deal, but probably the type of Lowry deal that could be possible. I'm fine with it, but all this winning makes it less likely .

Who says no?

Lowry, Harris, Thomas, Davis

for

Okongwu, Rondo, Snell (expiring), Hill (expiring), Hawks 2021 1st rounder.

like rjohnson said we should of gotten Jarret and Taurean for a 1st and salary filler.

Then sign Dipo in the offseason. Reup Lowry.

Team would have a nice collection of assets. They could then probably trade Pascal and Powell for roster upgrades and specific depth.

Rose only got the 40th pick in this years draft. Seems GMís are valuing this draft appropriately. Unfortunately.

Maybe I should start being more open to a late 1st for Lowry. But if want more.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    like rjohnson said we should of gotten Jarret and Taurean for a 1st and salary filler.

Then sign Dipo in the offseason. Reup Lowry.

Team would have a nice collection of assets. They could then probably trade Pascal and Powell for roster upgrades and specific depth.
    Yea, we're sitting around 25-30 million in cap space IF we don't pick up Boucher's option, Powell opts out of his deal AND we renounce Lowry's bird rights. How exactly are you signing Oladipo and bringing Lowry back under the cap?

Lowry's cap hold counts as 40 million against the cap unless we renounce his rights. If we want to resign him, we don't have cap space.

That math doesn't include the 15 million going to Prince/Allen in yours scenario either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Rose only got the 40th pick in this years draft. Seems GMís are valuing this draft appropriately. Unfortunately.

Maybe I should start being more open to a late 1st for Lowry. But if want more.
    We should always want more, but we should assume professionally paid scouts are very aware of the quality of this draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    We should always want more, but we should assume professionally paid scouts are very aware of the quality of this draft class.
    And hopefully the quality of Lowry to a winning club.

Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast