Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1392
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I'm not totally against that, although I don't know when that 1st would exist, as I believe the next 1st rounder they can trade is in 2028. I guess you could play the long game and hope the Clippers crash between now and then and the 2028 pick turns into a top lotto pick.
    Yeah, the short term "draft pick" compensation would be Oturu, who we passed over in this year's draft for Flynn, but getting 3 capable players in Morris, Beverly and Zubac for him for multiple years means you don't get much.

    That could be another trade like the Rudy Gay trade that makes the team better even though we trade the best player in the deal.

    Morris is solid 3 and D player shooting over 44% from deep this year, and over 40% from deep last year. Beverly (who for some reason I thought couldn't shoot before looking it up) is actually a very good 3pt shooter for the last 6 years and a very good defender. Zubac doesn't shoot the 3, but he is a 23 year old 7'0 center who is shooting almost 70% from the field and 84% from the FT line. Despite not shooting the 3, his offensive rating per 100 possessions is 141 this year, after posting a 134 last year. He and Oturu would be two nice young big bodies to add to this core and develop in our system.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I'm not totally against that, although I don't know when that 1st would exist, as I believe the next 1st rounder they can trade is in 2028. I guess you could play the long game and hope the Clippers crash between now and then and the 2028 pick turns into a top lotto pick.
    Iím totally against it lol

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    315
    I saw an interesting trade in Raptors' Rapture today for Lowry to the Sixers. Sixers receive Lowry, Raptors receive Seth Curry, Danny Green, Tony Bradley and a 2021 1st Rounder. I like that more than the proposed Clippers trade. I think Seth Curry is better than anyone in the Clippers' package, the rest of the salaries are shed this offseason, and the first is redeemed much quicker.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,196
    I think I would ask for 2 firsts or at least a pick swap. Not bad though.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I saw an interesting trade in Raptors' Rapture today for Lowry to the Sixers. Sixers receive Lowry, Raptors receive Seth Curry, Danny Green, Tony Bradley and a 2021 1st Rounder. I like that more than the proposed Clippers trade. I think Seth Curry is better than anyone in the Clippers' package, the rest of the salaries are shed this offseason, and the first is redeemed much quicker.
    They wouldnít give up Curry, it makes no sense for them. Thybulle, Green, Bradley, Ferguson, 2021,23 first rounders makes the most sense for both.

    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Hereís a wild one:

    Simmons, Harris, Thybulle = 65.7 mill

    For

    Lowry, Siakam, McCaw = $63 mill if need be we can include Thomas to make salaries match


    Harris (28) is much younger than Lowry (34) and Simmons (24) is a couple years younger than Siakam (26), along with Thybulle whoís under contract for the next 3 years on a very cheap contract. I think this opens our window up and we rebuild the team around FVV/Simmons with nice pieces in place to put around them in OG, Harris, Powell, Boucher, Flynn, Davis etc. I think thatís a nice squad that can develop in to a nice little playoff contender in the east.

    We would still need to address our issue at the 5.

    This would also make a ton of sense for the 76ers. First of all they get the home town guy in Lowry but more importantly they get a leader, a guy that can lead them in the post season. Secondly they get to pair Embiid up with his Cameroonian brother Siakam who would compliment his skill set very well in the front court. And then thereís the familiarity with Danny Green who won a ship with Lowry & Siakam as well. I think this would make Philly a more well rounded team and better equipped for the post season.

    Lowry
    Curry
    Green
    Siakam
    Embid
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-03-2021 at 04:52 PM.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Hereís a wild one:

    Simmons, Harris, Thybulle = 65.7 mill

    For

    Lowry, Siakam, McCaw = $63 mill if need be we can include Thomas to make salaries match


    Harris (28) is much younger than Lowry (34) and Simmons (24) is a couple years younger than Siakam (26), along with Thybulle whoís under contract for the next 3 years on a very cheap contract. I think this opens our window up and we rebuild the team around FVV/Simmons with nice pieces in place to put around them in OG, Harris, Powell, Boucher, Flynn, Davis etc. I think thatís a nice squad that can develop in to a nice little playoff contender in the east.

    We would still need to address our issue at the 5.
    I would rather be paying Siakam a max over both Simmons and Harris.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I would rather be paying Siakam a max over both Simmons and Harris.
    Simmons/Harris > Siakam alone, because I think Lowry will sign with a contender in the off-season if we donít trade him.

    The way I see it is we would be building the team around FVV/Simmons with a supporting cast of OG, Harris, Powell, Boucher, Davis, Thybulle, Flynn. That opens up our windows about 5-6 years to compete.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-03-2021 at 05:00 PM.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,558
    Why not get more crazy and offer Lowry and picks to Philly for Simmons. If we want to beat Brooklyn, I cant think of a better way to defend them than with Fred, OG, Siakam and Simmons.

    (None that are remotely possible anyway..lol)

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Yeah, the short term "draft pick" compensation would be Oturu, who we passed over in this year's draft for Flynn, but getting 3 capable players in Morris, Beverly and Zubac for him for multiple years means you don't get much.

    That could be another trade like the Rudy Gay trade that makes the team better even though we trade the best player in the deal.

    Morris is solid 3 and D player shooting over 44% from deep this year, and over 40% from deep last year. Beverly (who for some reason I thought couldn't shoot before looking it up) is actually a very good 3pt shooter for the last 6 years and a very good defender. Zubac doesn't shoot the 3, but he is a 23 year old 7'0 center who is shooting almost 70% from the field and 84% from the FT line. Despite not shooting the 3, his offensive rating per 100 possessions is 141 this year, after posting a 134 last year. He and Oturu would be two nice young big bodies to add to this core and develop in our system.
    I just donít think Beverly or Morris would move the needle at all, and they donít do anything for the future which is where we should be looking if we move Lowry IMO. If the idea is to try and win now, I donít think there are many players available via trade that would do more to help us win right now than Kyle himself. So if you trade him you def have to be doing it for the future.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why not get more crazy and offer Lowry and picks to Philly for Simmons. If we want to beat Brooklyn, I cant think of a better way to defend them than with Fred, OG, Siakam and Simmons.

    (None that are remotely possible anyway..lol)
    As much as I love Lowry, we gotta be realistic about the fact that heís turning 35 next month. If we can somehow get a 24 year old Simmons back for him Iíd be estatic.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Simmons/Harris > Siakam alone, because I think Lowry will sign with a contender in the off-season if we donít trade him.

    The way I see it is we would be building the team around FVV/Simmons with a supporting cast of OG, Harris, Powell, Boucher, Davis, Thybulle, Flynn. That opens up our windows about 5-6 years to compete.
    I don't like it. Siakam + ??? is much more enticing than Simmons + Harris as the 2 max deals on the team.

    Lowry isn't going anywhere. Yeah it makes sense to trade him to build for the future but he's the heart and soul of this team. He's also still a really good basketball player who can help the team win games. This team is a big man away from being a contender in the East. John Collins is as good as gone in ATL and Jarrett Allen might be available in the off-season. I'd throw a max at Collins.

    Collins + Siakam >>>>>>>> Simmons + Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,034
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't like it. Siakam + ??? is much more enticing than Simmons + Harris as the 2 max deals on the team.

    Lowry isn't going anywhere. Yeah it makes sense to trade him to build for the future but he's the heart and soul of this team. He's also still a really good basketball player who can help the team win games. This team is a big man away from being a contender in the East. John Collins is as good as gone in ATL and Jarrett Allen might be available in the off-season. I'd throw a max at Collins.

    Collins + Siakam >>>>>>>> Simmons + Harris
    I have much less faith in our ability to land free agents.

    I love Lowry too but the ship is sailing. The fact that he can still play is a strong indicator that he will join a legit contender and I wont blame him. If I was him Iíd easily be joining a team like the Lakers or Clippers for the final few years of my career. They can give him a starting role, and a chance to be a key part of another championship, why on earth wouldnít he do that? Heíll still be celebrated here, he will still have his jersey retired, he will still be acknowledged as the best raptor ever. I donít see any reason as to why he would stay.. also if we did keep him for another year or two we would just be stalling the inevitable.

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,139
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I have much less faith in our ability to land free agents.

    I love Lowry too but the ship is sailing. The fact that he can still play is a strong indicator that he will join a legit contender and I wont blame him. If I was him Iíd easily be joining a team like the Lakers or Clippers for the final few years of my career. They can give him a starting role, and a chance to be a key part of another championship, why on earth wouldnít he do that? Heíll still be celebrated here, he will still have his jersey retired, he will still be acknowledged as the best raptor ever. I donít see any reason as to why he would stay.. also if we did keep him for another year or two we would just be stalling the inevitable.
    Because he won't be the leader of whatever team he goes to. That's why he won't be leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,016
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why not get more crazy and offer Lowry and picks to Philly for Simmons. If we want to beat Brooklyn, I cant think of a better way to defend them than with Fred, OG, Siakam and Simmons.

    (None that are remotely possible anyway..lol)
    Not sure your idea fits in the "remotely possible" definition.

Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •