Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Hard to see us finishing bottom 5. I wouldnít want them to intentionally lose. Trading Powell and Lowry at some point should be a consideration at this pace though.
    Yeah thatís what I mean. You donít throw games, but trading those studs would have us on the path to a quick turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah thatís what I mean. You donít throw games, but trading those studs would have us on the path to a quick turn around.
    The system has changed. Being the worst team doesnít give you much of a better chance at a top pick. For example if you are dead last you have a 50% chance of winning the lottery. If your 4th last you have a 48% chance. So losing games no longer give you the edge. This was put in place to combat tanking.

Also thereís a play in tourney for the playoffs. Teams can now sneak in to the playoffs with out being in the top 8 so that gives more reason for teams to try and compete.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The system has changed. Being the worst team doesnít give you much of a better chance at a top pick. For example if you are dead last you have a 50% chance of winning the lottery. If your 4th last you have a 48% chance. So losing games no longer give you the edge. This was put in place to combat tanking.

Also thereís a play in tourney for the playoffs. Teams can now sneak in to the playoffs with out being in the top 8 so that gives more reason for teams to try and compete.
    Well you still have a better chance the worse your record. And imo we donít even need to win the lottery. I just want a top 5 pick. I trust Masai to get the most out of it.

Well you still have a better chance the worse your record. And imo we donít even need to win the lottery. I just want a top 5 pick. I trust Masai to get the most out of it.
    2% better chance isnít enough incentive, I think you still have the Sam Hinkie tactic in mind. The league is doing everything it can to get away from teams benefiting from losing. I personally agree with you that we should sell and rebuild it just sucks that the league has implemented all this stuff making it much more difficult to do so.

Masai may not be here... brace yourself.

2% better chance isnít enough incentive, I think you still have the Sam Hinkie tactic in mind. The league is doing everything it can to get away from teams benefiting from losing. I personally agree with you that we should sell and rebuild it just sucks that the league has implemented all this stuff making it much more difficult to do so.

Top 5 pick would be determined through lottery, so it will be what it is on that. There are 5 really exciting prospects that make the current consensus Top 5 though .

It is a draft with lots of other talent that could be found through early-mid round. Guys like Keon Johnson, Bassey, Barnes, Moody, Bouknight, Ziaire, Kispert, Jalen Johnson... its pretty exciting. I'd love to see us get additional picks for this one.

Thatís worst to 2nd worst. What is the difference between worst and 10th worst?

Thatís worst to 2nd worst. What is the difference between worst and 10th worst?
    Worst has a 14% chance at #1, a 40.1% chance at top 3 and a 100% chance at being in the top 5.

10th worst has 3% chance at #1, a 9.9% chance at top 3, a 13.9% chance at top 5 and a 79.8% chance at top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Worst has a 14% chance at #1, a 40.1% chance at top 3 and a 100% chance at being in the top 5.

10th worst has 3% chance at #1, a 9.9% chance at top 3, a 13.9% chance at top 5 and a 79.8% chance at top 10.
    Thanks. Anything to increase that top 5 chance works for me.

I've seen some deals thrown around about Lowry heading out of town. I want him to retire a Raptor now. My feelings have changed. Only way I'm dealing him is if he asks to have a shot at another ring. And then there has to be 1st rounders coming back.

I don't think he retires as a Raptor but I don't wanna trade him. He's earned to leave on his own terms. I'll give him like a 2 year, $60 mil contract next offseason and if he decides to go somewhere else, I wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I don't think he retires as a Raptor but I don't wanna trade him. He's earned to leave on his own terms. I'll give him like a 2 year, $60 mil contract next offseason and if he decides to go somewhere else, I wouldn't complain.
    While I agree with the sentiment, the problem is that if he leaves on his own terms, that means no assets are gained from his departure. I think they sit Lowry down and get a list of teams he'd want to go chase a ring with and work a deal out to send him there. I don't want to do him dirty, but I don't want to unnecessarily harm the franchise's future either.

Yea Im usually big on trading guys but for Lowry, Ill allow it. Ultimately if he demands a trade Ill lrt it happen too. I do think we are a playoff team this year so dont think he'll be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Yea Im usually big on trading guys but for Lowry, Ill allow it. Ultimately if he demands a trade Ill lrt it happen too. I do think we are a playoff team this year so dont think he'll be traded.
    Philly is the one place it wouldnít hurt me to see him play.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

To Clippers:
    Lowry
    Baynes
    Thomas

To Raptors:
    Morris
    Beverly
    Zubac
    Oturu
    Future 1st

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    To Clippers:
    Lowry
    Baynes
    Thomas

To Raptors:
    Morris
    Beverly
    Zubac
    Oturu
    Future 1st
    I'm not totally against that, although I don't know when that 1st would exist, as I believe the next 1st rounder they can trade is in 2028. I guess you could play the long game and hope the Clippers crash between now and then and the 2028 pick turns into a top lotto pick.

Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast