Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 356 of 359 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 5374
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím gonna say no, because I donít think another piece similar to what we already have is going to have a huge impact. I think you consider adding a championship level piece, or Iíd rather just keep trusting the process. Iím so impressed with this team. Even that loss to Dallas left me with a lot of confidence.

A somewhat lateral move that I would consider is moving FVV for someone who fits the 6í9Ē vision. So to revisit your question I would consider moving FVV for a guy like that.
    I agree with your first paragraph. As for the 2nd one, Iíd rather keep Freddy.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I agree with your first paragraph. As for the 2nd one, Iíd rather keep Freddy.
    Wouldnít it depend on who that player is? If that player is not a big Pg then we would be going balls deep on barnes/siakam/Banton as PG and I think it could work.

Can someone open the around the nba thread again? Think it was closed by accident.

Wouldnít it depend on who that player is? If that player is not a big Pg then we would be going balls deep on barnes/siakam/Banton as PG and I think it could work.
    Ye def not Keldon Johnson

Also I think you still need someone to guard the ultra quick smaller guards.

Can someone open the around the nba thread again? Think it was closed by accident.
    Done

Ye def not Keldon Johnson

Also I think you still need someone to guard the ultra quick smaller guards.
    Problem is no one can do that. FVV trys, and he is a pest. But he has difficulty staying in front of those guards too. Might be easier to just throw length at them and have a scheme that is ready to defend the penetration? I donít know, Iím sure ecart will tell me that is crazy talk lol.

FVV is super overrated when it comes to that. He hasn't been able to do that since guarding Steph in the finals. He's a very good help defender though.

Problem is no one can do that. FVV trys, and he is a pest. But he has difficulty staying in front of those guards too. Might be easier to just throw length at them and have a scheme that is ready to defend the penetration? I donít know, Iím sure ecart will tell me that is crazy talk lol.
    Why is that crazy talk? I don't even think it is something you prioritize. How many small guards in the NBA are there? How many can kill you? Steph is literally the only "small" guy that is active enough off ball to warrant having a small guy out there to finesse screens. It wasn't like Fred had insane lateral quickness or anything to keep up. It was just easier for him to slip through screens.

We've never done anything special. We just rely on team defense and collapse on dribble penetration. Even in the finals, it was all team defense.

More worried about guys like Luka. Nurse threw everything we had and Luka read and dissected it all.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-17-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Why is that crazy talk? I don't even think it is something you prioritize. How many small guards in the NBA are there? How many can kill you? Steph is literally the only "small" guy that is active enough off ball to warrant having a small guy out there to finesse screens. It wasn't like Fred had insane lateral quickness or anything to keep up. It was just easier for him to slip through screens.

We've never done anything special. We just rely on team defense and collapse on dribble penetration. Even in the finals, it was all team defense.

More worried about guys like Luka. Nurse threw everything we had and Luka read and dissected it all.
    Ok yeah we are very much on the same page with the vision.

I will add that the team looks a lot better with FVV on the floor than without him. Siakam fills the void, but this team is pretty terrible without either of them. I came into the season feeling that we didnít need FVV, but what I have seen from him this season is some really good leadership and more of that Lowry style old school PG. was hitting some floaters vs the heat too even though it wasnít a good shooting night for him. Heís gotten really good at plying a 2 man game to get himself open shots off the assist. Very handy with siakam who will find him.

Feels like siakam is our PG1, and FVV is SG1 or PG2. As long as one of them are on the court then our offence can be passable.

So basically Iím not FVVís biggest fan, I often criticize is fit into the vision, and I can imagine a future without him.

But, Iíve been happy and impressed with him this season. Heís certainly made some small improvements that I was certainly hoping to see.

Ok yeah we are very much on the same page with the vision.

I will add that the team looks a lot better with FVV on the floor than without him. Siakam fills the void, but this team is pretty terrible without either of them. I came into the season feeling that we didnít need FVV, but what I have seen from him this season is some really good leadership and more of that Lowry style old school PG. was hitting some floaters vs the heat too even though it wasnít a good shooting night for him. Heís gotten really good at plying a 2 man game to get himself open shots off the assist. Very handy with siakam who will find him.

Feels like siakam is our PG1, and FVV is SG1 or PG2. As long as one of them are on the court then our offence can be passable.
    ofc this is a lottery team without either one of them. not trading him for nothing.

meh, he'll have games. we're going nowhere with him in the playoffs.

Curry, Trae Young, Morant, Fox etc Ö not saying Freddy is all nba defender but you donít want 6í9 guys chasing players like that all game. I still think you need some diversity in the line up.

Curry, Trae Young, Morant, Fox etc Ö not saying Freddy is all nba defender but you donít want 6í9 guys chasing players like that all game. I still think you need some diversity in the line up.
    They don't move like Curry. Others are easier to defend because they're more static.

ofc this is a lottery team without either one of them. not trading him for nothing.

meh, he'll have games. we're going nowhere with him in the playoffs.
    Just a reminder that FVV played a key role in our championship run. I donít think we win without him. Imo he was our finals mvp.

Feels like someone saying ďyou canít win a championship with siakam on the floorĒ when, like, we already know thatís not valid.

Blockbuster trade package that I would do if I'm the Raptors

OKC Thunder receive: OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr, Malachi Flynn, 2023 and 2025 1st round pick swaps

Toronto Raptors receive: Shai Gilgeous Alexander

New look Raptors

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Shai Gilgeous Alexander
    SF- Scottie Barnes
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Precious Achiuwa

Big 3 in Toronto with All Stars VanVleet, SGA and Siakam plus SGA is a hometown product of Toronto so he gets to go home

Plus with Barnes has a potential to be a Big 4 in the East

New look Thunder

PG- Josh Giddey
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Lu Dort
    C- Chet Holmgren

OKC also get better with youth and experience

OG or Trent Jr easily can become All Star caliber players in OKC especially as a de facto #1 option