Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198
Results 2,956 to 2,967 of 2967
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'm not concerned about depth in the backcourt per se, just readiness of that depth. Last year they spent their first round pick on a PG prospect (who was among the best PG's in college and pretty ready to contribute right away). This year, all 3 of their picks were players that played PG for their college teams last year. It is unconventional PG play and they certainly aren't all ready, but for a development year, there is no shortage of bodies to play the role. FVV has always been the heir apparent, even in Lowry's eyes (he has said as much publicly), and they acquired a veteran PG (Dragic) who is still an NBA rotation player.

I specifically just were about the balance of FVV and GTJ on the floor together. Both struggle to finish at the rim and create for teammates. I prefer the lineup be constructed in a way that separates their time on the floor a bit.
    I think that's why they want our bigs to initiate the offense. So guys like FVV and GTJ can just run to their spots. Nobody in our backcourt can call their own number efficiently but they're pretty darn good when they're set.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think that's why they want our bigs to initiate the offense. So guys like FVV and GTJ can just run to their spots. Nobody in our backcourt can call their own number efficiently but they're pretty darn good when they're set.
    Definitely. When they defend well and get out in transition, it looks like that strategy will work really nicely. Once we get passed the first 10 seconds in the shot clock though, I'm worried we'll see a lot of passing around the perimeter and forcing up bad contested shots. I imagine teams will pick up what we are trying to do pretty quickly. Given time in the halfcourt, they'll adjust, but the transition strategy should work really well.

This team should thrive in chaos. Hopefully they have enough disruptors to create ample opportunities for it. Monday's pre-season game was wonderfully chaotic .

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Definitely. When they defend well and get out in transition, it looks like that strategy will work really nicely. Once we get passed the first 10 seconds in the shot clock though, I'm worried we'll see a lot of passing around the perimeter and forcing up bad contested shots. I imagine teams will pick up what we are trying to do pretty quickly. Given time in the halfcourt, they'll adjust, but the transition strategy should work really well.

This team should thrive in chaos. Hopefully they have enough disruptors to create ample opportunities for it. Monday's pre-season game was wonderfully chaotic .
    The hope is that it looks a lot different with siakam on the floor. He can create a bit, and if doubled he will find the open man. Also looks like they’re trying to develop OG into an iso option. Extremely curious how that looks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    The hope is that it looks a lot different with siakam on the floor. He can create a bit, and if doubled he will find the open man. Also looks like they’re trying to develop OG into an iso option. Extremely curious how that looks.
    OG ain't doin much on that iso option like come on. If OG develops a more consistent jumper and also more of a three point shot, then could he be in the conversation for Most Improved? Yeah sure. Defensively he is one of the top guys in the league. Offensively, he has a lot of work to do to even be considered in that conversation. His numbers in PPG would have to go up from where he was a year ago into the 20 plus PPG area per game on a daily basis to even be considered for that award.

Now could he be an All Star some day? Of course

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    OG ain't doin much on that iso option like come on. If OG develops a more consistent jumper and also more of a three point shot, then could he be in the conversation for Most Improved? Yeah sure. Defensively he is one of the top guys in the league. Offensively, he has a lot of work to do to even be considered in that conversation. His numbers in PPG would have to go up from where he was a year ago into the 20 plus PPG area per game on a daily basis to even be considered for that award.

Well OG getting most improved is a vastly different conversation than what I was talking about.

Looks like we waived Freddie G, as expected. He sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post

Hes shooting 40% on 6.1 3 pointer attempts per game. 48% from the field. Whats wrong with his shot?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Hes shooting 40% on 6.1 3 pointer attempts per game. 48% from the field. Whats wrong with his shot?
    Nothing is wrong with his shot. Just needs to continue developing his handles imo.

Flynn might be able to teach OG a little something about little moves to create space. Really been impressed with the little guy this year. That move where he took kispert to the basket, faked the pass mid air and then rolled it around for the lay up… once I noticed the fake pass mixed in there my jaw dropped. And you can see him constantly looking for the defence to make a minor error so he can exploit it. Defender takes one wrong step and he’s already half way through his move to get by him.

If OG adds a bit of that with some more natural looking handles then watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nothing is wrong with his shot. Just needs to continue developing his handles imo.
    oh I know, I just want to see where he is getting this garbage info from lol. .

once scottie improves his dribble hes gonna be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    once scottie improves his dribble hes gonna be a problem
    100%