Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thats a good lookin lineup. Iv always like heild. Sacramento also has always had good lookin centres but never enough playing time to go around. Holems would be a good add.
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Norm, Baynes, Stan J, McCaw, and a first round pick for Buddy Hield and Holms

Hield has a front loaded contract that decreases every season. Heís a really good shooter and can start for us at the two. Holms slides in perfectly at the 5.

Lowry/Flynn
    Hield/FVV6th/Thomas
    OG/Bembry/Davis
    Siakam/Boucher (7th)
    Holms/Len

FVV & Boucher would essentially get starter mins as our 6/7th man in the rotation. Flynn would get some burn. And we can use Davis/Thomas/Bembry/Len sparingly based on match ups.

Davis hasnít looked the same. I dunno if itís the short leash, the inconsistent playing time or what, but I would have thought he has all the opportunity in the world to break out but Nurse doesnít seem to want to give him a steady role this year. Which is frustrating, heís one of our top prospects.
    I'd like to know what he has done to get put in the defensive dog house. It wasn't anything in a game, he played just 2 minutes over the first three games ( ...all losses), and then played 17 minutes in the teams first win..

They had one of the best defenses in the league , so he obviously wasn't hurting their D last year. I find it hard to believe he forgot how to play their team D in the shortest off season ever. I wonder if they have made some tweaks to how they want to do things now and he cant stop doing things the old way or something..

Whatever it is, just like Boucher the kid needs to play to keep developing. Both Lowry and Powell could both be gone next year. Heck, they could both be gone next month before the deadline.

Yeah he waited to long and ended up with Baynes lol ... Sleepin
    Imo the only big FA that could have saved our season was Wood. He would have formed a good big rotation with siakam and boucher.

Other than wood, this was always going to be transition year.

Norm, Baynes, Stan J, McCaw, and a first round pick for Buddy Hield and Holms

Hield has a front loaded contract that decreases every season. Heís a really good shooter and can start for us at the two. Holms slides in perfectly at the 5.

Lowry/Flynn
    Hield/FVV6th/Thomas
    OG/Bembry/Davis
    Siakam/Boucher (7th)
    Holms/Len

FVV & Boucher would essentially get starter mins as our 6/7th man in the rotation. Flynn would get some burn. And we can use Davis/Thomas/Bembry/Len sparingly based on match ups.
    Itís all about when that 1st is. Not this seasons.
    End of the day, I would rather acquire a 1st then send one out at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Imo the only big FA that could have saved our season was Wood. He would have formed a good big rotation with siakam and boucher.

Other than wood, this was always going to be transition year.
    With FVV/Siakam in their prime and Og entering his I think this team is built to compete now. So depends on what you mean by transitional because if we had a better front court chances are weíre still in the top 5 of the east.

Wood woulda been a good get I agree. But itís not all doom and gloom I think we can easily trade for an upgrade at the 5

With FVV/Siakam in their prime and Og entering his I think this team is built to compete now. So depends on what you mean by transitional because if we had a better front court chances are weíre still in the top 5 of the east.

Wood woulda been a good get I agree. But itís not all doom and gloom I think we can easily trade for an upgrade at the 5
    The ball movement weíve seen lately has me a little concerned that what Iím about to say will come back to bite me in the ***...
    But I donít think this team is a contender with a decent (average) starting C.

We still lack a closer. I say this is a transition year because we should be looking at ways to add that missing piece. Either through the draft with a top 5 pick, or by packaging our pick in the offseason.

The ball movement weíve seen lately has me a little concerned that what Iím about to say will come back to bite me in the ***...
    But I donít think this team is a contender with a decent (average) starting C.

We still lack a closer. I say this is a transition year because we should be looking at ways to add that missing piece. Either through the draft with a top 5 pick, or by packaging our pick in the offseason.
    Some teams go years if not decades before they find that piece. What exactly is a closer? Someone who can run isolation plays to close out a game? Was Demar as closer? Or are you very specifically talking about a super star?

I think if Masaiís plan is to stick with Siakam/OG/FVV core you gotta adresss the rebounding needs. Change what you can right now. Landing that other super star talent will be an ongoing challenge.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-16-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Some teams go years if not decades before they find that piece. What exactly is a closer? Someone who can run isolation plays to close out a game? Was Demar as closer? Or are you very specifically talking about a super star?

I think if Masaiís plan is to stick with Siakam/OG/FVV core you gotta adresss the rebounding needs. Change what you can right now. Landing that other super star talent will be an ongoing challenge.
    But with a top pick this year, it could not be an ongoing challenge.

And by closer I mean a player that I would feel confident in taking or creating that last shot down 1 point with 10 seconds.

I love siakam. Been one of his strongest supporters though his struggles. But I donít feel confident with him creating that shot. I feel comfortable with him taking the last shot, but we need a threat that can get him open or in a good matchup.

Yeah he waited to long and ended up with Baynes lol ... Sleepin
    But with a top pick this year, it could not be an ongoing challenge.

And by closer I mean a player that I would feel confident in taking or creating that last shot down 1 point with 10 seconds.

I love siakam. Been one of his strongest supporters though his struggles. But I donít feel confident with him creating that shot. I feel comfortable with him taking the last shot, but we need a threat that can get him open or in a good matchup.
    Oh I get it you wanna tank. So why not just say that bro lol. I really wouldnít be against it tbh.

We didnít have a closer all last year either. Are you sure youíre not just saying this due to losing confidence in Siakam? If youíve followed my posts, Iíve never been a big fan of Siakam. Never thought he was a closer, or a corner stone, or a franchise player. And I was always against that contract he got from Masai. I think Siakam is a system player that benefited from Lowry/Kawhi/Nurse which lead to a big pay day.. heís only effective in the open court and will always get exposed in a half court set. Who knows, with the way Boucher is playing maybe he gets $33,34 million dollar a year contract too lol.

Also the game always slows down in the playoffs and if you canít perform in a half court set, youíre next to useless so yeah, I really wouldnít care at all if Pascal was traded like yesterday lol.

And I will echo that every time we get embarrassed in the post season. Kinda like how Jamie did with Derozan.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I'd like to know what he has done to get put in the defensive dog house. It wasn't anything in a game, he played just 2 minutes over the first three games ( ...all losses), and then played 17 minutes in the teams first win..

They had one of the best defenses in the league , so he obviously wasn't hurting their D last year. I find it hard to believe he forgot how to play their team D in the shortest off season ever. I wonder if they have made some tweaks to how they want to do things now and he cant stop doing things the old way or something..

Whatever it is, just like Boucher the kid needs to play to keep developing. Both Lowry and Powell could both be gone next year. Heck, they could both be gone next month before the deadline.
    He might be in the dog house for what happened in the off-season.

nah TD was benched towards the end of last year as well. he was ****ing up a lot. idk what games you guys have been watching but TD was pretty awful defensively in some of the games we had this year. Game that stood out the most from memory was the one against NO.

My money is on Charles Bassey for the Raps draft pick this year.

Porter Jr is being shopped, I would imagine he and McGee could be had for relatively cheap. Could be a low risk high reward move for us.

Porter Jr is being shopped, I would imagine he and McGee could be had for relatively cheap. Could be a low risk high reward move for us.
    Well y'all do develop young talent so on that I can give you guys credit so if you go for Kevin Porter Jr and also get JaVale in the process then who knows

Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast