Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,708

    Norm Powell appreciation thread. & welcome Trent Jr

    I think Powell deserves an appreciation thread.

    - This man went through wars with us in several playoff runs
    - He won a ship with us
    - we got him for Vasquez lol who was out of the league the following year basically

    Storman Norman weíll be cheering for you in the playoffs fam. All the best.


    In coming: Gary Trent Jr I think this was a sneaky great get for us. A 22 year old with loads of potential and a guy we can groom in our development system. Iím not sure we could have asked for much more than that. But wait we got Hood too.


    Woot woot. I call it a successful trade dead line for us.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,884
    His dad was a Raptor. It was meant to be.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,247
    Trent Jr is not even all that great right now but Hood is just meh....like I fail to see where or how Toronto's trade deadline was successful. Y'all could have got Vucevic who would have solved your problems at the 5 or you could have got rid of Lowry and got a huge haul.

    But Trent Jr is still young...22 years old...does he have potential? Who knows

    Hood is what he is...bench player

    But Powell did win a title with you guys...so for that he gets ultimate respect

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,884
    How could we have had Vuc? Absolutely Delusional.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trent Jr is not even all that great right now but Hood is just meh....like I fail to see where or how Toronto's trade deadline was successful. Y'all could have got Vucevic who would have solved your problems at the 5 or you could have got rid of Lowry and got a huge haul.

    But Trent Jr is still young...22 years old...does he have potential? Who knows

    Hood is what he is...bench player

    But Powell did win a title with you guys...so for that he gets ultimate respect
    Because Trent jr has a lot of upside and is only 22 years old. Watch and see how he develops with the Raps. Obviously you didnít watch Portland in the bubble last year. Kids gonna be a stud. His defence alone has me feeling enthusiastic.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,708
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    How could we have had Vuc? Absolutely Delusional.
    Heís just echoing aman and I while we were day dreaming, but he doesnít know the difference. He just took it and ran with it lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,708
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    His dad was a Raptor. It was meant to be.
    Was he? Iíll have to look that up I donít remember him

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Was he? Iíll have to look that up I donít remember him
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...trentga01.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,901
    Potential "Lowry walks" scenario.

    Raptors sign Richaun Holmes (UFA) with the cap space. Use bird rights to re-up Trent Jr. Pick up Boucher option.

    It is completely hypothetical, but would people be happy with this next year?

    FVV/Flynn
    Trent Jr.
    Anunoby
    Siakam
    Holmes/Boucher

    Then guys like Watson, Bembry, Harris, our draft picks to round it out?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,901
    Sorry, supposed to be appreciation thread.

    My favourite Powell moment still might be the steal of Paul George, followed by huge fast break dunk against the Pacers in the playoffs. Big arrival moment for him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Potential "Lowry walks" scenario.

    Raptors sign Richaun Holmes (UFA) with the cap space. Use bird rights to re-up Trent Jr. Pick up Boucher option.

    It is completely hypothetical, but would people be happy with this next year?

    FVV/Flynn
    Trent Jr.
    Anunoby
    Siakam
    Holmes/Boucher

    Then guys like Watson, Bembry, our draft picks to round it out?
    Collins/Allen or bust this offseason. I could see them getting Turner as a consolation prize if free agency goes poorly.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,708
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Potential "Lowry walks" scenario.

    Raptors sign Richaun Holmes (UFA) with the cap space. Use bird rights to re-up Trent Jr. Pick up Boucher option.

    It is completely hypothetical, but would people be happy with this next year?

    FVV/Flynn
    Trent Jr.
    Anunoby
    Siakam
    Holmes/Boucher

    Then guys like Watson, Bembry, Harris, our draft picks to round it out?
    Man Iíve been saying for Holms for a while now. I didnít think anyone one was hearing me lol I like that kid, I think he would be such a great fit.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,708
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Collins/Allen or bust this offseason. I could see them getting Turner as a consolation prize if free agency goes poorly.
    Collins went on social media and declared he wants to stay with the Hawks. I think the coaching change helped work that situation out. He seems happy now.

    I like both players. Iíd be happy with either but arenít they both RFAís ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Collins went on social media and declared he wants to stay with the Hawks. I think the coaching change helped work that situation out. He seems happy now.
    You never know. Paul George said he wanted to retire in OKC. But I want us to call ATL's bluff, see if they'll max him. They might not.

    Yes they're all RFAs so nothing is guaranteed but I want us to try at least.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,901
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Collins/Allen or bust this offseason. I could see them getting Turner as a consolation prize if free agency goes poorly.
    Either team will match what we can offer IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •