Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 214 of 280 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4198
    And if being first seed is all that PHX is looking at why wouldnt they have already extended Ayton?

Tbh Iím not even that interested in Ayton. I think he will get over paid in fee agency. And he doesnít bring the defence I feel we need.

Turner would be such a better fit imo.

Only brought Ayton up because he will be a FA

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We donít really have a guy that has the respect of the whistle consistently and they have the guy that gets the most calls in his favour out of anyone. So yeah no surprise there.
    We will soon if siakam and FVV keep this up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We will soon if siakam and FVV keep this up.
    I already feel Siakam should get more calls. He needs that respect from the zibras. I think heís earned it

The pacers are really crazy imo. Who would send two first round picks for Turner with one year left on his contract?

Maybe a contender whoís first rounder will be in the 25-30? Iím trying to make sense of it.

Plus heís injured. What are they thinking? Or am I just way off in my evaluation? I didnít know good role players commanded 2 first rounders.
    I assume theyíve been offered 1 1st rounder, and they are trying to get 2 from someone before the deadline. Theyíll probably settle for pick+young player eventually.

I assume theyíve been offered 1 1st rounder, and they are trying to get 2 from someone before the deadline. Theyíll probably settle for pick+young player eventually.
    I agree bro.

If Iím them I try to trade him for Ayton imo.

To land Myles Turner in a Raptors uniform

Toronto Raptors receive: Myles Turner and Torrey Craig

Indiana Pacers receive: Goran Dragic, Precious Achiuwa, Malachi Flynn, 2023 1st round draft pick and 2025 1st first round draft pick

New look Raptors starting 5

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Myles Turner

Raptors 2nd unit

PG- Dalano Banton
    SG- Scottie Barnes (moves to 2 guard)
    SF- Torrey Craig
    PF- Chris Boucher/Yuta Watanabe
    C- Khem Birch

New look Pacers

PG- Malcolm Brogdon
    SG- Caris Levert
    SF- Justin Holiday
    PF- Oshae Brissett
    C- Domantas Sabonis

Pacers 2nd unit

PG- Malachi Flynn/Goran Dragic
    SG- Chris Duarte/Lance Stephenson
    SF- Jeremy Lamb
    PF- Precious Achiuwa
    C- Isaiah Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    To land Myles Turner in a Raptors uniform

Toronto Raptors receive: Myles Turner and Torrey Craig

Indiana Pacers receive: Goran Dragic, Precious Achiuwa, Malachi Flynn, 2023 1st round draft pick and 2025 1st first round draft pick

New look Raptors starting 5

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- OG Anunoby
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Myles Turner

Raptors 2nd unit

PG- Dalano Banton
    SG- Scottie Barnes (moves to 2 guard)
    SF- Torrey Craig
    PF- Chris Boucher/Yuta Watanabe
    C- Khem Birch

New look Pacers

PG- Malcolm Brogdon
    SG- Caris Levert
    SF- Justin Holiday
    PF- Oshae Brissett
    C- Domantas Sabonis

Pacers 2nd unit

PG- Malachi Flynn/Goran Dragic
    SG- Chris Duarte/Lance Stephenson
    SF- Jeremy Lamb
    PF- Precious Achiuwa
    C- Isaiah Jackson
    Honestly donít mind that deal. Hurts to part with those picks but I feel Turner would be such a great fit

Honestly donít mind that deal. Hurts to part with those picks but I feel Turner would be such a great fit
    The deeper I think about it, the more I feel ready to not have a starting C on this team. I donít see rebounding or interior defence as a huge hole against most teams. If we are trying to make a run in the playoffs (donít think we are), then this team would probably be better served with another ball handler.

I think I prefer to have the picks.

But you are one that believes in this core. I think Turner is our best case scenario at the 5 in terms of fit. And if weíre a good team those picks are going to be late first rounders anyways.

Iím not crazy about the idea of expending two first rounders for turner. But I donít think a late first round pick in 2025 does much to help this core compete now or in the next 3 years:

If we were rebuilding and then yes keep the picks. But if you believe in this core then itís something to consider.

Right now it looks like your prediction was right and we are climbing up. But that almost ensures that our pick goes 20+ and in 2025 Iím not sure that pick does much at all with this core. Keep in mind we keep the picks in years between so itís not like weíd be starving for young talent.

My whole thing is if this is the core weíre going with and believe in then at some point we need to go all in.

Itís a tough call. I donít necessarily disagree. I had a knee jerk reaction to their asking price of 2 first rounders, especially since Turner only has 1 year left on his deal and can just walk.

So Iím still trying to wrap my head around justifying that asking price

Isnít that what I said? Lol

I highly doubt that Paul would ask for a trade off of the suns due to Aytons contract situation. That is a far far reach bro. And they have options with Ayton. If they donít want to pay him what he wants they can easily flip him.
    I meant that in the sense that he would ask a trade because it puts the Sun in the worst position to succeed and they just lose Ayton outright by not signing him. So they have to do some work if they don't extend him. If they could get another player that helps then succeed then year it would buy the Suns more time with Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I meant that in the sense that he would ask a trade because it puts the Sun in the worst position to succeed and they just lose Ayton outright by not signing him. So they have to do some work if they don't extend him. If they could get another player that helps then succeed then year it would buy the Suns more time with Paul.
    Yeah thatís why Iím saying they can flip him at the deadline.

It does seem odd to me that they havenít locked the 3rd best player on their team up yet. But maybe Ayton is asking for a max?

How do you guys feel about LeVert? I think he would add some balance to the Raptors' offense.
    Last edited by aman_13; 01-17-2022 at 05:49 PM.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē