Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 213 of 279 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4177
    I wonder what the Suns would want for Ayton

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I wonder what the Suns would want for Ayton
    I think the Suns clearly have their sights set on a championship this year, so I doubt they'd seriously entertain any offers for Ayton. They'd rather go for the championship and figure out the contract situation in the offseason. I don't think its worth the effort to even explore on Bobby and Masai's part.

Paul probably demands a trade if Ayton isn't brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I think the Suns clearly have their sights set on a championship this year, so I doubt they'd seriously entertain any offers for Ayton. They'd rather go for the championship and figure out the contract situation in the offseason. I don't think its worth the effort to even explore on Bobby and Masai's part.
    Then itís a free agent we can look at in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Paul probably demands a trade if Ayton isn't brought back.
    Doubt that. Paul has never demanded a trade off of any team. Including the thunder when they werenít even trying to compete.

They havenít signed Ayton to an ext because they couldnít agree to terms. A lot of people believe he will be traded by the dead line for someone like Turner.

Sexton is in a similar boat with the Cavs

The pacers are really crazy imo. Who would send two first round picks for Turner with one year left on his contract?

Maybe a contender whoís first rounder will be in the 25-30? Iím trying to make sense of it.

Plus heís injured. What are they thinking? Or am I just way off in my evaluation? I didnít know good role players commanded 2 first rounders.

The pacers are really crazy imo. Who would send two first round picks for Turner with one year left on his contract?

Maybe a contender whoís first rounder will be in the 25-30? Iím trying to make sense of it.

Plus heís injured. What are they thinking? Or am I just way off in my evaluation? I didnít know good role players commanded 2 first rounders.
    Seems steep to me as well, especially since the last time he played over 65 games was 2018/2019. He's a guy who I just don't trust to stay on the court. I'd rather have the reliability of a Poetl.

Doubt that. Paul has never demanded a trade off of any team. Including the thunder when they werenít even trying to compete.

They havenít signed Ayton to an ext because they couldnít agree to terms. A lot of people believe he will be traded by the dead line for someone like Turner.

Pretty sure we wanted to be traded back in 2018. Didnt he also want to be traded from Hornets back in the day?

I would do it but I'm pricing in that our pick this year is in the 20s. I'd also make the other pick protected as well. I may ask for another piece back though. Maybe Dragic, Flynn, Svi and 2 picks for Turner and Brisett.

Though I would probably prefer 1st round pick and Achuiwa instead of trading 2 picks just so we can keep the future pick in later trades.

There's no way Ayton moves if the suns have one of the top 3 records in the league come the deadline. The team's success pretty much hamstrings any deal right now. And even in the offseason, if the suns go to the finals again or wins, management is far more likely to cave on his salary demands.

I do not see Ayton as anything more than a 'kick the tires' offer in free agency.

Pretty sure we wanted to be traded back in 2018. Didnt he also want to be traded from Hornets back in the day?
    I think he told New Orleans that he wasnít going to sign an extension and would leave in free agency at which point they traded him to the lakers which was vetoed.

I donít recall him asking for a trade in 2018. He was in Houston at that time and he got injured and that was the year the rockets had to best chance to advance in the post season in the Harden era.

It was Tillman (the owner of the rockets) that pushed Morey to trade Paul for RW. Which is why Tillman is right up there with with Dolan as the worst owners in the league. We hate Tillman. All rockets fans do. But no it wasnít Paul that wanted to be traded.

But the Ayton thing is more of the franchise feeling heís not with the money heís commanding. Other wise they would have signed him to that ext. I really doubt that would make Paul demand a trade.

The NOH article says his agent told the Pelicans he wont sign an extension and wants to be traded. So the not signing extension part was just added leverage.

https://www.espn.com/new-york/nba/st...cording-report

And he wasn't happy in Rockets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nbc...ound-loss/amp/

Not signing Ayton would be detrimental to the team's success so he'd probably demand a trade at some point if they play worse than what they are, especially since they are the 1st seed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    There's no way Ayton moves if the suns have one of the top 3 records in the league come the deadline. The team's success pretty much hamstrings any deal right now. And even in the offseason, if the suns go to the finals again or wins, management is far more likely to cave on his salary demands.

I do not see Ayton as anything more than a 'kick the tires' offer in free agency.
    Are you familiar with the situation?

I think Ayton is asking more than PHX wants to pay. Theyíll let him play free agency and see what he can fetch. If a team over pays him I donít think they match. If signs a reasonable enough offer they likely will match.

Iím also not ruling out the possibility of Ayton getting traded by the dead line all together they can replace him pretty easily. Especially when you consider they can just flip him for a guy like Turner or Sabonis and they really wouldnít miss a beat.

The NOH article says his agent told the Pelicans he wont sign an extension and wants to be traded. So the not signing extension part was just added leverage.

https://www.espn.com/new-york/nba/st...cording-report

And he wasn't happy in Rockets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nbc...ound-loss/amp/

Not signing Ayton would be detrimental to the team's success so he'd probably demand a trade at some point if they play worse than what they are, especially since they are the 1st seed right now.
    Isnít that what I said? Lol

I highly doubt that Paul would ask for a trade off of the suns due to Aytons contract situation. That is a far far reach bro. And they have options with Ayton. If they donít want to pay him what he wants they can easily flip him.