Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Would love to have Beal as well.

Id take Bagley for Davis (McCaw and Len to make salaries work).

Love the idea of Beal. Just feel like it is never going to happen. The Wizards have shown little interest of trading him and they haven't been winning in some time now.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Love the idea of Beal. Just feel like it is never going to happen. The Wizards have shown little interest of trading him and they haven't been winning in some time now.

Plus do you really think they gon give Beal to you guys when they just got Westbrook to come there via trade to pair up with Beal? Unless Russ ended up with the Raptors somehow and they decide to trade you Westbrook instead

To think Westbrook almost ended up a Raptor and it could have happened...you guys would still have Kawhi

they might now that thomas bryant is pretty much out for the season

Harden or Beal would gut our team. Thats the problem

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    they might now that thomas bryant is pretty much out for the season
    I think he ends up with the Warriors if they do trade him. They can offer Wiggins & Pascall + Minnesota's pick next year, as well as their own pick, and maybe rights to swap picks going forward.

That'll be hard to beat. I know Wiggins isn't the most desired player, but hes actually been pretty good this year and turning himself in to a decent little two way player. his salary lines up with Beals. Pashcal is a nice younger prospect plus they would get the multiple first rounders & swaps. Thats the type of haul I think the Wizards are looking for because theyve held out trading Beal for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think he ends up with the Warriors if they do trade him. They can offer Wiggins & Pascall + Minnesota's pick next year, as well as their own pick, and maybe rights to swap picks going forward.

That'll be hard to beat. I know Wiggins isn't the most desired player, but hes actually been pretty good this year and turning himself in to a decent little two way player. his salary lines up with Beals. Pashcal is a nice younger prospect plus they would get the multiple first rounders & swaps. Thats the type of haul I think the Wizards are looking for because theyve held out trading Beal for so long.
    I don’t think that deal is all that good.

Yo **** it if I'm Lowry, or even Boucher I'm lookin for a way out of Toronto right now like they deserve so much better than this like bein serious

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

I would trade Lowry to them for Wiggins and Minnesota's first if they just want a stopgap guard to bridge between this year and when Klay gets back to form. I know we'd be over-committing to Wiggins, but that draft pick will be nice, and Wiggins' contract will be expiring right at the time we'll need to extend the picks from the draft.

I dont think they would trade Beal unless they got a ton of picks.

It would have to be like Norm, Baynes, McCaw, and SJ with like 2 picks for Beal. They get expiring contracts and picks for Beal.

Too bad Boucher is so old. Would have been decent trade bait.

Unlike Harden, Beal has not expressed any frustrations with his Washington Wizards. Instead, he's languished away, averaging a league-leading 34.9 points per game on the 3-8 Wizards.

Washington is a team slightly in between eras, not quite out of the John Wall-Beal era— which has become the Russell Westbrook-Beal era — but not quite into their next competitive window built around rookie Deni Avdija, sophomore Rui Hachimura, and the now-injured 23-year-old Thomas Bryant. Considering the future in Washington seems to be more closely tied to the latter group than the former, it's hard, as Sports Illustrated writer Michael Pina points out, to see Beal re-signing with the Wizards when he can opt-out of his contract in 2023.

"Instead, the time is ripe for star and franchise to part ways," Pina writes. "With so many teams believing they can win the 2021 NBA title, a trade makes sense for both parties.

"The most-likely suitors are usual suspects: Golden State, Miami, Brooklyn, Denver, Philadelphia and maybe even Toronto."

A week or two ago it might have made sense for the Raptors to try and shake things up by adding another offensively explosive player. It's been their offence, after all, that's been the biggest contributor to their 2-8 start. But now, the Raptors seem to be on the verge of heading in another direction.

It's hard to see Washington taking anything less than Pascal Siakam and that seems to be more of a lateral move than anything else. Would a trade centred around OG Anunoby, Malachi Flynn, and some picks get it done for Washington? Probably not. And would Toronto want to move future assets to try and win now all while staring down a 2-8 start to the season? Again, unlikely.
    https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...l-trade-rumors
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I believe the Raptors will do everything to turn this around. They probably should be 4-4 right now and if they were able to close better, you could almost flip that record.

Josh Lewenberg

@JLew1050
    There are underlying concerns, no doubt: underperforming regulars, depth/rotation issues, roster construction, etc. But the 2-8 Raps have virtually the same point differential as the 4-4 Heat, better than the 5-5 Spurs, 6-4 Warriors, 6-5 Magic. That doesnt happen without bad luck

Josh Lewenberg
    @JLew1050
    On the season, Raptors with Baynes or Len on the floor: -52 in 211 minutes, without: +38 in 269 minutes.
    Last edited by aman_13; 01-12-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast