Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1392
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    That was it. Made no sense at the time why Cavs would do that.
    Gilbert has a business rivalry with GSW owners. I think it was just a petty thing from Mr. Comic Sans. I don't think they expected GSW to decline because they tried to bring McCaw back for a cheaper price after they waived him lol. But they gave that up after GSW pressured the NBA to investigate.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-01-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Just as I thought...

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/fred-v...ing-wall-covid

Looks like any thought of retaining Hood for next year is gone now too. Looks like he likely misses the rest of the season with a hip injury....and would be a pretty big risk for almost 11M:

https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/04/0...y-hood-return/

So assuming the Raps cut Baynes and Hood and then cut McCaw and Johnson loose:

Fynn+Watson+Bembry = ~6M
    Boucher = ~7M
    OG= ~16M
    FVV= 19.7M
    Siakam= 31.3M

Those guys combined make just 80M and the cap hold on GTJ is only like 2.5M or something like that. If they cut Boucher, Bembry and Watson loose they could get down around 71M. I don't think the Blazers are going to give Powell a super max or anything, so if they want to move on from Lowry (or he wants to move on from them to ring chase), they can easily make enough cap room to bring Powell back using cap space......( as well as find another big and then lock up GTJ.) If they cut Lowry loose they can probably do all that without cutting Boucher.

OR, if Lowry has made enough money and would accept a team friendly "end my career in Toronto" type of deal instead of demanding a 2 yr/50M dollar contract, they might be able to somehow bring Powell back home to Toronto, sign Lowry, retiain GTJ and then use a MLE and some draft capital to get get some new bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Just as I thought...

Looks like any thought of retaining Hood for next year is gone now too. Looks like he likely misses the rest of the season with a hip injury....and would be a pretty big risk for almost 11M:

Fynn+Watson+Bembry = ~6M
    Boucher = ~7M
    OG= ~16M
    FVV= 19.7M
    Siakam= 31.3M

Those guys combined make just 80M and the cap hold on GTJ is only like 2.5M or something like that. If they cut Boucher, Bembry and Watson loose they could get down around 71M. I don't think the Blazers are going to give Powell a super max or anything, so if they want to move on from Lowry (or he wants to move on from them to ring chase), they can easily make enough cap room to bring Powell back using cap space......( as well as find another big and then lock up GTJ.) If they cut Lowry loose they can probably do all that without cutting Boucher.

OR, if Lowry has made enough money and would accept a team friendly "end my career in Toronto" type of deal instead of demanding a 2 yr/50M dollar contract, they might be able to somehow bring Powell back home to Toronto, sign Lowry, retiain GTJ and then use a MLE and some draft capital to get get some new bigs.
    Trent's cap hold I think will be over 5 million. There are conditions (minutes player or games started, I don't remember the specifics) that will result in the original number changing. Still super small and gives us loads of flexibility. Pascal's is up to 33 million next year too.

You are right that they'll have cap space. Probably more than 20 million.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Just as I thought...

Fynn+Watson+Bembry = ~6M
    Boucher = ~7M
    OG= ~16M
    FVV= 19.7M
    Siakam= 31.3M

Does that factor in our draft pick?
    I would be disappointed if the let boucher go.

There's no chance they bring Powell back. They're going to spend it on a big. MLSE isn't going to go into the tax unless its a sure thing. Even if they sign Powell and some big, and go into the tax for GTJ, that team is still trash. FVV can't play the point. I know you like him but he's gone. It would be funny as hell if it does happen.

And Lowry has always been about the money. He has always been about player empowerment. He's not going to come back on a team friendly deal.

Honestly, we don't even have that much money to play with. Unless there's some secret colluding thing going on like Kawhi last year recruiting other players, I don't really see a scenario where it would be smart to decline Boucher's option.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-01-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Does that factor in our draft pick?
    I would be disappointed if the let boucher go.
    No. It depends on the draft range. Lower the pick, more cap.

It's actually 81.5 for those 7 guys but there's a empty roster spot charge that counts against the cap so it is more like 86.1.

Trent is 4.7M most likely.

Draft pick can be anywhere from 8.375M (1st) to 3.644M (10th).

Add up all that and subtract it from 112.4M and that is how much cap we have.

This is assuming Lowry just walks. If he does a sign and trade, it is going to complicate a whole lot.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-01-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Trent's cap hold I think will be over 5 million. There are conditions (minutes player or games started, I don't remember the specifics) that will result in the original number changing. Still super small and gives us loads of flexibility. Pascal's is up to 33 million next year too.

You are right that they'll have cap space. Probably more than 20 million.
    4.7M if he exceeds 1756 mins.

But then again this team this summer the goal has to be gettin a big as a free agent period and then also retaining some of your players but drafting the right way

Damn if we do a sign and trade with Lowry, we might not even have that much cap. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Damn if we do a sign and trade with Lowry, we might not even have that much cap. Yikes.
    Unless y'all straight up let him walk like you did Gasol and Ibaka

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Unless y'all straight up let him walk like you did Gasol and Ibaka
    We can always pay the Presti tax and use OKC as a third team to offload salaries. But it makes not trading him at the deadline a bigger mistake that originally thought.

We can't afford Collins. I was hoping we could call their bluff and force them to offer him the max but he turned down 90/4. I don't think we can offer more than that. Hawks will match that easily.

Cavs reporters think Allen is going to get around 100M. So he's out.

Indy wanted out of Turner's contract so maybe we could work something. He is relatively cheap at 17.5M.

Holmes reportedly wants to re-sign with the Kings.

Hmm what other bigs can we target?

We can't afford Collins. I was hoping we could call their bluff and force them to offer him the max but he turned down 90/4. I don't think we can offer more than that. Hawks will match that easily.

Indy wanted out of Turner's contract so maybe we could work something. He is relatively cheap at 17.5M.

Yeah well if you let Lowry walk, you let him leave and you don't re sign him, then that leaves how much in cap space well if you manage to re sign Trent Jr and Boucher? Then it leaves how much money on the table for a big? Unless you draft a big in the Draft or one falls to you

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah well if you let Lowry walk, you let him leave and you don't re sign him, then that leaves how much in cap space well if you manage to re sign Trent Jr and Boucher? Then it leaves how much money on the table for a big? Unless you draft a big in the Draft or one falls to you
    Trent and Boucher don't matter. We have an option on Boucher and we have Trent's bird rights.

Turner would me ideal addition personally.

Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast