Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1392
  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,165
    I think Lowry would have made the heat scary. I donít see philly winning anything anytime soon personally.

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Morey is an idiot and why none of his teams will never will a title. He doesn't have the masai like balls to pull that important trigger to putting the team over the top.

    No brainer Lowry would've been a phenomenal add for their team. Their core is locked in too for a couple years.

    All because he wanted to keep 2 young guys who won't contribute nearly what Lowry could've this year and potentially next.

    The Nets are cake walking to the finals.
    If that is the case, then why would he not just trade Lowry when he had a chance at the deadline and actually get young, great assets that he can build around?

    Especially when in case y'all have missed it, Lowry is an unrestricted free agent this summer and if he walks, then what? Lose him for nothing when y'all could have got something back

    Masai's contract you also have to worry about as well after season is over

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If that is the case, then why would he not just trade Lowry when he had a chance at the deadline and actually get young, great assets that he can build around?

    Especially when in case y'all have missed it, Lowry is an unrestricted free agent this summer and if he walks, then what? Lose him for nothing when y'all could have got something back

    Masai's contract you also have to worry about as well after season is over
    Wtf are you talking about?

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Wtf are you talking about?
    Lowry is a free agent after the season is over right? Not that hard to understand. I'm saying that had you traded him, you could have got some pieces back for him. Pieces that you can build around for the future because it is clear you guys are rebuilding. So why hold on to him now when chances are he is probably going to leave this summer in free agency anyway and then what? That means you will lose him for nothing especially when you guys had the chance to get players back for him at the Deadline with the deals that were on the table

    There were good deals on the table for him and the Raptors say no to each one like what is so hard to understand about that?

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,165
    I think Trent will get paid less that 15 mil. Iím thinking around 13.

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think Trent will get paid less that 15 mil. Iím thinking around 13.
    No chance. He literally turned that down this offseason lol.
    Last edited by ecart; 03-26-2021 at 02:47 AM.

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Trent is going to command more money but then so will Lowry and then what

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,165
    Just saw what Chicago gave for Vuc. Too much imo. I am glad Masai avoided that.

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Love it.
    Yup. Very good deals. Both players couldn't get any consistent minutes under Nurse. Davis made too many mistakes on both ends of the floor and Thomas can't (and likely won't ever have the physical tools to) defend well at this level. I don't wish anything poor on either player, but it was pretty clear neither was in our long-term plans.

    Those 2nd rounders should help us restock a bit with new development projects.

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,558
    I think getting Trent's bird rights is key....I also think Lowry told them he would sign an extension at the end of the year. Otherwise I think Masai gets whatever he could for him.

    Both of those "future" picks for Thomas and Davis are in this upcoming draft. So we went from having 1 pick to having 3 picks this year. Right now those picks are numbers 43 and 44 in current mock drafts.


    So this summer they can retain Lowry and Trent Jr and have the capital to make trades on draft day as well as find possibly multiple more good young players to add moving forward.

  11. #1181
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,012
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think getting Trent's bird rights is key....I also think Lowry told them he would sign an extension at the end of the year. Otherwise I think Masai gets whatever he could for him.

    Both of those "future" picks for Thomas and Davis are in this upcoming draft. So we went from having 1 pick to having 3 picks this year. Right now those picks are numbers 43 and 44 in current mock drafts.


    So this summer they can retain Lowry and Trent Jr and have the capital to make trades on draft day as well as find possibly multiple more good young players to add moving forward.
    Currently looks like lots of big men in that range right now (all subject to change of course). But guys like Cockburn, Hukporti, Petrusev, Sharpe, Sengun, Timme, Todd could all be good picks in that range. Not all will fall there, but some will. Having a couple early mid 2nd rounders takes some pressure off the position we select with our 1st pick. There could be some really interesting guards/forwards available when our 1st selection comes up.

    Ideally I still would love the BPA to be a big man, but I'm slightly less concerned if it isn't.

  12. #1182
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,165
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Currently looks like lots of big men in that range right now (all subject to change of course). But guys like Cockburn, Hukporti, Petrusev, Sharpe, Sengun, Timme, Todd could all be good picks in that range. Not all will fall there, but some will. Having a couple early mid 2nd rounders takes some pressure off the position we select with our 1st pick. There could be some really interesting guards/forwards available when our 1st selection comes up.

    Ideally I still would love the BPA to be a big man, but I'm slightly less concerned if it isn't.
    I feel the same way. And damn the memes if we drafted cockburn.

  13. #1183
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Morey is an idiot and why none of his teams will never will a title. He doesn't have the masai like balls to pull that important trigger to putting the team over the top.

    No brainer Lowry would've been a phenomenal add for their team. Their core is locked in too for a couple years.

    All because he wanted to keep 2 young guys who won't contribute nearly what Lowry could've this year and potentially next.

    The Nets are cake walking to the finals.
    Iíve never heard Morey be described that way. If anything he is a gun slinger.

  14. #1184
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think Lowry would have made the heat scary. I donít see philly winning anything anytime soon personally.
    Agreed. I donít think a Miami has been watching victor this year. Heís not nearly the same player he was prior to surgery. Not even close. Both Philly and Miami would be 2nd round exits IMO. Itís Nets and Bucks in the east.

  15. #1185
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trent is going to command more money but then so will Lowry and then what
    In the words of the great RJohnson, ďCalm down sugar tittsĒ Raps fans are happy with our moves. Why donít you concern yourself with your Celtics. That Wagner guy I bet will be a pretty good C for you guys lol 😆

Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •