Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 280 of 318 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4757
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'd be on board. Not sure what Dallas is doing this off-season, but if that were a possibility, I'd jump on it.
    Not sure but here’s a read on it https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/.am...pacers-pistons

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I find it an interesting inverse of a conversation we were having last year when the shoe was on the other foot and we had 4th overall. The name we were discussing was SGA. I know there were some disagreements on the board about whether that would be a smart trade or not.

They are different draft classes of course and SGA and Siakam are different players but I think there are some interesting parallels in the discussion.
    For sure. But like you said there are some big differences.

SGA while younger, doesn’t seem to have all that much ceiling left. He pretty much has maxed out his stats and it will be about if he can win from here.
    Siakam can literally play PG, SG, SF, PF and C, and continues to improve every season. Proven winner, 2nd best player on a championship team.

The whole idea around the SGA trade was that OKC seemed like they wanted to lose, and didnt want to pay anybody to lose. We were wrong on both points.

it doesn't even matter. just get nurse talent and he'll make it work.

I still like SGA. Would be a sick raptor. I like alot of Canadian players and wish we could have them. Brooks, Clarke from Memphis. Murray when healthy is probably the best Canadian player currently. Hell even wiggins has been playing really well the last two seasons. RJ obvi.

But Shai would fit here perfectly imo.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-20-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I still like SGA. Would be a sick raptor. I like alot of Canadian players and wish we could have them. Brooks, Clarke from Memphis. Murray when healthy is probably the best Canadian player currently. Hell even wiggins has been playing really well the last two seasons. RJ obvi.

But Shai would fit here perfectly imo.
    They just need to be in a good environment and they'll get their flowers. Look at Wiggins. Played well for Nurse for Team Canada and has been great for GSW despite all the negativity. Instead of rehabilitating a bunch of bench players, I wish we would chance it on talent of a higher caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    They just need to be in a good environment and they'll get their flowers. Look at Wiggins. Played well for Nurse for Team Canada and has been great for GSW despite all the negativity. Instead of rehabilitating a bunch of bench players, I wish we would chance it on talent of a higher caliber.
    You mean take the chance though the draft?

Can you elaborate on that last bit?

no im just saying people keep saying this player sucks or this position is irrelevant because playoffs but nurse ain't coaching those guys. give him ayton and people will be like masai is so smart he is zagging when other teams are zigging

If you miss out on Ayton, then y'all can also try to get Mo Bamba from the Magic but that is only if y'all decide not to sign Ayton

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If you miss out on Ayton, then y'all can also try to get Mo Bamba from the Magic but that is only if y'all decide not to sign Ayton
    I think Ayton will definitely cost too much, and suspect the market will view Bamba at a higher cost than most of us are predicting. If Bamba's cost is reasonable, then I do like the fit. He can start and split time almost evenly with Precious to throw two capable, but different players at teams. We'll see what he commands and what the trade market commands in assets.

no im just saying people keep saying this player sucks or this position is irrelevant because playoffs but nurse ain't coaching those guys. give him ayton and people will be like masai is so smart he is zagging when other teams are zigging
    Ok I agree and my goodness… it is so ****ing nice to have this kind of confidence in a coach. Between Nurse in McDermott with the Buffalo bills I am in sports fan heaven rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I think Ayton will definitely cost too much, and suspect the market will view Bamba at a higher cost than most of us are predicting. If Bamba's cost is reasonable, then I do like the fit. He can start and split time almost evenly with Precious to throw two capable, but different players at teams. We'll see what he commands and what the trade market commands in assets.
    Honestly bamba just seems like such a perfect fit that I’m not worried about his salary. More concerned about what we would have to give up for the s&t.

Wiki is showing Bol Bol on the magic too.

Just go ahead and make a mess in my pants MU. Get them both and let’s see what nurse can turn them into!
    It would honestly be my 2k wet dream.

Mo Bamba would be more realistic and if you were to somehow get him, Mo would instantly be your starter and y'all could have Precious come off the bench

Just saw a suggestion on Bleacher Report that we swap OG for Jarrett Allen, as it provides both teams with a need. I never thought of that one, and while I'm not that interested in heavily pursuing a true center, I do really like Allen.