Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 279 of 319 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4779
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It is at the very least intriguing. That could be Jaden Ivy. A superstar potential guard (IMO) on the exact timeline as Scottie could be pretty exciting for the next ten years. I doubt they would do that, but I wouldn't actually hate it if they did. I also think it is a fascinating topic for discussion. Pascal was awesome this year. That increases his value in trade or in keeping with the team. It just depends what direction you'd want to go. I think it is clear the Raptors don't want to step back though.
    Yeah we would be rebuilding. Hard to see them doing that after not starting the rebuild last year.
    I have a tough time projecting any rookie to be a top 20 player in the league, and thatís what the pick would have to turn into to be equal value imo. As it stands I think we are contending the season after this upcoming season. If we do this trade then we are HOPING to contend in like 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Just trade for Mo Bamba but then if you do that, who becomes your starting center at the 5 because you will have Bamba, Precious and Boucher unless you have Boucher play the 4 but even then
    Who cares. Itís 5 man big rotation and they can all play forward.

Depends on the value of the 1st round pick. Some of those deals where we are talking 5 picks that are probably mid-late first round don't necessarily combine for the same value as the 4th overall pick in the next upcoming draft. Barnes could also be flipped for a pick. The difference in the teams salary structure would be significant as well. Siakam has 2 years, 72 million left on his deal and the next deal probably starts in the 40 million dollar range. By going younger, you change that commitment to a rookie level deal that starts at about 7.5 million.

It is really about direction. We talked about it last summer whether we needed to rebuild around Scottie's timeline. (For the record, Scottie/Pascal/FVV/OG are all young enough that the timeline is still fine for me.) I think it is reasonable though for people to see benefit in rebuilding through the draft while clearing the books to add in free agency. There are pros and cons in both scenarios.

I think we agree though that this team probably won't have the patience for the approach (especially Nurse IMO).
    Nurse for sure lol. Dude wants to be in the record books.

I would be open to a full rebuild if we didnít have superstar talent and potential on the roster. Siakam already there with Barnes on the way is a situation any other team would love to be in. Siakam still improving too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah we would be rebuilding. Hard to see them doing that after not starting the rebuild last year.
    I have a tough time projecting any rookie to be a top 20 player in the league, and thatís what the pick would have to turn into to be equal value imo. As it stands I think we are contending the season after this upcoming season. If we do this trade then we are HOPING to contend in like 4 years.
    Fair point. I'm quite high on Ivey but I also recognize I quite often have a optimistic bias on prospects. I think he has a real shot at being the best scorer in the draft class.

Yea, if we could get 5 future picks from Sacramento, that would definitely be a haul given their history of ineptitude . My logic is mostly based on the trade idea proposed in the article though. Not advocating we make that deal, just don't think it is crazy at all in terms of value.

It is crazy to think of some of the recent deals for stars though isn't it? That Clippers deal of Gallinari, SGA and like 5 picks for Paul George is pretty ridiculous. I know they essentially got Kawhi to sign as part of the bigger picture, but as a straight trade, it is a bit ludicrous to think about. Then a day later OKC flips Westbrook's contract to Houston for Paul, 2 1st round picks and 2 pick swaps. And then they added another pick by flipping Paul to Phoenix. The value of stars has certainly been very high in the trade market.
    Stars have always had crazy value like that. Even more before revenue sharing.

ď At one point, the Cavs had traded away five consecutive first-round picks, covering 1982 until 1985.[18] The NBA thereafter instituted the "Stepien Rule," which states that a team (usually) cannot trade its first-round pick in consecutive years.[19]Ē

However, after the league watches the clippers age and become terrible without any hope for the future for the next 10 years, they might make a new ďballmer ruleĒ. A single franchise (especially a marquee LA franchise) floundering effects the values of all of the franchises.

Fair point. I'm quite high on Ivey but I also recognize I quite often have a optimistic bias on prospects. I think he has a real shot at being the best scorer in the draft class.
    Best scorer in the draft class could very well still be a less effective player than siakam.

Iíll say it again. Siakam does not get enough love for his defence. All-nba guards defer when matched up with him. Heís pretty much only attacked when they have no choice like the last shot of the game and he is on embiid or late in the shot clock. And just thinking about it for a minute I can think of several game winning last second defensive plays he has made for us.

Best scorer in the draft class could very well still be a less effective player than siakam.

Iíll say it again. Siakam does not get enough love for his defence. All-nba guards defer when matched up with him. Heís pretty much only attacked when they have no choice like the last shot of the game and he is on embiid or late in the shot clock. And just thinking about it for a minute I can think of several game winning last second defensive plays he has made for us.
    I agree. He brings a ton to the table outside of scoring. I mean, top scorer in a draft class could be a range of outcomes. And there is of course uncertainty. But that would be where I'd argue a value standpoint. You get one guy for 4 years super cheap and then an RFA status where you can match any offer. Siakam has two years left at 72 million owed and will be eligible 4-5 years at 200+ million. Stars better be really incredible into their 30's to be worth that type of deal. We are seeing some concerning results with a bunch of guys in the 7-10+ service time who have struggled to be worth the value of the max contract with such long service time behind them.

I think people could argue fit based on position, but I think they are able to play together without issue, so that wouldn't be my argument.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 05-19-2022 at 03:29 PM.

If I'm y'all, I'm trying to get back into the Draft Lottery by doing business with one of the teams in the Lottery that are like in the middle of the table so doing business trade wise with teams like the Thunder (12th), Hornets (13th), Cavs (14th), Atlanta (15th) or with Houston (17th overall) especially since the Raptors don't have a first round pick anymore

S&T Brunson for GTJ

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    S&T Brunson for GTJ
    I'd be on board. Not sure what Dallas is doing this off-season, but if that were a possibility, I'd jump on it.

I agree. He brings a ton to the table outside of scoring. I mean, top scorer in a draft class could be a range of outcomes. And there is of course uncertainty. But that would be where I'd argue a value standpoint. You get one guy for 4 years super cheap and then an RFA status where you can match any offer. Siakam has two years left at 72 million owed and will be eligible 4-5 years at 200+ million. Stars better be really incredible into their 30's to be worth that type of deal. We are seeing some concerning results with a bunch of guys in the 7-10+ service time who have struggled to be worth the value of the max contract with such long service time behind them.

I think people could argue fit based on position, but I think they are able to play together without issue, so that wouldn't be my argument.
    I agree with the premise and I agree itís worth discussing. I would need a lot more than a roll of the dice and some filler for siakam personally though.

I would do GTjr for #4.

I would do GTjr for #4.
    Yeah but Sacramento wouldn't

I agree with the premise and I agree itís worth discussing. I would need a lot more than a roll of the dice and some filler for siakam personally though.
    I find it an interesting inverse of a conversation we were having last year when the shoe was on the other foot and we had 4th overall. The name we were discussing was SGA. I know there were some disagreements on the board about whether that would be a smart trade or not.

They are different draft classes of course and SGA and Siakam are different players but I think there are some interesting parallels in the discussion.

Yeah but if Toronto were to all of a sudden trade for the 4th pick, y'all essentially would be right back in a rebuild especially since you were a 5th seed playoff team this past season but if you end up trading Pascal though, y'all will be worse off.