Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Your math doesn't really work. Without signing Powell or Lowry, we have about 28 million in cap space (that also would mean we would be declining Boucher's option). Where are you getting the money to max Collins exactly?

Wright and CJ weren't exactly assets for the Grizzlies. JV was the asset they were able to keep. Is an average C better than a young prospect and a 1st round pick? Maybe?
    We go into the tax to get Collins. Masai has been saying for years that he's able to. Maxing Collins would be a good reason to go into the tax. Declining Boucher's option is always an option too. I get that everyone loves him but goddamn is he ever a double edged sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Turns out the Lowry to Philly rumours were false. I'm shocked...

You can't go to max a player outright to go into the tax. You need to do a S&T.

I'd still prefer to keep Lowry unless he asks for a trade. Even if we don't get an assrt and lose him in the offseason.

We signed a guy to a 10 day. Is he Masai's next gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    We signed a guy to a 10 day. Is he Masai's next gem?
    Apparently Masai needed a punt returner...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We go into the tax to get Collins. Masai has been saying for years that he's able to. Maxing Collins would be a good reason to go into the tax. Declining Boucher's option is always an option too. I get that everyone loves him but goddamn is he ever a double edged sword.
    We don't have Collins' bird rights so we can't go over the cap to sign him. That is cap circumvention and not allowed in the NBA. You could have Hawks sign him with bird rights and arrange a sign and trade, but then salaries will need to match so you'd have to send 30 million in salaries their way (and they would have to agree to take on those salaries).

There are rules that have to be followed. What you are suggesting the NBA would not allow.

I think you can do the trade since you can generate a TPE, but if Atlanta wants to keep Collins, then it's a moot point. And we can't offer a contract due to lack of space.

So it only works if they are fine not keeping him but are willing to facilitate to a team who cant sign him outright, which will probably cost us an asset.

We don't have Collins' bird rights so we can't go over the cap to sign him. That is cap circumvention and not allowed in the NBA. You could have Hawks sign him with bird rights and arrange a sign and trade, but then salaries will need to match so you'd have to send 30 million in salaries their way (and they would have to agree to take on those salaries).

There are rules that have to be followed. What you are suggesting the NBA would not allow.
    Baynes and Boucher for Collins. ATL declines both their team options or just one of em? Does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Baynes and Boucher for Collins. ATL declines both their team options or just one of em? Does that work?
    Gets about half way there .

Max contract for a player with Collins' league tenure (6 years or less) is projected to start at 28.1 million next year.

Boucher/Baynes combined is 14.3 million. Bembry, Thomas and Watson all have non-guaranteed deals as well (totaling around 5.5 million). If it possible, I'm sure the Raptors capologist would find a way, but numbers don't quite add up to me. I don't think it is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think you can do the trade since you can generate a TPE, but if Atlanta wants to keep Collins, then it's a moot point. And we can't offer a contract due to lack of space.

So it only works if they are fine not keeping him but are willing to facilitate to a team who cant sign him outright, which will probably cost us an asset.
    Atlanta would want considerable compensation. theyre not gonna help a conference rival.

But I do wonder once Lowry becomes a free agent if we could sign Collins first, and then use the bird rights for Lowry and go over ?

Lowry has consistently told his teammates to "take the money" and do what is best for themselves. Lowry is reportedly looking for a 2 year, 60 million dollar deal this off-season. I don't think him taking a discount is consistent with his words or his actions. If he makes 30 million again, we have Siakam, Anunoby, FVV and Lowry making 105 million combined. That doesn't include the 15-20 million Powell will get in free agency. It isn't meant to be a disrespect to Lowry, it is simply recognizing the math.

With no high draft picks and no emerging young talent, and a salary picture that is pushing the luxury tax, there are limited avenues to improve this team.
    The guy had binders full of different teams' cap, players and possible trade scenarios last couple free agencies. People are just pushing their own biases and creating the narrative that they want to hear.

Id be pretty interested in adding derozan back into the fold. Been playing small ball PF lately. 20/5/7.

Id be pretty interested in adding derozan back into the fold. Been playing small ball PF lately. 20/5/7.
    Depending on what we would have to give up Id be interested in that also. I just hope Jamie isnt in the back round reading this somewhere because he will scorch us both for suggesting it lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Atlanta would want considerable compensation. theyre not gonna help a conference rival.

But I do wonder once Lowry becomes a free agent if we could sign Collins first, and then use the bird rights for Lowry and go over ?
    If they dont want to offer a max but a team does then theyll take a pick for it.

That doesnt work for Collins' case I think given he'd get a max in this scenario due to Lowry and Powell cap holds but not 100% sure.

Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast