Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 341 of 342 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342 LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5124
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím still refreshing everyday hoping for a Durant announcement.
    I think he ends up staying with the Nets. We'll see. Not sure anyone will meet the asking price. Unless the Nets bring the asking price down.

But it ain't like he going to the Raptors anyway so why the wait for the announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But it ain't like he going to the Raptors anyway so why the wait for the announcement
    I think he will tell the nets that he wants to play next season in Toronto and this upcoming meeting. I know Iím crazy.

I think he will tell the nets that he wants to play next season in Toronto and this upcoming meeting. I know Iím crazy.
    It wouldn't matter because he is still under contract. I'd imagine no deal gets done unless Barnes is heading the other way, especially if Brown is actually available. It will be funny reading the boards if Barnes has an underwhelming sophomore season. We will see some over reactions for sure lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    It wouldn't matter because he is still under contract. I'd imagine no deal gets done unless Barnes is heading the other way, especially if Brown is actually available. It will be funny reading the boards if Barnes has an underwhelming sophomore season. We will see some over reactions for sure lol.

I think itís a safe bet to say Barnes will never amount to KD. With that said Iím not sure itís worth giving up a 20 year old Barnes for a 34 year old Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think itís a safe bet to say Barnes will never amount to KD. With that said Iím not sure itís worth giving up a 20 year old Barnes for a 34 year old Durant.
    He could, but it would definitely look different. For expample Kawhi cannot score like Durant, but his overall impact is probably greater. Not trying to make a kawhi/barnes comp, but you know what im saying.

He could, but it would definitely look different. For expample Kawhi cannot score like Durant, but his overall impact is probably greater. Not trying to make a kawhi/barnes comp, but you know what im saying.
    KD> Kawhi easily for me

KD> Kawhi easily for me
    It would be nice to see them both healthy at the same time. Both have missed a ton of time over the past 3-4 years. At their peak, I'm inclined to agree with you though.

Yeah I'm keeping Barnes. I just hope fans understand that growth isn't always linear. There seems to be huge expectations for Scottie in year 2 and it easy to see why as he is so talented but I think it also has to do with the KD noise. It is easy to lose sight of growing pains and development when trying to win now.

ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah I'm keeping Barnes. I just hope fans understand that growth isn't always linear. There seems to be huge expectations for Scottie in year 2 and it easy to see why as he is so talented but I think it also has to do with the KD noise. It is easy to lose sight of growing pains and development when trying to win now.

I do think the team has internal improvements next year through development of their young players.
    I expect we will see a really good team. While Barnes is likely to improve, I wonder how much credit he gets from the average fan for his impact. I can easily see him becoming the face of good vibes with this team. Even if it is some of the other young guys taking steps forward too

Just gonna toss the Rico Hines clip here: Loads of Raptors participating as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbMvR4Ln94Q

Not sure if I enjoy it because:

a) downtime in the NBA news cycle
    b) off-season optimism is always fun
    c) the image of ecart's eyes rolling when reading us hype up the Raps after a standard summer workout....

It's all good .

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Just gonna toss the Rico Hines clip here: Loads of Raptors participating as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbMvR4Ln94Q

Not sure if I enjoy it because:

a) downtime in the NBA news cycle
    b) off-season optimism is always fun
    c) the image of ecart's eyes rolling when reading us hype up the Raps after a standard summer workout....

It's all good .
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I do think the team has internal improvements next year through development of their young players.
    I expect we will see a really good team. While Barnes is likely to improve, I wonder how much credit he gets from the average fan for his impact. I can easily see him becoming the face of good vibes with this team. Even if it is some of the other young guys taking steps forward too
    We should see improvements. I very much expect Barnes to take a step forward. It may not mean a huge jump in his counting stats but his impact should be notable as it was last season.

Yeah Rico Hines is all right but if people wanna also work on shooting and getting better, then Lethal Shooter is the man to go to. But from seeing those open gym runs yeah Siakam looked good but he goin to have to prove it more by showing up and staying healthy period. Precious Achiuwa as far as MIP goes, people keep mentioning him but honestly I don't see it. Malachi Flynn sure he's ballin this summer but still has a long way to go to prove that he belongs. Fred VanVleet though I can expect him to ball out and probably become an All Star again but it will also depend on certain things. Trent Jr he probably has that ability to be MIP but again inconsistent and then with OG I mean he did change up his look this summer. OG has cornrows lookin like Kawhi and even acting like Kawhi but he don't play like Kawhi. If he did, he would be a 20 plus PPG scorer night in night out which he isn't but he still shows at least some promise.

yeah the social media grifters are the best coaches