Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Too bad Boucher is so old. Would have been decent trade bait.
    Depends who the suitor is. A 28 year old big who can get 15 ppg, 2.5 bpg off the bench and provides energy and versatility at 6.5 million with a 7 million team option next year certainly would have value. Production is obviously small sample size, but teams looking for short-mid term help from a floor spacing rim protector that knows his role would see that as very attractive. The question would be is he more valuable for our current direction in a trade or still on the roster. I'm thinking he is probably more valuable still on the roster. It is still really early, but how long until he is considered a part of the FVV/Anunoby/Siakam core?

I'm guessing you are thinking of it in the context of a Bradley Beal offer? In which case, if it indicated a full scale rebuild on their end, I'm not sure how much they'd love a 28 year old with 1.5 years left on his contract.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 01-12-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Depends who the suitor is. A 28 year old big who can get 15 ppg, 2.5 bpg off the bench and provides energy and versatility at 6.5 million with a 7 million team option next year certainly would have value. Production is obviously small sample size, but teams looking for short-mid term help from a floor spacing rim protector that knows his role would see that as very attractive. The question would be is he more valuable for our current direction in a trade or still on the roster. I'm thinking he is probably more valuable still on the roster. It is still really early, but how long until he is considered a part of the FVV/Anunoby/Siakam core?

I'm guessing you are thinking of it in the context of a Bradley Beal offer? In which case, if it indicated a full scale rebuild on their end, I'm not sure how much they'd love a 28 year old with 1.5 years left on his contract.
    The thought process is that if you're trying to compete with Harden or Beal, you need to be able to add them without gutting the team too much.

If Boucher was younger then maybe some team can look at him as a cornerstone like Indiana did with Dipo and Sabonis when they traded PG. Then you wouldn't have to give up as much.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-13-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Jarrett Allen or Andre Drummond could be had for cheap I assume? Not interested in Drummond though

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Jarrett Allen or Andre Drummond could be had for cheap I assume? Not interested in Drummond though
    I think the Cavs got Allen so they can let Drummond walk in free agency. Other wise I’d love to trade for him. He’s be the ideal 5 on our team

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I don’t think that deal is all that good.
    What do we have that can beat it ? Minis pick is top 3 protected but still likely lands in the top 10, plus Goldes states first rounder, plus rights to swap picks + a solid prospect in Paschall?

Have you been watching Wiggins this year? He’s been pretty solid for the Warriors. Efficiency is up across the board, defence is much improved, not forcing anything, and playing well off the ball to compliment Curry and best of all they are winning with him as a main piece. Credit to their culture, coaching staff, and leadership because I didn’t think the Wiggins experiment was gonna work for them. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    What do we have that can beat it ? Minis pick is top 3 protected but still likely lands in the top 10, plus Goldes states first rounder, plus rights to swap picks + a solid prospect in Paschall?

Have you been watching Wiggins this year? He’s been pretty solid for the Warriors. Efficiency is up across the board, defence is much improved, not forcing anything, and playing well off the ball to compliment Curry and best of all they are winning with him as a main piece. Credit to their culture, coaching staff, and leadership because I didn’t think the Wiggins experiment was gonna work for them. So far so good.
    I think they’ll want more in terms of (potentially) high picks.

#2. Rockets trade with Raptors
    Victor Oladipo trade, Rockets, Heat

Rockets trade away: Victor Oladipo, Danuel House Jr.

Rockets receive: Norman Powell, Terence Davis, Patrick McCaw, Stanley Johnson, 2022 1st round pick

The Rockets trade away their star player, Victor Oladipo, and solid role player, Danuel House Jr, and receive a plethora of expiring contracts and young talent.

The Rockets would most likely keep Powell and Terence Davis as building blocks for this rebuilding team, while letting the other two players finish the year before entering free agency.

The fact that a draft pick is included makes this deal even more enticing for the Rockets. This would be a great return for a player that they want to move on from.

The Raptors make a move that dramatically improves their chances of getting back into the playoffs. Although Powell has been a key piece to the Raptors’ recent success, his struggles this season have hurt the Raptors and made him one of the more trade-able pieces for the franchise.

This deal would only work if Oladipo commits to a long-term deal with the Raptors. If he won’t sign an extension in Toronto, this would be unlikely. If Oladipo does sign, the Raptors will get the closer that they’ve been looking for.

https://clutchpoints.com/victor-olad...new-superstar/

2022 first? Sign me up.

From what I've read, Oladipo wants to play for Miami.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    #2. Rockets trade with Raptors
    Victor Oladipo trade, Rockets, Heat

Rockets trade away: Victor Oladipo, Danuel House Jr.

Rockets receive: Norman Powell, Terence Davis, Patrick McCaw, Stanley Johnson, 2022 1st round pick

The Rockets trade away their star player, Victor Oladipo, and solid role player, Danuel House Jr, and receive a plethora of expiring contracts and young talent.

The Rockets would most likely keep Powell and Terence Davis as building blocks for this rebuilding team, while letting the other two players finish the year before entering free agency.

The fact that a draft pick is included makes this deal even more enticing for the Rockets. This would be a great return for a player that they want to move on from.

The Raptors make a move that dramatically improves their chances of getting back into the playoffs. Although Powell has been a key piece to the Raptors’ recent success, his struggles this season have hurt the Raptors and made him one of the more trade-able pieces for the franchise.

This deal would only work if Oladipo commits to a long-term deal with the Raptors. If he won’t sign an extension in Toronto, this would be unlikely. If Oladipo does sign, the Raptors will get the closer that they’ve been looking for.

https://clutchpoints.com/victor-olad...new-superstar/

2022 first? Sign me up.
    I don't know how that works seeing as how Oladipo just got traded to the Rockets in a blockbuster and he hasn't even played a game for them yet. Unless he were to leave Houston in free agency by playin the rest of the season out with them and if his contract situation comes up, is there even a guarantee he would end up in Toronto? I doubt it

And also why would you take your chances on Oladipo if he is nowhere near his All Star form that he showed 3 years ago in 2018

Is Oladipo even better than Terrence Davis? Sure he's is averaging 20 ppg, but he's shooting just 42% from the field, 70% from the FT line and 36% from deep. While Davis is yet to earn big time minutes with all of the guards on this team, he is now shooting 46% from the field, 41% from deep and 100% from the FT line. After shooting 45% from the field, 39% from deep and 86% from the line as a rookie. He needs to get out of the doghouse so he can start getting some consistent PT again. He should be playing at least 20 mpg imo.

I can't see trading players and picks to Houston for Oladipo. I'd literally rather just start Davis so they can develop him and bring Fred off the bench for 35 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Is Oladipo even better than Terrence Davis? Sure he's is averaging 20 ppg, but he's shooting just 42% from the field, 70% from the FT line and 36% from deep. While Davis is yet to earn big time minutes with all of the guards on this team, he is now shooting 46% from the field, 41% from deep and 100% from the FT line. After shooting 45% from the field, 39% from deep and 86% from the line as a rookie. He needs to get out of the doghouse so he can start getting some consistent PT again. He should be playing at least 20 mpg imo.

I can't see trading players and picks to Houston for Oladipo. I'd literally rather just start Davis so they can develop him and bring Fred off the bench for 35 minutes.
    He’s better than TD at creating shots yes.

Rockets are waiving Cabloclo, any interest there?

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    From what I've read, Oladipo wants to play for Miami.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Yeah he would be a nice fit in Miami. I wonder if he would be ok with being here if he gets traded to the raps.

nah we have too many wings. we should have been taking flyers on bigs. Baynes and Len were uninspired signings. Would love to see the stats Mr Advanced Stats was name dropping in every post about Baynes.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    nah we have too many wings. we should have been taking flyers on bigs. Baynes and Len were uninspired signings. Would love to see the stats Mr Advanced Stats was name dropping in every post about Baynes.
    Dipo is a pure SG. You don’t want him matched up with forwards. If Powell+ goes out then he would fit nicely.

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast