Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 377 of 390 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5839
  1. #5641
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,537
    Fred left his agency. 👀

    idk if you guys have seen the behind the scenes stuff from Fred's FA last time but he was surprised nobody gave him any decent offers.

    looks like he's not getting the offers he wants rn either

    if he signs with Klutch lmfao, Masai got his work cut out for him. They're screwed. Klutch already wants OG out of Toronto. They already have Nurse, OG and Gary.

  2. #5642
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,537
    People think it is warrantless speculation and character assassination but here's Nick Nurse talking about it in his book. People just don't want to see it.

    https://i.imgur.com/RTMij3u.jpg

  3. #5643
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,749
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The fact that he thinks he is a max player is now is laughable. Who ever pays him that will regret it.

    He is not a top 3 option on a good team. Never was, never will be. I remember Mike James put up sexy numbers as a raptor when we were a bad team. Freddy is better then Mike James but his impact on winning is similar. He can put up the numbers with the usage. But so can a lot of players with the mins and usage that he gets.
    Couple things:
    Fred will cash in on jalen brunsons success in NY. And yes whoever that team is will likely regret it, unless they have an understanding of what he is now and aren’t expecting anything more then that. He still has some stand out skills. Like a play drawn up ending in an open Fred 3 is still a great play. There is just no way he should be defending the point of attack or being relied on to lead an efficient half court offence.

    Mike James was the first time I had ever seen someone just straight up abuse the 3pt line. Felt like the majority of his points came from back there, in a time when a PG lead scorer was unheard of. I actually think that mike James season was trail blazing and helped transform the league into what it is today.
    I also think video games have manipulated the strategies in the league. I know that might sound crazy and I’m sure ecart will have a lot of supporting evidence about why I’m wrong, but the early iterations of sandbox simulators… that was the best we had. I doubt franchises had a better simulation. How I came to this conclusion is because I remember being all over the “penetrating/scoring PG+ 3pt shooting big man” thing before the league went crazy on it. Sebastian telfair and raef lafrentz made an unstoppable combo despite being ****. It’s why I got so excited for forde+Barnani.

  4. #5644
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,749
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    People think it is warrantless speculation and character assassination but here's Nick Nurse talking about it in his book. People just don't want to see it.

    https://i.imgur.com/RTMij3u.jpg
    I like that 6-1 ratio thing. Good life advice

  5. #5645
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,537
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Couple things:
    Fred will cash in on jalen brunsons success in NY. And yes whoever that team is will likely regret it, unless they have an understanding of what he is now and aren’t expecting anything more then that. He still has some stand out skills. Like a play drawn up ending in an open Fred 3 is still a great play. There is just no way he should be defending the point of attack or being relied on to lead an efficient half court offence.

    Mike James was the first time I had ever seen someone just straight up abuse the 3pt line. Felt like the majority of his points came from back there, in a time when a PG lead scorer was unheard of. I actually think that mike James season was trail blazing and helped transform the league into what it is today.
    I also think video games have manipulated the strategies in the league. I know that might sound crazy and I’m sure ecart will have a lot of supporting evidence about why I’m wrong, but the early iterations of sandbox simulators… that was the best we had. I doubt franchises had a better simulation. How I came to this conclusion is because I remember being all over the “penetrating/scoring PG+ 3pt shooting big man” thing before the league went crazy on it. Sebastian telfair and raef lafrentz made an unstoppable combo despite being ****. It’s why I got so excited for forde+Barnani.
    Nah it is analytics. Video games get close to the analytic ideal not because 2k is so good at modelling the real world, but because they suck at modelling the real world. You don't have fine control over your player model and there's no delineation in space. Meaning if you do a dribble move from the 3 point line you're already at the rim. It's not realistic. So people end up taking 3s and driving to the rim naturally due to the limitations of the game engine. That gets you close to the analytic ideal. How many people in 2k shoot long 2s? Is it because players understand analytics? Or is it because it is hard to actually naturally set up a long 2 in that game?

    I mean franchises do have better simulations because they use tracking data. You get a sneak peak into what is possible every year during the sloan conference. Zach Lowe had a great write up about the simulations Eric Khoury made for us when he was an engineering grad student working as an unpaid intern for the Raptors.

    A few examples that improve upon what the Raptors did in 2013.

    https://global-uploads.webflow.com/5...20Defenses.pdf

    http://www.yisongyue.com/publication...7_ghosting.pdf
    Last edited by ecart; 01-24-2023 at 08:31 PM.

  6. #5646
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,537
    I also disagree with Mike James being a trailblazer and for it to be unheard of. I think that title belongs to Gilbert Arenas. Nobody respected Mike James from 3 as a volume scorer. Gil was taking transition 3s. Of all the score first guards back then, Gil is the only guy that resembles a modern guard imo.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-24-2023 at 08:49 PM.

  7. #5647
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,537
    going to be funny/sad if OG was the problem all along. it is always the quiet ones.

  8. #5648
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    8,226
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    going to be funny/sad if OG was the problem all along. it is always the quiet ones.
    Why are they leaking this stuff? Hopefully MU trades him before value goes down.

  9. #5649
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,537
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Why are they leaking this stuff? Hopefully MU trades him before value goes down.
    klutch doesn't care

  10. #5650
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,170
    Gtt and 2024 1st (protected) for Davion Mitchelland salary filler. Kings not using him much. He's an elite defender and we can develop him.

  11. #5651
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    8,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Gtt and 2024 1st (protected) for Davion Mitchelland salary filler. Kings not using him much. He's an elite defender and we can develop him.
    Raptors shouldn't be trading any of their 1st round picks. They should be acquiring them.

  12. #5652
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Gtt and 2024 1st (protected) for Davion Mitchelland salary filler. Kings not using him much. He's an elite defender and we can develop him.
    Davion has a lot of fight defensively, but he is quite small. I liked him at the draft, but he hasn't had quite the impact in his first two years as I would have thought. I'm not sure I like the idea of trading future firsts for him.

  13. #5653
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,588
    Plus Fred he's been an All Star and not to mention he helped win y'all a championship 4 years ago. He was an integral part of that. Built his stardom in Toronto and honestly at this point he deserves better than this.

  14. #5654
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,965
    Loads of rumours picking up.

    OG Anunoby wants out. Not sure Bob McCown is overly connected, but apparently he heard from a source on Inside the NBA.

    FVV, agency switch. Maybe he wants someone to help ensure his bird rights go to a team that can both contend and pay him. Not sure an agent change can do that, but we’ll see.

    Raptors getting more aggressive for Poeltl. Apparently hoping to use GTJ to a third team that then sends assets to SA.

  15. #5655
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,588
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Loads of rumours picking up.

    OG Anunoby wants out. Not sure Bob McCown is overly connected, but apparently he heard from a source on Inside the NBA.

    FVV, agency switch. Maybe he wants someone to help ensure his bird rights go to a team that can both contend and pay him. Not sure an agent change can do that, but we’ll see.

    Raptors getting more aggressive for Poeltl. Apparently hoping to use GTJ to a third team that then sends assets to SA.
    I don't blame both guys for wanting out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •