Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 5685
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah the best of the NO and LAL picks + herb and Daniels for OG fees fair. I can see us coming out on top in that deal long term. The proposal from winhorst had another NO pick in it, but tbh I donít think I would need it to accept.
    long term? lol you win that trade now. it would be like the Rudy Gay trade. we would win so many games.

Pelicans are my league pass team. This is going to sound blasphemous but Herb is a better defender than OG. On ball defence is close but Herb's off ball defence is significantly better. His awareness and ability to anticipate and problem solve is way better. Offensively it isn't even close, OG is better but the Raptors already have too many mouths to feed. Dyson Daniels imo is legit. He just needs touches but his defence is already elite.

Daniels, Herb, Scottie, Siakam, Precious would be such a suffocating defensive lineup.

The issue with the Pelicans is they have too many good young players. Even Naji Marshall is a decent prospect. So it means they have a finite amount of resources they can spend on each player. I think Dyson Daniels will develop and turn out fine regardless. But if you focus on Herb Jones' development and improve on his shooting, you basically have an OG replacement.

This is why I don't think the Pelicans will do it but who knows. I've been hyping this trade for a while now, would love for it to happen.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-27-2023 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    long term? lol you win that trade now. it would be like the Rudy Gay trade. we would win so many games.

Pelicans are my league pass team. This is going to sound blasphemous but Herb is a better defender than OG. On ball defence is close but Herb's off ball defence is significantly better. His awareness and ability to anticipate and problem solve is way better. Offensively it isn't even close, OG is better but the Raptors already have too many mouths to feed. Dyson Daniels imo is legit. He just needs touches but his defence is already elite.

Daniels, Herb, Scottie, Siakam, Precious would be such a suffocating defensive lineup.

The issue with the Pelicans is they have too many good young players. Even Naji Marshall is a decent prospect. So it means they have a finite amount of resources they can spend on each player. I think Dyson Daniels will develop and turn out fine regardless. But if you focus on Herb Jones' development and improve on his shooting, you basically have an OG replacement.

This is why I don't think the Pelicans will do it but who knows. I've been hyping this trade for a while now, would love for it to happen.
    You think herb and Daniels for OG turns this team into a winner? I donít think they have that much more impact than 1 OG does. Herb has been having a down year with injuries from what Iíve read.

You think herb and Daniels for OG turns this team into a winner? I donít think they have that much more impact than 1 OG does. Herb has been having a down year with injuries from what Iíve read.
    Not contenders but much better than where they are at right now. This team has too many players that demand the ball. Add a couple of low usage guys that are able to impact the game without the ball and you make up the offensive impact. Not everything is about box score stats.

Injuries are a part of it but they have way too many good players at the same position. Hard to develop consistency. His defense is legitimately good. You won't lose anything defensively going from OG to Herb.

Plus he is a way more coordinated and fluid athlete. Trust me if the Raptors get this guy, within a couple weeks you're going to be saying David Griffin is an idiot how the hell did Masai get away with this. These guys are all underutilized. They're the type of players that just explode once they leave or you give them the opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zayqcbyebrQ
    Last edited by ecart; 01-27-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Love that Fred is signed to Klutch because if he's signed to Rich Paul and is a Rich Paul Guy, then Rich will make sure FVV gets his money 💰

Klutch is so much more than Rich Paul. It's a legitimately big agency now. They have a partnership with one of the biggest talent agencies (UTA). He can get paid 30+M somewhere else.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-27-2023 at 11:30 PM.

Not contenders but much better than where they are at right now. This team has too many players that demand the ball. Add a couple of low usage guys that are able to impact the game without the ball and you make up the offensive impact. Not everything is about box score stats.

Injuries are a part of it but they have way too many good players at the same position. Hard to develop consistency. His defense is legitimately good. You won't lose anything defensively going from OG to Herb.

Plus he is a way more coordinated and fluid athlete. Trust me if the Raptors get this guy, within a couple weeks you're going to be saying David Griffin is an idiot how the hell did Masai get away with this. These guys are all underutilized. They're the type of players that just explode once they leave or you give them the opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zayqcbyebrQ
    Two of Jones, Murphy and Daniels at the Center of an OG trade is something I could get behindÖ

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Two of Jones, Murphy and Daniels at the Center of an OG trade is something I could get behindÖ
    I'm a bit hesitant making that trade during the season because I know for a fact we're going to go on a winning streak like we did with the Rudy trade and like Denver did with the Melo trade. Might be too greedy of a thought.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-27-2023 at 11:34 PM.

I'm a bit hesitant making that trade during the season because I know for a fact we're going to go on a winning streak like we did with the Rudy trade and like Denver did with the Melo trade. Might be too greedy of a thought.
    All good if you get that lal pick.

idk man. Lebron is going to get them into the playoffs. Last season he gave up but this season he's going for it. I think they're going to turn it around.

idk man. Lebron is going to get them into the playoffs. Last season he gave up but this season he's going for it. I think they're going to turn it around.
    Heís been blowing my brain too.

Can't count him out. Lakers are going to make more moves. If his health holds up, Lakers will make the playoffs.

If itís a swap our pick will likely be better than the lakers or pelicans.

I watched an interview with David Griffin recently and he was reflecting on the successes and failures of his previous stints and how that affects his mindset with the Pelicans. I'll admit I was wrong about him. It seems like he really learned from his previous mistakes and understands that a lot of his moves made it difficult to maintain a winning environment. His goal for the Pels is to create a sustainable winning culture.

Apparently teams in play for VanVleet when it comes to a trade package:

There are 8 teams where Toronto would actually get significant value for him with said teams being:

8- Orlando Magic
    7- Washington Wizards
    6- Phoenix Suns
    5- Los Angeles Clippers
    4- Minnesota Timberwolves
    3- Los Angeles Lakers
    2- New Orleans Pelicans
    1- Dallas Mavericks

The 2 best landing spots for VanVleet out of those 8 where y'all would get significant value back in return would be the New Orleans Pelicans and the Dallas Mavericks

And for OG Anunoby if the Raptors do trade him, best landing spots for OG would be the Memphis Grizzlies, New York Knicks (division rival), Dallas Mavericks or the Phoenix Suns. Now out of those 4 teams, the 2 best spots for OG to be would be Memphis or New York