Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1588
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    For us? For 2 years (life of Horford's contract)? Yes.

7 teams with 25+ million in cap space is a huge market when their aren't marquee free agents available... Who are the UFA's that "only" 7 teams will be looking to sign under their cap? Can you name 5 players even that should make 25 million annually from this FA class?

As I said above, there aren't 7 real contenders for Kyle this off season....only about 3. (And that assumes that Miami ditches Dragic and Oladipo for the chance to try and pry him away from the Raptors.) He isn't going to places like OKC or SA even if they tried to sign him(..especially if Demar isn't in SA anymore, which is a good probability for a rebuilding Spurs team).

You are totally right how thin the top of this FA crop is. Which is why the Raptors aren't going to just let (arguably) the best player in franchise history walk away just to create cap space for some role players. If he really wants out, it will likely come via a sign and trade. Otherwise, he is likely going to get the most money from the Raptors. The Knicks tried to get him before via trade, so they could come knocking to try and get some leadership for Barrett and Randle, but I think Derrick Rose already fills that role for the Knicks. They have a lot of cap space, but they also need to rebuild over half of their team with just 6 guys (counting Randle which technically isn't even fully guaranteed but is going to be retained) on guaranteed deals next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    As I said above, there aren't 7 real contenders for Kyle this off season....only about 3. (And that assumes that Miami ditches Dragic and Oladipo for the chance to try and pry him away from the Raptors.) He isn't going to places like OKC or SA even if they tried to sign him(..especially if Demar isn't in SA anymore, which is a good probability for a rebuilding Spurs team).

You are totally right how thin the top of this FA crop is. Which is why the Raptors aren't going to just let (arguably) the best player in franchise history walk away just to create cap space for some role players. If he really wants out, it will likely come via a sign and trade. Otherwise, he is likely going to get the most money from the Raptors. The Knicks tried to get him before via trade, so they could come knocking to try and get some leadership for Barrett and Randle, but I think Derrick Rose already fills that role for the Knicks. They have a lot of cap space, but they also need to rebuild over half of their team with just 6 guys (counting Randle which technically isn't even fully guaranteed but is going to be retained) on guaranteed deals next season.
    I know Birch and Gillespie are getting some love right now at the C position. Would you be fine if the Raptors mostly came into the next season with the same team? (ie. resign Lowry, Birch, Trent, Gillespie, add our 3 draft picks, maybe say goodbye to Stanley Johnson, Aron Baynes).

I know Birch and Gillespie are getting some love right now at the C position. Would you be fine if the Raptors mostly came into the next season with the same team? (ie. resign Lowry, Birch, Trent, Gillespie, add our 3 draft picks, maybe say goodbye to Stanley Johnson, Aron Baynes).
    For the most part, I'd be ok with that. I would like to maybe diversify the center position by signing another cheap player with potential, but based on who's out there in free agency, I'm ok with what I'm seeing out of the core and the development of the bench. Add a lottery draft pick and potentially 2 2nd rounders later in the season after some G-League time, and I still think we're headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

I believe the knicks prime target is Lonzo. He fits their window and they have the cap space for a poison pill contract. What I think ends up happening is they do a s&t but other than Knox & Quickly I don't see other pieces that can go the Pelicans way. But I do think the Knicks end up with Lonzo.

Ive been trying to see what a realistic contract would be for Lowry. I'm thinking something along the lines of 3 years $45 mill with a player option on the 3rd year. 15/15/10 or 14/14/12 .. .something like that I think could work.

I think if we bring Lowry back as a 6th man to lead the 2nd unit it would help the bench players a lot. What I foresee is 3 rookies+ Flynn, Boucher, Yuta, and Gillespie on the bench next year. That's a lot of in experience, but if we have Lowry leading them it could really make a difference. He would in a sense be a player coach setting the tone for the young guys. I also think that's the best way to mold the young guys in to the culture which is really just a reflection of the way Lowry plays.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 04-27-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Imagine saving all that cap space for guys like Hardaway jr and Otto Porter Masai really had tunnel vision on Giannis for this free agency and now were like ok lets just spend it on Lowry lmao

I read that Masai has his eyes on a job outside the NBA. I have been predicting this all season long. Hes gone, gone. I think the writing was in the wall with how everything has transpired. It really seems he busted his nut when we won the ship and now hes like ok whats next.
    https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/04/2...-nba-next-job/

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I believe the knicks prime target is Lonzo. He fits their window and they have the cap space for a poison pill contract. What I think ends up happening is they do a s&t but other than Knox & Quickly I don't see other pieces that can go the Pelicans way. But I do think the Knicks end up with Lonzo.

Ive been trying to see what a realistic contract would be for Lowry. I'm thinking something along the lines of 3 years $45 mill with a player option on the 3rd year. 15/15/10 or 14/14/12 .. .something like that I think could work.

I think if we bring Lowry back as a 6th man to lead the 2nd unit it would help the bench players a lot. What I foresee is 3 rookies+ Flynn, Boucher, Yuta, and Gillespie on the bench next year. That's a lot of in experience, but if we have Lowry leading them it could really make a difference. He would in a sense be a player coach setting the tone for the young guys. I also think that's the best way to mold the young guys in to the culture which is really just a reflection of the way Lowry plays.
    I canít imagine Knox or quickley going back in a sign and trade. S&Tís usually donít have that much value going back. Especially when the signing team has the cap space to just sign them outright.

Imagine saving all that cap space for guys like Hardaway jr and Otto Porter Masai really had tunnel vision on Giannis for this free agency and now were like ok lets just spend it on Lowry lmao

I read that Masai has his eyes on a job outside the NBA. I have been predicting this all season long. Hes gone, gone. I think the writing was in the wall with how everything has transpired. It really seems he busted his nut when we won the ship and now hes like ok whats next.
    https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/04/2...-nba-next-job/
    Could see him going to Europe and running a soccer team or something. Iím still hopeful MLSE can make him an offer he canít refuse. Highest paid executive in the sport anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I canít imagine Knox or quickley going back in a sign and trade. S&Tís usually donít have that much value going back. Especially when the signing team has the cap space to just sign them outright.
    The Pelicans also have the option to match as he is a RFA. Pelicans will most def try to work a s&t before just giving up Lonzo after trading for him and Ingram.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/p...on-per-report/

Could see him going to Europe and running a soccer team or something. Iím still hopeful MLSE can make him an offer he canít refuse. Highest paid executive in the sport anyone?
    And I really wouldnt get that move. Why spend all these years solidifying yourself as one of the top Front Office people in the league only to go and start from the bottom in another league.

I mean to each their own, but I would be very disappointed.

And I really wouldnt get that move. Why spend all these years solidifying yourself as one of the top Front Office people in the league only to go and start from the bottom in another league.

I mean to each their own, but I would be very disappointed.
    $$$ is my guess. Really just hope he stays.

Imagine he becomes president of like AT&T or something ....

$$$ is my guess. Really just hope he stays.

Imagine he becomes president of like AT&T or something ....
    For our sake I hope he sticks with the raps. For a lot of Masai tenure he was experimenting with a core that BC built. Derozan, Lowry, JV, Ross etc. This is the core that Masai built and I hope he sticks around to finish what he started with this core group.

For our sake I hope he sticks with the raps. For a lot of Masai tenure he was experimenting with a core that BC built. Derozan, Lowry, JV, Ross etc. This is the core that Masai built and I hope he sticks around to finish what he started with this core group.
    Yeah and the more I think about it, the less confidence I have in Webster. Heís an accountant/contract guy. Great assistant... but not a basketball guy. MLSE would love him, but Iím skeptical he can lead us to another championship.

Can anyone think of a way to add turner without moving our pick or any of the core 3? Ideally keeping Trent too. Boucher could go, but obviously we would like to keep him in a perfect world.

Can anyone think of a way to add turner without moving our pick or any of the core 3? Ideally keeping Trent too. Boucher could go, but obviously we would like to keep him in a perfect world.
    We could fit his salary into our cap space if we renounce Lowry's bird rights.

As far as value....

Flynn, Boucher, 2022 lottery protected first?

Depending where we pick, offering them a chance to move 6-7 spots up could appeal to them.

We could fit his salary into our cap space if we renounce Lowry's bird rights.

As far as value....

Flynn, Boucher, 2022 lottery protected first?

Depending where we pick, offering them a chance to move 6-7 spots up could appeal to them.
    Thatís a good point about trading down to add him. Especially if MU has his eye on a guy off the board. That would be classic MU.

Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast