Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 281 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4202
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    As am I. I have my bets that Masai likes this core and will build on it. If thereís a deal that makes sense I can totally see him making a move by the dead line.
    I meant that the reporters are trying to have their cake and eat it too by reporting that the Raptors are sellers and then hedging their bets and saying they're buyers later on. Can't be wrong if you report both sides of the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lol they're all hedging their bets. They also said they were sellers.

I haven't really criticized anyone. I just shared my personal opinion of what my ideal situation looks like and since you acknowledged in previous conversations with other people that some of the trades are unrealistic, I added a little quip of what contracts to look for if you wanted to be more realistic.
    Iím talking about the guys who get negative sensations when I donít prop up or boost up the team, scouting, and every end of the bench player that we have in an epic homersitic fashion.

The ones who canít fathom a move being made because they are enamoured with guys like Yuta/Flynn and think we donít need help. We just need to play them.

Or the guys who canít fathom any moves being made because of their own assessment of what the FO and owners want to do and feel their assessment is concrete.

Iím an options type of guy. In every sense of the term. I like to explore options and different avenues of how the team can improve. Iím not adamant on what I believe the direction should be based on my level of understanding. I know that GMs can get creative. I know they can do things none of us could predict or even imagine. So I never put walls up on discussions.

Iíve never had a problem in discussing with you. I only have a problem when someone dismisses ideas because it doesnít line up with their own vision.

Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-26-2022 at 02:04 PM.

I meant that the reporters are trying to have their cake and eat it too by reporting that the Raptors are sellers and then hedging their bets and saying they're buyers later on. Can't be wrong if you report both sides of the coin.
    fair enough, but at the same token there is something to their reports because if you have two all stars and a stud rookie, you really should be building on that, not selling.

Other wise I dunno what perfect storm weíre waiting to build on. I think we got extremely lucky landing Barnes, and having guys like Siakam, FVV. Itís actually a very fortunate situation that the team has found itself in.

They just have to great creative moving forward to surround them with the right talent. And I think Nurse is signalling that to our front office. Heís basically saying look I have a small core group of guys that can win games essentially with 0 help. So letís get them some help? And the guys we have outside of that core arenít good enough.

Maybe thatís just my interpretation of his actions and comments.

All I know is, they're 100% going to dump some contracts to create reasonable distance from the tax line. I wouldn't get too attached lmfao.

fair enough, but at the same token there is something to their reports because if you have two all stars and a stud rookie, you really should be building on that, not selling.

Other wise I dunno what perfect storm weíre waiting to build on. I think we got extremely lucky landing Barnes, and having guys like Siakam, FVV. Itís actually a very fortunate situation that the team has found itself in.

They just have to great creative moving forward to surround them with the right talent. And I think Nurse is signalling that to our front office. Heís basically saying look I have a small core group of guys that can win games essentially with 0 help. So letís get them some help? And the guys we have outside of that core arenít good enough.

Maybe thatís just my interpretation of his actions and comments.
    I think it depends on a number of things, and what the market is like at the deadline.

If some big contracts are being moved then Dragic suddenly becomes very useful to facilitate such trades. And the numbers for the Siakam, OG, Barnes lineups are pretty mediocre. So with that and the fact that some key players may test FA in the near future, I can see why they would want to be sellers.

I can also see why they would be buyers. This team is never a real contender in free agency and with the whole COVID situation, we're not even in the conversation. So trade and the draft/scouting are really their only avenues. We're under the cap next season, so I can see them taking on a bigger contract for this season and the next. Adding that "missing" piece might allow them to evaluate this roster more honestly.

Personally, I don't even know where I stand. I don't think people realize how dire their situation is. They don't have the luxury of slow organic growth like previous years. Even if we keep our core, other teams WILL force us to match gigantic contracts. But also at the same time, there's so much parity in the league atm + play in that the trade market is pretty *******.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-26-2022 at 02:42 PM.

I mean he can finish easy baskets inside. I just don't really think of that as being able to score inside.
    Heís got some solid speed for a big man and is more than capable of putting the ball on the floor. Heís good at getting to the rim is how I should put it.

My point is if weíre gonna build through the draft we should commit to it. Play the young players more, focus on developing, while improving our draft position. Maybe trade some guys for more draft assets like (GTJ/Boucher/Flynn,Dragic etc..)

Or stay with the core and add at the dead line to help them compete. Staying in the middle of the pack doesnít help draft odds, nor does it help us compete. This is a discussion about direction. Iím not sure where youíre getting negative vibes. I feel like thereís two options here and we need to take one.

if you have ideas of how youíd like to see the team move fwd youíre welcome to share them.
    I think that the strength of our scouting/development allows us to both at the same time. The only reason we have a core at all is because we were able to do both at the same time.

Looks like nurse has the data they needed of our core playing together, and he is going to the bench a bit more lately. I prefer he uses the bench more, but I donít think we should be trading top 7 (of our team) talent away.

As far as additions to the team go, I am warming up to the idea of an Ibaka type trade where we swap our 1st. But we are currently out of the playoffs, and Iím not expecting a long run even if we do make it. Any additions need to be with an eye on making a run next year and the year after that (keep thinking of the Ibaka addition). Turner for a 1st isnít bad because he will bring something big to the team next season. Allows Masai to focus his attention on adding another playmaker to round out this team in the offseason. If he does that then we are all of a sudden 9 deep and in the perennial 50 win pretender range.

Read an article that said they would be shopping Murray in the off season. And that JP could be available now. Maybe they donít believe in the core too much if theyíre making Murray and JP available. Their next best players are like Keldon Johnson and White.

Maybe they wanna sell assets and go with the youth movement Primo/Vassel/Johnson.
    What would you give for both Murray and Poertle? If there is a way to add them without touching the core then rebuild complete.

I would personally give up a lot for Murray. If he wasn't on the Spurs he would have been all defensive first team for multiple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    What would you give for both Murray and Poertle? If there is a way to add them without touching the core then rebuild complete.
    Anything outside of FVV/Siakam/Barnes

[Mike A. Scotto] A lot of Executives around the league expect either Dorian Finney-Smith or Jalen Brunson to possibly be on the move by the trade deadline, since it will tough for Dallas to keep both those players going forward and avoid the luxury tax.
    hmm. would be nice piece but man would be so complicated financially
    Last edited by ecart; 01-26-2022 at 04:56 PM.

hmm. would be nice piece but man would be so complicated financially
    I like him but He wants 4 years 80 mill.

Brunson = FVV semi lite but on the same trajectory

What could we even trade?

Or what if y'all trade for THJ...Tim Hardaway Jr