Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 221 of 281 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4204
  1. #3301
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,192
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You and I were saying the same thing only they chose to come at me for for 3-4 more pages. Which says a lot.

    If anyone wants to be team lead or a mod here in the raptors forum private message me.

    Iím not gonna be the new Ink around here Ö simple as that.

    Cheers
    Lol welcome to the club. Getting blasted for saying something you feel is obvious haha.

    Tbh though I donít think prob was being over the top. I think there was some miscommunication there and it hit a nerve.

  2. #3302
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Silly convo. Standing pat is a trade idea.

    Smith is right - if we want to make a run this playoffs then we need another quality bench piece or 2.

    But ultimately I agree that the best move is to plan for 2 years from now. Gordon doesnt fit that timeline. I like those shots and ball handling minutes going to siakam and Barnes.
    I agree with bolded, but to clarify, I'm not even saying that necessarily. If the options are only trade for Gordon or stand pat, than I'd lean that way clearly. I'd prefer looking at other options though. If they can add pieces to help that have shorter term deals, it would be easier to consider. If the pieces they add are young and fit into more of a long-term picture, that is great too. If they trade away guys from this team (ie. Boucher) to sell high and bring in long-term assets, that also makes some sense to me. I just don't think it is wise to pigeonhole ourselves as a tax team for the foreseeable future to add veteran bench pieces.

    In terms of the silliness of the conversation - I agree it got there and apologize to anyone else for that. I've PM'ed S&W and we can sort it out without creating a public production about it.

  3. #3303
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,575
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Jeez you guys are really going hard on a trade idea TG11 proposed. A very unrealistic one af that. Iíll say it again Itís a moot point. Houston wouldnít do that trade, and we are clear Rapschamp wouldnít either. Letís not beat a dead horse here

    I have a different opinion than you. I see Banton, Precious, Champagnie as developmental pieces. Guys that will grow with the team over time organically like our current core did. But It never happened in year 1. This core is gonna need some help on the bench if they do want to make a playoff run in the short term. So forget Gordon but I would still like to make moves to improve on the bench if we can.
    I didnt think much of the offer and Rockets probably couod get better. I was just saying that it wasnt good for either team based on their direction.

    We do need another bench though, hopefully someone that is a young PG to play behind Fred.

  4. #3304
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,633
    Turner will be out for a little while.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  5. #3305
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I agree with bolded, but to clarify, I'm not even saying that necessarily. If the options are only trade for Gordon or stand pat, than I'd lean that way clearly. I'd prefer looking at other options though. If they can add pieces to help that have shorter term deals, it would be easier to consider. If the pieces they add are young and fit into more of a long-term picture, that is great too. If they trade away guys from this team (ie. Boucher) to sell high and bring in long-term assets, that also makes some sense to me. I just don't think it is wise to pigeonhole ourselves as a tax team for the foreseeable future to add veteran bench pieces.

    In terms of the silliness of the conversation - I agree it got there and apologize to anyone else for that. I've PM'ed S&W and we can sort it out without creating a public production about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I didnt think much of the offer and Rockets probably couod get better. I was just saying that it wasnt good for either team based on their direction.

    We do need another bench though, hopefully someone that is a young PG to play behind Fred.
    Iím glad we can move on from the Gordon thing as I stated many times it wasnít a realistic trade idea to begin with.

    I sustained that we need help on the bench. I think we all agree on that. We all have different ideas of how and when to adress those needs and I think that is common ground enough.

    I agree with both your points that flexibility moving forward is also important. I just got tired of circling back to the Gordon thing when we all knew that trade idea was not realistic anyways.

  6. #3306
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Turner will be out for a little while.
    Maybe the asking price drops down to 1 pick now lol

  7. #3307
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    I think if you look at the Raptors FO moves, they're pretty hesitant about taking long term money. '23 and '24 will be big years for them.

    While the core is decent for now, I think there are still long term issues they have to solve earlier than later. Standing pat may seem to be the less risky option but if we don't improve enough next year, maybe Trent and FVV both leave in the off-season. That would be a pretty big hit to our program imo.

    I don't think they'll pull any Bryan Colangelo type moves but I think they will be under pressure to improve this team without minimizing their long term flexibility.

  8. #3308
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iím glad we can move on from the Gordon thing as I stated many times it wasnít a realistic trade idea to begin with.

    I sustained that we need help on the bench. I think we all agree on that. We all have different ideas of how and when to adress those needs and I think that is common ground enough.

    I agree with both your points that flexibility moving forward is also important. I just got tired of circling back to the Gordon thing when we all knew that trade idea was not realistic anyways.
    A name that did come up in that conversation is Chris Boucher. What do people think we should do with him?

    Resign
    Trade
    Keep and figure it out in the off-season

  9. #3309
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    A name that did come up in that conversation is Chris Boucher. What do people think we should do with him?

    Resign
    Trade
    Keep and figure it out in the off-season
    trade. should have traded him last year. their decisions are kinda confusing to me tbh. theyre unwilling to take on long term salary, but not willing to min/max the edges to give them flexibility. But maybe i'll eat my words at the deadline.

  10. #3310
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Marc Stein is floating an OG for Simmons trade Ö sorry Marc but youíre an idiot.

    If Masai ever did that I would literally lose my ****

  11. #3311
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    A name that did come up in that conversation is Chris Boucher. What do people think we should do with him?

    Resign
    Trade
    Keep and figure it out in the off-season
    This is a tough one. Heís literally our only productive bench piece.

    My only concern is that he demands something we donít wanna give to him in free agency. Or if a team gives him a poison pill contract that we donít wanna match. Then we lose him for nothing.

    It really depends on the return. I certainly would field offers and see what we can get.

  12. #3312
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    This is a tough one. Heís literally our only productive bench piece.

    My only concern is that he demands something we donít wanna give to him in free agency. Or if a team gives him a poison pill contract that we donít wanna match. Then we lose him for nothing.

    It really depends on the return. I certainly would field offers and see what we can get.
    I have never been a believer in his talent. The unorthodox form, shaky handle and lack of strength made me a doubter. He has totally proved me wrong and exceeded any expectation I had for him.

    At 29 and needing a new contract I lean more to trade him. I'd hope for a late first rounder at least though.

    We have Birch and Achiuwa still. I actually wouldn't mind an Ibaka reunion in free agency if we wanted to go cheaper and fill in the backup C spot with some actual height. He's been pretty banged up since he left though. I feel like there are other options this summer that might be more appealing than resigned Boucher.

    As you say, with such a thin bench, it would be a tough pill to swallow

  13. #3313
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I have never been a believer in his talent. The unorthodox form, shaky handle and lack of strength made me a doubter. He has totally proved me wrong and exceeded any expectation I had for him.

    At 29 and needing a new contract I lean more to trade him. I'd hope for a late first rounder at least though.

    We have Birch and Achiuwa still. I actually wouldn't mind an Ibaka reunion in free agency if we wanted to go cheaper and fill in the backup C spot with some actual height. He's been pretty banged up since he left though. I feel like there are other options this summer that might be more appealing than resigned Boucher.

    As you say, with such a thin bench, it would be a tough pill to swallow
    I like the idea of the Ibaka we had. Since heís been a clipper his body has broken down and has back issues. Iím not sure heís ever gonna be the same Ibaka. And I never thought he was going to have a long career. I think he peaked here the last season we had him.

    With that said I can be wrong, he could bounce back. Depends on how old we think he really is lol


    With respect to Boucher I think he can actually still get better. Say for example he lands on a team like the T wolves and gets a starting role. I think with a starting role he can actually improve a bit. But he pretty much is who he is. Iíd be fine with him remaining with the team in the role that heís in but it also depends on the type of contract he wants. Heís on a team friendly deal, but that can change in the off-season.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-20-2022 at 07:50 PM.

  14. #3314
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,125
    Flynn plus Boucher for Coby White? Would Chicago do it?

  15. #3315
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Flynn plus Boucher for Coby White? Would Chicago do it?
    I suggested that a while ago but I don't think so especially since Lonzo is out and Coby has been playing well atm. I think we're at that point where we might have to target players who need new scenery like Killian Hayes (I think he's bad at basketball but just giving an example).

    As good as some of our scouting has been, I can't help that they either have tunnel vision or aren't spending enough on scouting. Kinda seems like a lot of players in our system are slipping through the cracks.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-21-2022 at 09:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •