Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 220 of 281 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4202
  1. #3286
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,568
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think thereís plenty of playing time to go around. playing with 7 guys is not sustainable
    Thats becaus eplayers are injured and Nurse rides the vets. If we dont have 10 mins to spare Banton (who should be playing), do we have 30 mins to give Gordon?

  2. #3287
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Thats becaus eplayers are injured and Nurse rides the vets. If we dont have 10 mins to spare Banton (who should be playing), do we have 30 mins to give Gordon?
    Jeez you guys are really going hard on a trade idea TG11 proposed. A very unrealistic one af that. Iíll say it again Itís a moot point. Houston wouldnít do that trade, and we are clear Rapschamp wouldnít either. Letís not beat a dead horse here

    I have a different opinion than you. I see Banton, Precious, Champagnie as developmental pieces. Guys that will grow with the team over time organically like our current core did. But It never happened in year 1. This core is gonna need some help on the bench if they do want to make a playoff run in the short term. So forget Gordon but I would still like to make moves to improve on the bench if we can.

  3. #3288
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    I dunno how we watch these games and you guys donít see that our bench sinks us all the time, if our starters are playing out of there minds itís always a tough game. And further when you see Boucher being the only consistent player off the bench I dunno how you would figure that another pf is what we need.

    Cray

  4. #3289
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,124
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I dunno how we watch these games and you guys donít see that our bench sinks us all the time, if our starters are playing out of there minds itís always a tough game. And further when you see Boucher being the only consistent player off the bench I dunno how you would figure that another pf is what we need.

    Cray
    We aren't looking for today. We are looking for tomorrow?

  5. #3290
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    We aren't looking for today. We are looking for tomorrow?
    Oh my bad. I thought this was the rumour mill / trade ideas thread. Plebloemer is looking to the future, we should all refrain from discussing the thread topic even you have to admit that is pretty coy

    I listened to an hour long radio show on the raps today about the possibilities of Dragic and Boucher trades. They talked about Gorans brother Zoran saying that Dragic is just waiting on the TDL. And that Boucher is an attractive trade piece considering his bird rights. They talked about everything from trading them together, to separately, or keeping one or the other. Not like raptors nation arenít talking about these things.

    And again Im also a Rockets fan. Ofcourse Iím gonna look at that trade like itís a no brainer for us because when I look at it from Houstonís stand points itís actually laughable. If me thinking that was a dumb trade suggestion lead to this I dunno what to tell ya.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-19-2022 at 11:19 PM.

  6. #3291
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,124
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Oh my bad. I thought this was the rumour mill / trade ideas thread. Plebloemer is looking to the future, we should all refrain from discussing the thread topic even you have to admit that is pretty coy

    I listened to an hour long radio show on the raps today about the possibilities of Dragic and Boucher trades. They talked about Gorans brother Zoran saying that Dragic is just waiting on the TDL. And that Boucher is an attractive trade piece considering his bird rights. They talked about everything from trading them together, to separately, or keeping one or the other. Not like raptors nation arenít talking about these things.

    And again Im also a Rockets fan. Ofcourse Iím gonna look at that trade like itís a no brainer for us because when I look at it from Houstonís stand points itís actually laughable. If me thinking that was a dumb trade suggestion lead to this I dunno what to tell ya.
    The trade ideas/rumour mill thread can't focus trades on the future? Not sure I understand the logic. Do the Rockets threads focus on how they can become championship contenders right now? I guess my flexible mindset is ignorant to what all fans and media want.

  7. #3292
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The trade ideas/rumour mill thread can't focus trades on the future? Not sure I understand the logic. Do the Rockets threads focus on how they can become championship contenders right now? I guess my flexible mindset is ignorant to what all fans and media want.
    Bro we were simply discussing the Gordon trade. When did I say donít discuss any other treades?

    You suggested Smith and I said wow another PF. I never said hey donít talk future trades where did that come from? Lmao this is getting silly.

    Go ahead man.

  8. #3293
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,124
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Bro we were simply discussing the Gordon trade. When did I say donít discuss any other treades?

    You suggested Smith and I said wow another PF. I never said hey donít talk future trades where did that come from? Lmao this is getting silly.

    Go ahead man.
    If you want to know how we got here, read your own post that I quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Oh my bad. I thought this was the rumour mill / trade ideas thread. Plebloemer is looking to the future, we should all refrain from discussing the thread topic even you have to admit that is pretty coy
    I welcome your rationale to how I've moved away from the thread topic.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 01-19-2022 at 11:34 PM.

  9. #3294
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Exactly. And not like dragic expiring gives us 25m in cap space to spend. I think regardless of adding Gordon or not, we would still only have the MLE to work with.
    Is that correct @ecart?
    don't think Raptors want to pay the tax next season.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-20-2022 at 12:13 AM.

  10. #3295
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If you want to know how we got here, read your own post that I quoted.



    I welcome your rationale to how I've moved away from the thread topic.
    Because I keep saying we need to secure the bench and make moves. And you say weíre looking toward the future and you prefer to stand pat. Ok but this is a trade ideas thread. Still donít get it?

    Iím good bro, I have no idea what weíre even debating. Youíre looking toward the future thatís cool. What do you want me to say to that? Gods speed lol
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-20-2022 at 12:20 AM.

  11. #3296
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Thats becaus eplayers are injured and Nurse rides the vets. If we dont have 10 mins to spare Banton (who should be playing), do we have 30 mins to give Gordon?
    Weíre rolling 6 deep. Did you watch the game tonight? Check the box score perhaps?

  12. #3297
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Our team is starters + Boucher. Yes I believe we can use some pieces. Iíll continue to say it every game we lose because of our thin rotation and bench. Because it is what it is.

  13. #3298
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,124
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Because I keep saying we need to secure the bench and make moves. And you say weíre looking toward the future and you prefer to stand pat. Ok but this is a trade ideas thread. Still donít get it?

    Iím good bro, I have no idea what weíre even debating. Youíre looking toward the future thatís cool. What do you want me to say to that? Gods speed lol
    Why is the assumption that trade ideas can only be posted on this site if they help teams in the present?

    Why canít posters disagree with the ideas posted here if they think it isnít good for the team?

    I have also listed my own ideas for more long term approaches. That apparently doesnít qualify as trade ideas?

    What your post suggests is that people can only discuss trade ideas if it fits your proposed direction for the team. That is my issue. Is healthy disagreement not allowed?

  14. #3299
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,189
    Silly convo. Standing pat is a trade idea.

    Smith is right - if we want to make a run this playoffs then we need another quality bench piece or 2.

    But ultimately I agree that the best move is to plan for 2 years from now. Gordon doesnt fit that timeline. I like those shots and ball handling minutes going to siakam and Barnes.

  15. #3300
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Silly convo. Standing pat is a trade idea.

    Smith is right - if we want to make a run this playoffs then we need another quality bench piece or 2.

    But ultimately I agree that the best move is to plan for 2 years from now. Gordon doesnt fit that timeline. I like those shots and ball handling minutes going to siakam and Barnes.
    You and I were saying the same thing only they chose to come at me for for 3-4 more pages. Which says a lot.

    If anyone wants to be team lead or a mod here in the raptors forum private message me.

    Iím not gonna be the new Ink around here Ö simple as that.

    Cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •