Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 217 of 281 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4202
  1. #3241
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,247
    Or another trade that makes the Raptors competitive

    Toronto Raptors receive: Domantas Sabonis and Torrey Craig

    Indiana Pacers receive: Goran Dragic, Malachi Flynn, Dalano Banton, Precious Achiuwa, 2022 1st round pick and 2026 1st first round pick


    New look Raptors starting 5

    PG- VanVleet
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Sabonis

    2nd unit

    PG- David Johnson
    SG- Scottie Barnes (moves to 2 guard)
    SF- Torrey Craig/Justin Champagnie
    PF- Chris Boucher/Yuta Watanabe
    C- Khem Birch

  2. #3242
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or another trade that makes the Raptors competitive

    Toronto Raptors receive: Domantas Sabonis and Torrey Craig

    Indiana Pacers receive: Goran Dragic, Malachi Flynn, Dalano Banton, Precious Achiuwa, 2022 1st round pick and 2026 1st first round pick


    New look Raptors starting 5

    PG- VanVleet
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Sabonis

    2nd unit

    PG- David Johnson
    SG- Scottie Barnes (moves to 2 guard)
    SF- Torrey Craig/Justin Champagnie
    PF- Chris Boucher/Yuta Watanabe
    C- Khem Birch
    I'm actually not appalled by this proposal. That starting lineup looks pretty incredible, and Sabonis is locked up on a very friendly contract for 3 years. Of everyone traded, we only lose one actual rotation player. Not bad.

  3. #3243
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,247
    Plus y'all get an All Star caliber Big 3 in Toronto with Siakam, Sabonis and VanVleet

  4. #3244
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,571
    If we cpuld get Sabonis for that, that's an easy trade IMO.

  5. #3245
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,189
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    FVV
    GTJ
    Barnes
    Siakam
    Anunoby
    Achuiwa
    Banton

    Would be my guess
    This was my initial thought too. Though champenie is playing better than Banton and is younger.

    My honest assessment is they actually have 5 guys they see as building blocks (we all know who they are) and he added the extra 1-2 spots for the depth players who want to think they might be in the bubble.

  6. #3246
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,189
    Sabonis is a nice talent, but Iím not sure he fits the team identity.

  7. #3247
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This was my initial thought too. Though champenie is playing better than Banton and is younger.

    My honest assessment is they actually have 5 guys they see as building blocks (we all know who they are) and he added the extra 1-2 spots for the depth players who want to think they might be in the bubble.
    I was high on Champagnie going into the draft, and was happily shocked that we got him undrafted. I'm more excited for his development than I am Banton or Pecious, to be honest.

  8. #3248
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I was high on Champagnie going into the draft, and was happily shocked that we got him undrafted. I'm more excited for his development than I am Banton or Pecious, to be honest.
    I have them all in the same category. All have shown flashes but have a long way to go.

    Someone mentioned Gerald Wallace as a precious comp. I personally donít see that, Wallace was a SF who randomly became a great rebounder, not a C who could guard wings.
    Champennie on the other hand - a SF who could pan out into a 10rbpg guy. I see a Gerald Wallace comp there.

  9. #3249
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    After seeing what the 76ers rejected from Detroit for Simmons, I would say that giving Morey a call would be a waste of time. I thought that was a very reasonable package. Grant is a stud, Bey is a solid piece on both ends and a Detroit 1st round pick has to be seen as more valuable than a 1st from other teams. I just wonder what year that first rounder was. That being said, any deal north of what Detroit offered isn't worth it IMO.

  10. #3250
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    After seeing what the 76ers rejected from Detroit for Simmons, I would say that giving Morey a call would be a waste of time. I thought that was a very reasonable package. Grant is a stud, Bey is a solid piece on both ends and a Detroit 1st round pick has to be seen as more valuable than a 1st from other teams. I just wonder what year that first rounder was. That being said, any deal north of what Detroit offered isn't worth it IMO.
    1. Masai would never trade for a guy like Simmons as he values high character players.
    2. Morey is off his meds. He turned that deal down because he still thinks he can get Harden or Lillard

  11. #3251
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    1. Masai would never trade for a guy like Simmons as he values high character players.
    2. Morey is off his meds. He turned that deal down because he still thinks he can get Harden or Lillard
    The best individual player he can get is probably McCollum now, and I think Grant is much better than CJ. Maybe he's waiting for another disgruntled star to emerge so he can convince a team to just swap disgruntled stars? Maybe Kyrie? I don't know.

  12. #3252
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I have them all in the same category. All have shown flashes but have a long way to go.

    Someone mentioned Gerald Wallace as a precious comp. I personally donít see that, Wallace was a SF who randomly became a great rebounder, not a C who could guard wings.
    Champennie on the other hand - a SF who could pan out into a 10rbpg guy. I see a Gerald Wallace comp there.
    You're forgetting that wings back then had a much more limited skillset and were forced into more traditional roles. Crash would be a 4/5 in today's game.

    What is GW's skillset vs Precious? Hint: The nickname Crash wasn't cause of his rebounding.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-19-2022 at 11:22 AM.

  13. #3253
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    I think Denver got a better deal than their original one.

  14. #3254
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    The best individual player he can get is probably McCollum now, and I think Grant is much better than CJ. Maybe he's waiting for another disgruntled star to emerge so he can convince a team to just swap disgruntled stars? Maybe Kyrie? I don't know.
    No guarantee that the team would trade that disgruntled star for Simmons. Itís a pipe dream. Heís playing chicken with Ben when he should be focusing on helping his team get out of this mess and get them back to contention.

    Morey has lost his touch. Ever since the Paul/RW trade.

  15. #3255
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Denver got a better deal than their original one.
    When I read it, my first thought was if a few teams were surprised by the low value and decided to enter the discussion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •