Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1588
    A free agent target I like is Talen Horton Tucker. Heís just 20 years old, I canít imagine him commanding too much money, but I think he is an interesting young piece for our franchise to develop. If Lowry leaves and FVV slides to pg, GTJ can start while Horton Tucker could be a key reserve.

What do you guys think the market could be for Tucker?

I think Lakers will match any RFA offers. Talent aside, they need contracts on the books to trade for players since they don't have the cap to sign anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Lakers will match any RFA offers. Talent aside, they need contracts on the books to trade for players since they don't have the cap to sign anyone.
    Unless itís a poison pill contact ala Landry the fresh body Fields

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Unless itís a poison pill contact ala Landry the fresh body Fields
    they'll match that still. their cap is ****ed with Lebron and AD anyway.

Siakam is getting drilled in the NBA forum. Who would have thought it would be me defending him lol

they'll match that still. their cap is ****ed with Lebron and AD anyway.
    They may not be able to. The Lakers only have 7 players under contract next year. They only have so much cap space and have to fill out the roster. To your point, Lebron & Davis count for $76.4 mill alone. If a team offers Tucker a poison pill contract and they match it, they might have to find a bunch of guys on a vets min contract to fill out the rest of their roster. Now I'm not saying Tucker is worth doing a massive over payment for, but there is probably a thrush hold of how much they would be willing to match.

Or maybe we do a S&T where we get Tucker and Kuzma back for Lowry and a 2nd rounder?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-13-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    They may not be able to. The Lakers only have 7 players under contract next year. They only have so much cap space and have to fill out the roster. To your point, Lebron & Davis count for $76.4 mill alone. If a team offers Tucker a poison pill contract and they match it, they might have to find a bunch of guys on a vets min contract to fill out the rest of their roster. Now I'm not saying Tucker is worth doing a massive over payment for, but there is probably a thrush hold of how much they would be willing to match.

Or maybe we do a S&T where we get Tucker and Kuzma back for Lowry and a 2nd rounder?
    theres a cap on how much he can make anyway so he'll prob get what tyler johnson got. but theres no way the lakers don't match that. I mean they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out their roster regardless. paying talen is just a matter of whether or not they want to pay the tax to stay competitive. the choice isn't do they want to pay talen $20M or some other player $20M. the choice is basically do I want to pay taxes on talen's $20M or sign a vet min.

I wouldnt be surprised of SchrŲder and Talen both milk the **** out of the Lakers. Talen is signed with Klutch too. Lakers are ****ed.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-13-2021 at 07:03 PM.

THT and Kuzma for Lowry I would do that trade in a heartbeat

Then essentially your new look Raptors would be

PG- THT
    SG- VanVleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Boucher

2nd unit

PG- Flynn
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Watanabe
    PF- Kuzma
    C- Birch/Gillespie

Lakers with their team

PG- Lowry
    SG- KCP
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Anthony Davis
    C- Drummond

Essentially 4 All Stars in that starting lineup with Lowry being a former All Star and Drummond also being a former All Star paired up with AD and LeBron

Lowry gets his chance at another ring this time as a Laker

I would be surprised if the Lakers bring back drummond. He makes Marc look like an all star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    THT and Kuzma for Lowry I would do that trade in a heartbeat

Then essentially your new look Raptors would be

PG- THT
    SG- VanVleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Boucher

2nd unit

PG- Flynn
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Watanabe
    PF- Kuzma
    C- Birch/Gillespie

Lakers with their team

PG- Lowry
    SG- KCP
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Anthony Davis
    C- Drummond

Essentially 4 All Stars in that starting lineup with Lowry being a former All Star and Drummond also being a former All Star paired up with AD and LeBron

Lowry gets his chance at another ring this time as a Laker
    I think Boucher works best as a PF, and due to our lack of a decent center for most of the year he's been forced out of position. Any plan going forward should have him coming off the bench as a PF and ensure we have the centers and depth to keep him as a PF. I just like him roaming on defense more than him holding the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I think Boucher works best as a PF, and due to our lack of a decent center for most of the year he's been forced out of position. Any plan going forward should have him coming off the bench as a PF and ensure we have the centers and depth to keep him as a PF. I just like him roaming on defense more than him holding the post.
    Less room to make bad decisions too.

honestly depends on the matchups. real centers are kinda rare nowadays. when he is against second units, he is practically up against 2s/3s and 4s at the 4 and 5 spots. not every team has a Kanter or Howard off the bench. like the Celtics have 6'6, 6'7 guys as their back up bigs most of the time.

the 4 is the hardest position to play defensively in the Raptors system. i dont really think boucher can handle it sometimes which is why he slots in at the 5 spot a lot.

theres a cap on how much he can make anyway so he'll prob get what tyler johnson got. but theres no way the lakers don't match that. I mean they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out their roster regardless. paying talen is just a matter of whether or not they want to pay the tax to stay competitive. the choice isn't do they want to pay talen $20M or some other player $20M. the choice is basically do I want to pay taxes on talen's $20M or sign a vet min.

I wouldnt be surprised of SchrŲder and Talen both milk the **** out of the Lakers. Talen is signed with Klutch too. Lakers are ****ed.
    ahhh I didnt know that, yeah he aint going no where then.

honestly depends on the matchups. real centers are kinda rare nowadays. when he is against second units, he is practically up against 2s/3s and 4s at the 4 and 5 spots. not every team has a Kanter or Howard off the bench. like the Celtics have 6'6, 6'7 guys as their back up bigs most of the time.

the 4 is the hardest position to play defensively in the Raptors system. i dont really think boucher can handle it sometimes which is why he slots in at the 5 spot a lot.
    I can agree with that. So, I'll amend my opinion to be that I'd like a true center for the starting lineup, and the personnel in place to put Boucher in the best position dependent on matchups.

Are you guys okay with Birch and Gilly being our big rotation going forward?

Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast