Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1588
  1. #1396
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,457
    A free agent target I like is Talen Horton Tucker. Heís just 20 years old, I canít imagine him commanding too much money, but I think he is an interesting young piece for our franchise to develop. If Lowry leaves and FVV slides to pg, GTJ can start while Horton Tucker could be a key reserve.

    What do you guys think the market could be for Tucker?

  2. #1397
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,129
    I think Lakers will match any RFA offers. Talent aside, they need contracts on the books to trade for players since they don't have the cap to sign anyone.

  3. #1398
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,457
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Lakers will match any RFA offers. Talent aside, they need contracts on the books to trade for players since they don't have the cap to sign anyone.
    Unless itís a poison pill contact ala Landry the fresh body Fields

  4. #1399
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Unless itís a poison pill contact ala Landry the fresh body Fields
    they'll match that still. their cap is ****ed with Lebron and AD anyway.

  5. #1400
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,457
    Siakam is getting drilled in the NBA forum. Who would have thought it would be me defending him lol

  6. #1401
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,457
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    they'll match that still. their cap is ****ed with Lebron and AD anyway.
    They may not be able to. The Lakers only have 7 players under contract next year. They only have so much cap space and have to fill out the roster. To your point, Lebron & Davis count for $76.4 mill alone. If a team offers Tucker a poison pill contract and they match it, they might have to find a bunch of guys on a vets min contract to fill out the rest of their roster. Now I'm not saying Tucker is worth doing a massive over payment for, but there is probably a thrush hold of how much they would be willing to match.

    Or maybe we do a S&T where we get Tucker and Kuzma back for Lowry and a 2nd rounder?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-13-2021 at 03:51 PM.

  7. #1402
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    They may not be able to. The Lakers only have 7 players under contract next year. They only have so much cap space and have to fill out the roster. To your point, Lebron & Davis count for $76.4 mill alone. If a team offers Tucker a poison pill contract and they match it, they might have to find a bunch of guys on a vets min contract to fill out the rest of their roster. Now I'm not saying Tucker is worth doing a massive over payment for, but there is probably a thrush hold of how much they would be willing to match.

    Or maybe we do a S&T where we get Tucker and Kuzma back for Lowry and a 2nd rounder?
    theres a cap on how much he can make anyway so he'll prob get what tyler johnson got. but theres no way the lakers don't match that. I mean they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out their roster regardless. paying talen is just a matter of whether or not they want to pay the tax to stay competitive. the choice isn't do they want to pay talen $20M or some other player $20M. the choice is basically do I want to pay taxes on talen's $20M or sign a vet min.

    I wouldnt be surprised of SchrŲder and Talen both milk the **** out of the Lakers. Talen is signed with Klutch too. Lakers are ****ed.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-13-2021 at 07:03 PM.

  8. #1403
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,558
    THT and Kuzma for Lowry I would do that trade in a heartbeat

    Then essentially your new look Raptors would be

    PG- THT
    SG- VanVleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Boucher

    2nd unit

    PG- Flynn
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Watanabe
    PF- Kuzma
    C- Birch/Gillespie


    Lakers with their team

    PG- Lowry
    SG- KCP
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Anthony Davis
    C- Drummond

    Essentially 4 All Stars in that starting lineup with Lowry being a former All Star and Drummond also being a former All Star paired up with AD and LeBron

    Lowry gets his chance at another ring this time as a Laker

  9. #1404
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,129
    I would be surprised if the Lakers bring back drummond. He makes Marc look like an all star.

  10. #1405
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    THT and Kuzma for Lowry I would do that trade in a heartbeat

    Then essentially your new look Raptors would be

    PG- THT
    SG- VanVleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Boucher

    2nd unit

    PG- Flynn
    SG- Trent Jr
    SF- Watanabe
    PF- Kuzma
    C- Birch/Gillespie


    Lakers with their team

    PG- Lowry
    SG- KCP
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Anthony Davis
    C- Drummond

    Essentially 4 All Stars in that starting lineup with Lowry being a former All Star and Drummond also being a former All Star paired up with AD and LeBron

    Lowry gets his chance at another ring this time as a Laker
    I think Boucher works best as a PF, and due to our lack of a decent center for most of the year he's been forced out of position. Any plan going forward should have him coming off the bench as a PF and ensure we have the centers and depth to keep him as a PF. I just like him roaming on defense more than him holding the post.

  11. #1406
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    I think Boucher works best as a PF, and due to our lack of a decent center for most of the year he's been forced out of position. Any plan going forward should have him coming off the bench as a PF and ensure we have the centers and depth to keep him as a PF. I just like him roaming on defense more than him holding the post.
    Less room to make bad decisions too.

  12. #1407
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,129
    honestly depends on the matchups. real centers are kinda rare nowadays. when he is against second units, he is practically up against 2s/3s and 4s at the 4 and 5 spots. not every team has a Kanter or Howard off the bench. like the Celtics have 6'6, 6'7 guys as their back up bigs most of the time.

    the 4 is the hardest position to play defensively in the Raptors system. i dont really think boucher can handle it sometimes which is why he slots in at the 5 spot a lot.

  13. #1408
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,457
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    theres a cap on how much he can make anyway so he'll prob get what tyler johnson got. but theres no way the lakers don't match that. I mean they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out their roster regardless. paying talen is just a matter of whether or not they want to pay the tax to stay competitive. the choice isn't do they want to pay talen $20M or some other player $20M. the choice is basically do I want to pay taxes on talen's $20M or sign a vet min.

    I wouldnt be surprised of SchrŲder and Talen both milk the **** out of the Lakers. Talen is signed with Klutch too. Lakers are ****ed.
    ahhh I didnt know that, yeah he aint going no where then.

  14. #1409
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    honestly depends on the matchups. real centers are kinda rare nowadays. when he is against second units, he is practically up against 2s/3s and 4s at the 4 and 5 spots. not every team has a Kanter or Howard off the bench. like the Celtics have 6'6, 6'7 guys as their back up bigs most of the time.

    the 4 is the hardest position to play defensively in the Raptors system. i dont really think boucher can handle it sometimes which is why he slots in at the 5 spot a lot.
    I can agree with that. So, I'll amend my opinion to be that I'd like a true center for the starting lineup, and the personnel in place to put Boucher in the best position dependent on matchups.

  15. #1410
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,129
    Are you guys okay with Birch and Gilly being our big rotation going forward?

Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •