Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354
Results 5,296 to 5,307 of 5307
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    What did he do ? Bang Tatum? Lmao
    Udoka or Mazzulla? Mazzulla is an alcoholic who likes to beat up women when he drinks. Woj tried to rehab his image in real time on ESPN rofl. Udoka secretly had an affair with a subordinate and there is possibly more to the story based on what reporters are insinuating. lots of Boston insiders saying stuff like "if they didn't think it was justified, they wouldn't have banned him for a year".

My guess is it wasn't 100% consensual, it wasn't just one staff member, there were problematic incidents leading up to this and/or he ****ed/****ed over the wrong person. And obviously, risk of a pending lawsuit is huge. Morals or not, I think most people would have been fine if he was suspended for a couple games if it was just cause he didn't report it. I think the lack of dissent from within the org is telling. Usually you got mother****ers posting cryptic *** ****.

EDIT: Yup "consensual". Classic.

Matt Barnes: "I spoke on Ime Udoka's defense and after finding out the facts I erased what I posted because this situation in Boston is deep, messy and 100 times uglier than any of us thought. Some things happened I can't condone. It's not my place to tell you what happened."
    now everyone is hyping it up too much that im curious what happened.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-23-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Apparently the Raptors are still one of the teams still in the hunt for Jordan Clarkson and if I'm the Raptors, I trade for Clarkson.

Harris to Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Harris to Knicks.
    I'm not seeing this. Any further details?

* Sorry, I was thinking Tobias Harris for some reason. I see now that they signed Jalen. Best of luck to him.*

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Harris to Knicks.
    The window for the Raptors to tender a contract lapsed. I guess they like the other options in camp better. I am a bit surprised he didn't get a chance to compete for a spot, but enough time has passed that clearly the Raptors have already moved on. The two way contracts are filled and we have guarantees on contracts for all 15 spots (assuming Champagnie and Banton are included).

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The window for the Raptors to tender a contract lapsed. I guess they like the other options in camp better. I am a bit surprised he didn't get a chance to compete for a spot, but enough time has passed that clearly the Raptors have already moved on. The two way contracts are filled and we have guarantees on contracts for all 15 spots (assuming Champagnie and Banton are included).
    they didn't sound that excited about him. the one time I heard Nurse speak about him (post suspension) it just sounded like he was trying to be nice.

Does Masai know that he never mentions Gary when talking core players? I don't know if it is intentional but it does make you wonder.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    they didn't sound that excited about him. the one time I heard Nurse speak about him (post suspension) it just sounded like he was trying to be nice.
    I remember the interview you are referring. The sentiment definitely seemed lukewarm to me. Kind of a "we still like him, but we'll see" kind of thing. Non-committal. If he didn't have that Dallas Mavericks game where he dropped 30 when the Raps were short on players, I doubt this would even be a story. And really it isn't much of a story outside people on boards like this that like to follow all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Does Masai know that he never mentions Gary when talking core players? I don't know if it is intentional but it does make you wonder.

i mean is it that surprising?

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post

I don't even wonder to be honest. I don't think he is a core player personally, so I might view the situation with some bias. I think he'll get a contract beyond what guys like Duncan Robinson or Evan Fournier got (adjusted for an increase cap) based solely on his shooting percentages and shot volume, combined with his age. Some front office will look at his steals and view him as a good defender. He provides an element of offense that can be useful when plays breakdown, or through his spacing, but he is a prime candidate to get overpaid in free agency. I hope they trade him for assets at the deadline, but it might be more likely we see him leave as a free agent next off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don't even wonder to be honest. I don't think he is a core player personally, so I might view the situation with some bias. I think he'll get a contract beyond what guys like Duncan Robinson or Evan Fournier got (adjusted for an increase cap) based solely on his shooting percentages and shot volume, combined with his age. Some front office will look at his steals and view him as a good defender. He provides an element of offense that can be useful when plays breakdown, or through his spacing, but he is a prime candidate to get overpaid in free agency. I hope they trade him for assets at the deadline, but it might be more likely we see him leave as a free agent next off-season.
    @ecart

I suppose it is not that surprising. I think it has been apparent for a while that he will either be traded or will walk when he is eligible for free agency.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

GTJ for Turner