Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 353 of 354 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354 LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 5307
  1. #5281
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    ofc it needs context. most people aren't knowledgable enough to provide the context. they bring out the "context" when they can't make the statistical argument.

    for example that game doesn't even support your argument. most of his points didn't even come from mismatches.
    No it came from cooking! Tbh I donít even think Toronto has the personal to expose mismatches unless a small guy gets stuck on siakam or Barnes. Iím saying in general their defence took a hit with the trade and theyíll be exposable in mismatches. Especially in the playoffs. They donít scare me.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 09-13-2022 at 12:45 PM.

  2. #5282
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Fair enough, but context. Half the games they play are against bad teams that may not have the talent to expose mismatches. Also these mismatches really get highlighted in the playoffs so until they see some success there I am hesitant to crown them.

    Also in my opinion their defence and depth took a bit with the Mitchell trade.

    But, and this is important, Iím clearly being misunderstood. I never said they wonít have a top rated regular season defence again. All Iíve said is that Toronto will win more games than them. I could totally see cle having a better rated defence in the regular season but still winning less games than toronto. I predicted that Cleveland will win ~5 more games than last season, which has them close to 50 wins and that hot take offends you?
    that wasn't your argument. your argument was that they can't do X cause you saw them not do X this one time. and that one time where they failed to do X, wasn't even a good example of them failing to do X. Siakam wasn't even feasting on mismatches. now you're saying that your argument is that the Raptors will win more games.

    The hot take isn't that Toronto would win more games. Its that you throw out these weird claims about what a team can or can't do based off of a limited viewing of that team.

    How did their defence and depth take a hit with the Mitchell trade? Sexton sucks. Lauri was manageable but not good.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-13-2022 at 12:51 PM.

  3. #5283
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    that wasn't your argument. your argument was that they can't do X cause you saw them not do X this one time. and that one time where they failed to do X, wasn't even a good example of them failing to do X. Siakam wasn't even feasting on mismatches. now you're saying that your argument is that the Raptors will win more games.

    How did their defence and depth take a hit with the Mitchell trade? Sexton sucks. Lauri was manageable but not good.
    Nope. My argument has been that Toronto will win more games than Cleveland. When challenged I gave some supporting evidence that helped me draw my conclusions. Scroll back to the beginning of this disagreement and you will see. Everything since then has been me defending my prediction.

    Youíre acting like I said Cleveland will be bad defensively this year lol.

    Cle was running 3 Cís last season. Hard to not have a top rated interior defence when you do that. They replaced that weird imbalance with Mitchell, who is not a good defender. So they replaced an odd defensive advantage with a pure offensive scorer. Who will play beside another poor defender in garland (playing with 3 Cís really helped mask his defence).
    My assessment is that their perimeter defence got worse, and so did their interior defence. Internal growth should mask some of that, but I still have the raptors winning more regular season games.

  4. #5284
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nope. My argument has been that Toronto will win more games than Cleveland. When challenged I gave some supporting evidence that helped me draw my conclusions. Scroll back to the beginning of this disagreement and you will see. Everything since then has been me defending my prediction.

    Youíre acting like I said Cleveland will be bad defensively this year lol.

    Cle was running 3 Cís last season. Hard to not have a top rated interior defence when you do that. They replaced that weird imbalance with Mitchell, who is not a good defender. So they replaced an odd defensive advantage with a pure offensive scorer. Who will play beside another poor defender in garland (playing with 3 Cís really helped mask his defence).
    My assessment is that their perimeter defence got worse, and so did their interior defence. Internal growth should mask some of that, but I still have the raptors winning more regular season games.
    No it wasn't lol. If we're spending the last couple posts back and forth talking about their defence, the main point of contention obviously isn't about their win totals. I didn't even comment about what I think the raptors or cle would end up with. How could you possibly think this whole discussion is about 5 wins lmfao.

    The main point of disagreement was you saying "their perimeter defence is terrible because they'll get exposed with mismatches". I explained why that wouldn't be the case. One example I brought up was Mobley being good at scram switching. To which you replied and brought up Siakam picking them apart.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Cle was running 3 Cís last season. Hard to not have a top rated interior defence when you do that. They replaced that weird imbalance with Mitchell, who is not a good defender. So they replaced an odd defensive advantage with a pure offensive scorer. Who will play beside another poor defender in garland (playing with 3 Cís really helped mask his defence).
    they were playing Lauri on the perimeter. what does that have to do with interior defence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Who will play beside another poor defender in garland (playing with 3 Cís really helped mask his defence).
    I'm pretty sure the way they were running their defence with their 3 "C's" is nowhere close to how you're envisioning it lmfao. Lauri is an awful interior defender and a limited perimeter defender.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-13-2022 at 01:21 PM.

  5. #5285
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,848
    The Cavs are too talented to not finish in the top 5 Really just depends on health.

    I think the top 8 in the conference have gotten better. Itís gonna be a tight race between those 8 teams.

    Bucks
    Celtics
    6ers
    Heat
    Cavs
    Raps
    Bulls
    Hawks

  6. #5286
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Cavs are too talented to not finish in the top 5 Really just depends on health.

    I think the top 8 in the conference have gotten better. Itís gonna be a tight race between those 8 teams.

    Bucks
    Celtics
    6ers
    Heat
    Cavs
    Raps
    Bulls
    Hawks
    I think Bulls are going to regress the most. A lot of their wins came from Demar playing the best basketball of his life.

  7. #5287
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    Wasn't expecting Ime to be suspended for a year when I predicted Celtics to regress but I'll take it.

  8. #5288
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Wasn't expecting Ime to be suspended for a year when I predicted Celtics to regress but I'll take it.
    I donít understand. I would be absolutely shocked if the celtics gave him a major suspension. 2 adults in a consensual relationship = punting your best shot at another championship? Hard to believe the Celtics would shoot themselves in the foot for no reason like that.

    World needs to hit the pause button on all this office-romance drama. Office romance is an important piece of society. Where else are these Uber dedicated individuals supposed to meet someone likeminded?

  9. #5289
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít understand. I would be absolutely shocked if the celtics gave him a major suspension. 2 adults in a consensual relationship = punting your best shot at another championship? Hard to believe the Celtics would shoot themselves in the foot for no reason like that.

    World needs to hit the pause button on all this office-romance drama. Office romance is an important piece of society. Where else are these Uber dedicated individuals supposed to meet someone likeminded?
    idk it has been like that for a very long time and it isn't really just about dating your coworker. Big corporate no-no to secretly date your direct report for a multitude of very good reasons, especially if you're highly placed. He could have easily gotten in front of it by declaring it to HR but he was having an affair. There may be more to the story than they aren't disclosing which is factoring into what seems like an extraordinarily punitive punishment.

    Celtics are pretty corporate and by the book. They're not going to try to sweep it under the rug like the Mavs or Suns.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-22-2022 at 03:49 PM.

  10. #5290
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    KO and Saben lee for Bog

    This trade is so Ainge. Follow up two huge trades with a complete dud.

  11. #5291
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    looking like a done deal. Mazzulla interim coach. Udoka may be removed permanently. Would not be surprised if he gets bought out.

    I thought Udoka was an overrated overachieving coach that was a lot worse than Stevens. Lets see how Mazzulla does. Man has never touched NBA pine.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-22-2022 at 06:08 PM.

  12. #5292
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    looking like a done deal. Mazzulla interim coach. Udoka may be removed permanently. Would not be surprised if he gets bought out.

    I thought Udoka was an overrated overachieving coach that was a lot worse than Stevens. Lets see how Mazzulla does. Man has never touched NBA pine.
    Gonna be very frustrating for stevens trying to find his equal at coach.

  13. #5293
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,792
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    KO and Saben lee for Bog

    This trade is so Ainge. Follow up two huge trades with a complete dud.
    Agreed. Terrible trade. Wish we had worthless contracts to get involved in this.

  14. #5294
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    official now. 1 year suspension. sounds like it is permanent too. also hilarious/sad Mazz got a history too...

    The Boston Celtics announced today that the team has suspended Head Coach Ime Udoka for the 2022-23 season for violations of team policies. A decision about his future with the Celtics beyond this season will be made at a later date. The suspension takes effect immediately.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-22-2022 at 09:33 PM.

  15. #5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,848
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    official now. 1 year suspension. sounds like it is permanent too. also hilarious/sad Mazz got a history too...
    What did he do ? Bang Tatum? Lmao

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •