Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1392
    Watch us sign Theis or some ****.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Watch us sign Theis or some ****.
    Id be so pissed.

I wonder if they would be willing to move FVV. He can't really lead a team and you're about to pay GTJ. Basically 40+M for two starting SGs and Fred is making too much to be a backup combo guard.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-01-2021 at 08:34 PM.

I've always liked him.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Celts writers think he is going to get 12-18M this summer. Don't think he is worth that.

Celts writers think he is going to get 12-18M this summer. Don't think he is worth that.
    Celtics fans were pretty upset to lose him from what I read. I like his game, especially in a back up role, although he would look pretty good as our starting center right now. With that said, I agree that range may not make him worth it. I figured he would come cheap.

Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Celtics fans were pretty upset to lose him from what I read. I like his game, especially in a back up role, although he would look pretty good as our starting center right now. With that said, I agree that range may not make him worth it. I figured he would come cheap.

Fan expectations always lag behind player contracts. Doubt they would be happy with him averaging 9 and 5 on 12+M. Free agency looks difficult. Feels easier drafting/signing a guard and trading for a big than vice versa.

I wonder if they would be willing to move FVV. He can't really lead a team and you're about to pay GTJ. Basically 40+M for two starting SGs and Fred is making too much to be a backup combo guard.
    If you move VanVleet that would be pretty stupid if you guys did that. Why? FVV is supposed to be the heir apparent to Lowry as far as bein your primary decision maker and if not for COVID as well as havin a pretty bad start, VanVleet would have been an All Star for y'all this year. Plus if you let Lowry go in free agency, who will lead this team? Someone is goin to have to do it

Trent Jr I can actually get behind you guys re signing him so that I can agree with

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If you move VanVleet that would be pretty stupid if you guys did that. Why? FVV is supposed to be the heir apparent to Lowry as far as bein your primary decision maker and if not for COVID as well as havin a pretty bad start, VanVleet would have been an All Star for y'all this year. Plus if you let Lowry go in free agency, who will lead this team? Someone is goin to have to do it

Trent Jr I can actually get behind you guys re signing him so that I can agree with
    FVV isn't a PG.

FVV isn't a PG.
    Well he is a combo guard but still same **** LOL he plays both SG and PG

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well he is a combo guard but still same **** LOL he plays both SG and PG
    doesn't matter. he can't lead a team. I'm all for positionless basketball but you still need players that can fulfill the three main roles, playmaking, scoring and rebounding. Unless Jokic signs with us, there isn't enough playmaking on that squad. And none of the guys, even Fred himself, are at their best without a playmaker.

doesn't matter. he can't lead a team. I'm all for positionless basketball but you still need players that can fulfill the three main roles, playmaking, scoring and rebounding. Unless Jokic signs with us, there isn't enough playmaking on that squad. And none of the guys, even Fred himself, are at their best without a playmaker.
    Im willing to see if he can develop that part of his game by next season. But if he is the same dude next year then we need to figure the position out.

Crazy suggestion. Because I am bored...

Raptors pick up options on Baynes, Boucher, Hood and trade them for Horford and a 2021 2nd rounder. Big contract but better than IFA Centers available. Veteran leader to hold down C position for two years. We retain bird rights on Lowry and Trent and still have MLE to spend in FA. Operate as an above cap team.

Vanvleet/Flynn
    Trent Jr/Lowry/Harris
    Anunoby/Bembry
    Siakam/Watanabe
    Horford/Birch

4 picks from this year
    MLE acquisition
    Last edited by pebloemer; 04-13-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post

Raptors pick up options on Baynes, Boucher, Hood and trade them for Horford and a 2021 2nd rounder. Big contract but better than IFA Centers available. Veteran leader to hold down C position for two years. We retain bird rights on Lowry and Trent and still have MLE to spend in FA. Operate as an above cap team.

Vanvleet/Flynn
    Trent Jr/Lowry/Harris
    Anunoby/Bembry
    Siakam/Watanabe
    Horford/Birch

4 picks from this year
    MLE acquisition
    They would need to give us a first imo. A good first too.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post

Vanvleet/Flynn
    Trent Jr/Lowry/Harris
    Anunoby/Bembry
    Siakam/Watanabe
    Horford/Birch

4 picks from this year
    MLE acquisition
    Id prefer a higher ceiling/longer term build than a quick bandaid that has us floundering. Horford would be a nice addition at a much reduced contract.

Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast