Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 357 of 386 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5785
  1. #5341
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Just a reminder that FVV played a key role in our championship run. I donít think we win without him. Imo he was our finals mvp.

    Feels like someone saying ďyou canít win a championship with siakam on the floorĒ when, like, we already know thatís not valid.
    How was he the finals mvp. He played well in his limited role and he got overrated af by the media and people who don't understand what a scheme is but he is no where near fmvp level. That's also such a disingenuous argument too. Fred was a 6th man playing an extremely limited role on a very deep team built around a two way HOF wing playing at an all time level. Yeah sure, if we somehow get prime Lowry and Kawhi back then yeah Fred has a place.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-25-2022 at 09:02 PM.

  2. #5342
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,823
    The way SGA is playing, I doubt the Raptors have a chance at him now. He has to ask out lol.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  3. #5343
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The way SGA is playing, I doubt the Raptors have a chance at him now. He has to ask out lol.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Think it was always this way. We have the chips, but we want to have a good team after the trade. He isnít Durant.

  4. #5344
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,959
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Think it was always this way. We have the chips, but we want to have a good team after the trade. He isnít Durant.
    This season if youíre watching game to game I would likely take SGA now and moving fwd

  5. #5345
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    This season if youíre watching game to game I would likely take SGA now and moving fwd
    Over Durant you mean?

    Interesting point and I think I agree, but what Iím saying is his age and skill mean he would cost us more than OG and FVV/GTjr.

  6. #5346
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,959
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Over Durant you mean?

    Interesting point and I think I agree, but what Iím saying is his age and skill mean he would cost us more than OG and FVV/GTjr.
    At this point OKC would be stupid to trade him, and likely wouldnít unless he forced them too.

  7. #5347
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,743
    @ecart
    Hernangomez and thad got the start over barnes and GTjr, and the minutes were spread really nicely in the win over Cleveland.

    I personally feel itís direct evidence of my claim that it will pay off for for the rest of the season that nurse had/got to go deep in the roster in the first 20 games.

    Iíd be interested to hear your contrary opinion.

  8. #5348
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,959
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    @ecart
    Hernangomez and thad got the start over barnes and GTjr, and the minutes were spread really nicely in the win over Cleveland.

    I personally feel itís direct evidence of my claim that it will pay off for for the rest of the season that nurse had/got to go deep in the roster in the first 20 games.

    Iíd be interested to hear your contrary opinion.
    I really think GTJ should be coming off the bench. Problem is he would likely do the Lou Williams thing and take all the shots and kill ball movement. I personally think we should be shopping dude and would prefer if he was gone by the deadline. He sucks

    This year I actually like Flynn better. Gotta give credit where itís due. I rathe the mins go to Flynn/Banton than GTJ.

    I like Gomez, I think he can carve out a role for himself on this roster. He has been pretty decent in the pt he has gotten

  9. #5349
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    @ecart
    Hernangomez and thad got the start over barnes and GTjr, and the minutes were spread really nicely in the win over Cleveland.

    I personally feel itís direct evidence of my claim that it will pay off for for the rest of the season that nurse had/got to go deep in the roster in the first 20 games.

    Iíd be interested to hear your contrary opinion.
    And in the playoffs they'll barely play and have 0 impact. He literally does this every season. If anything it is even more evidence that they're just fillers which was my point and it doesn't mean anything. Barnes is injured and he's just sending a message to GTJ. Them boys are just another Matt Thomas or RHJ. How many minutes did they get against Boston in the playoffs? How much did Yuta play against Philly? I wouldn't be surprised if their minutes fall off a cliff in the new year.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-29-2022 at 08:33 PM.

  10. #5350
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I really think GTJ should be coming off the bench. Problem is he would likely do the Lou Williams thing and take all the shots and kill ball movement. I personally think we should be shopping dude and would prefer if he was gone by the deadline. He sucks

    This year I actually like Flynn better. Gotta give credit where itís due. I rathe the mins go to Flynn/Banton than GTJ.

    I like Gomez, I think he can carve out a role for himself on this roster. He has been pretty decent in the pt he has gotten
    100% agree on everything here.

  11. #5351
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    And in the playoffs they'll barely play and have 0 impact. He literally does this every season. If anything it is even more evidence that they're just fillers which was my point and it doesn't mean anything. Barnes is injured and he's just sending a message to GTJ. Them boys are just another Matt Thomas or RHJ. How many minutes did they get against Boston in the playoffs? How much did Yuta play against Philly? I wouldn't be surprised if their minutes fall off a cliff in the new year.
    Question should be how many minutes will yuta play for the nets in these upcoming playoffs (assuming they make it lol).
    Guys will never earn those minutes without the opportunity. I definitely expect hernangomez to get playoff minutes. He can play his role nicely. Thad will also see playoff minutes that he may not have gotten if he didnít have this chance to show his chemistry.
    Flynn Iím less sure of because of defensive matchups, but if FVV goes down then we will need him and his shooting in the playoffs.

    If, like youíre saying, our starters are able to play 40 minutes in the playoffs and avoid injury, I will thank the depth of our newly found bench for keeping the starters healthy.
    If, like you suggested in the past, we consolidate some of this depth talent for a more impactful playerÖ then these minutes were EVEN MORE valuable than the other 2 scenarios in building value for these pieces.



    The only reason Iím going so hard in the paint on this is because you previously eluded to me being unable to accept that the season hasnít gone the way I hoped or that I am basically full of ****. But this is literally exactly what I hoped/expected to see at this point in the season. I still think we get top 3 in the east. Infact Iím even more optimistic now given how some of the teams I was worried about have fallen off the map (6ers and nets).
    If we are dealing with injuries to our starters in February then the season is not going the way I expected. Thatís when I will be disappointed. Right now I am feeling very excited about this teams trajectory.

    Milwakee, Boston, toronto. Book it. (Playoff prediction is still eliminated in the 2nd round but it may depend on matchups).

  12. #5352
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Question should be how many minutes will yuta play for the nets in these upcoming playoffs (assuming they make it lol).
    Guys will never earn those minutes without the opportunity. I definitely expect hernangomez to get playoff minutes. He can play his role nicely. Thad will also see playoff minutes that he may not have gotten if he didnít have this chance to show his chemistry.
    Flynn Iím less sure of because of defensive matchups, but if FVV goes down then we will need him and his shooting in the playoffs.

    If, like youíre saying, our starters are able to play 40 minutes in the playoffs and avoid injury, I will thank the depth of our newly found bench for keeping the starters healthy.
    If, like you suggested in the past, we consolidate some of this depth talent for a more impactful playerÖ then these minutes were EVEN MORE valuable than the other 2 scenarios in building value for these pieces.



    The only reason Iím going so hard in the paint on this is because you previously eluded to me being unable to accept that the season hasnít gone the way I hoped or that I am basically full of ****. But this is literally exactly what I hoped/expected to see at this point in the season. I still think we get top 3 in the east. Infact Iím even more optimistic now given how some of the teams I was worried about have fallen off the map (6ers and nets).
    If we are dealing with injuries to our starters in February then the season is not going the way I expected. Thatís when I will be disappointed. Right now I am feeling very excited about this teams trajectory.

    Milwakee, Boston, toronto. Book it. (Playoff prediction is still eliminated in the 2nd round but it may depend on matchups).
    Reminder that I was critical of your hyperbolic statements, not the content. Nothing you are saying is dissuading from the initial criticism.

    I don't think it is real depth or they're building anything. It is an unexpected source of minutes but Nurse isn't looking at this and being like damn I can use these guys strategically in the future or I can confidently play these guys without bleeding points when I give guys rest. They did their jobs and stepped up and performed to expectations. How is it "HUGE"? That's some pure *** copium. Honestly this is too much text for a bunch of benchwarmers that aren't even playing THAT well.

    None of these guys matter to the extent you make it out to be. They were signed to be filler and they filled. It's not some 900iq move by Nurse. Nor are they building value. Their contracts are too small and they're all expiring. Consolidate into what? Even more hyperbole. Flynn went from hot dog garbage to being marginally passable. 0 trade value. Bo is on a NBA minimum and looking to get paid in free agency. 0 trade value. They're not gonna trade Thad. 0 trade value.

    Earn minutes? Nurse isn't Coach Carter. Man plays favourites. Dude already has his playoff rotation cemented in his mind. Unless these guys massively outplay his expectations that isn't going to happen. Playing a couple of good minutes isn't going to move the needle one bit.

    What would actually be huge is Trent playing to the pedestal that Reddit and all these blog bois and podcasts put him on. That would actually be worth all your hyperbolic statements. Otto being healthy, focused and in game shape would be huge.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-30-2022 at 05:32 PM.

  13. #5353
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Reminder that I was critical of your hyperbolic statements, not the content. Nothing you are saying is dissuading from the initial criticism.

    I don't think it is real depth or they're building anything. It is an unexpected source of minutes but Nurse isn't looking at this and being like damn I can use these guys strategically in the future or I can confidently play these guys without bleeding points when I give guys rest. They did their jobs and stepped up and performed to expectations. How is it "HUGE"? That's some pure *** copium. Honestly this is too much text for a bunch of benchwarmers that aren't even playing THAT well.

    None of these guys matter to the extent you make it out to be. They were signed to be filler and they filled. It's not some 900iq move by Nurse. Nor are they building value. Their contracts are too small and they're all expiring. Consolidate into what? Even more hyperbole. Flynn went from hot dog garbage to being marginally passable. 0 trade value. Bo is on a NBA minimum and looking to get paid in free agency. 0 trade value. They're not gonna trade Thad. 0 trade value.

    Earn minutes? Nurse isn't Coach Carter. Man plays favourites. Dude already has his playoff rotation cemented in his mind. Unless these guys massively outplay his expectations that isn't going to happen. Playing a couple of good minutes isn't going to move the needle one bit.

    What would actually be huge is Trent playing to the pedestal that Reddit and all these blog bois and podcasts put him on. That would actually be worth all your hyperbolic statements. Otto being healthy, focused and in game shape would be huge.
    You had me right up until copium. That implies that I am unhappy with the team and have something to cope with. I assure you I am genuinely enthusiastic about this team.

    So if some pieces from the bench are consolidated, or if our starters play more normal minutes compared to last season, or if Flynn/Banton or Thad get legit minutes in the playoffs; your point is completely disproven right?
    Where is the threshold?

  14. #5354
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You had me right up until copium. That implies that I am unhappy with the team and have something to cope with. I assure you I am genuinely enthusiastic about this team.

    So if some pieces from the bench are consolidated, or if our starters play more normal minutes compared to last season, or if Flynn/Banton or Thad get legit minutes in the playoffs; your point is completely disproven right?
    Where is the threshold?
    that's not what that means. im saying it is copium because you're spinning losing half your roster as an excessively positive thing even though it is a bad thing objectively. that is coping. if Boston lost half their roster and Pritchard and Blake played ok during that stretch, I doubt you would say it is "huge" for them.

    It has nothing to do with how happy or unhappy you are about this team lol. This team could be dog **** and you'll still be genuinely enthusiastic about this team. You'll find a way to spin it as a 900iq move by Masai to get the French dude. I know this, this is why I didn't want to make this a thing since I already have a pretty good idea of where this is going to go. Like I said originally, we can agree to disagree.

    my point is disproven:

    a) if they consolidate the bench pieces into something of real value. a mid to late second like the ones received for Davis and Thomas doesn't count.

    b) if Bo, Flynn or Banton get real meaningful minutes for the rest of the season and play meaningful minutes in the playoffs with a healthy roster. idk why you're including Thad in this. Dudes about to retire. What are you building with him? Plus Nurse likes him so much he was giving him minutes even when he was playing like dog water.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-30-2022 at 08:04 PM.

  15. #5355
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,743
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    that's not what that means. im saying it is copium because you're spinning losing half your roster as an excessively positive thing even though it is a bad thing objectively. that is coping. if Boston lost half their roster and Pritchard and Blake played ok during that stretch, I doubt you would say it is "huge" for them.

    It has nothing to do with how happy or unhappy you are about this team lol. This team could be dog **** and you'll still be genuinely enthusiastic about this team. You'll find a way to spin it as a 900iq move by Masai to get the French dude. I know this, this is why I didn't want to make this a thing since I already have a pretty good idea of where this is going to go. Like I said originally, we can agree to disagree.

    my point is disproven:

    a) if they consolidate the bench pieces into something of real value. a mid to late second like the ones received for Davis and Thomas doesn't count.

    b) if Bo, Flynn or Banton get real meaningful minutes for the rest of the season and play meaningful minutes in the playoffs with a healthy roster. idk why you're including Thad in this. Dudes about to retire. What are you building with him? Plus Nurse likes him so much he was giving him minutes even when he was playing like dog water.
    Pritchard stepping up to lead Boston in smarts absence would be huge for them. But both Blake and Pritchard already established themselves in the rotation so I donít see the comp.

    A better comp imo would be the difference between Boston having those players vs not having them at all on their bench. Boston is also better off with established bench players.

    Iím packaging Thad in there because he has established himself in the rotation. Before the injuries he didnít do that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •